IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Agree with the first 94% of this post. But... have you seen Ryse?

Seen it?

Not first hand, no. Obviously I have seen video previews etc. Seen enough to pre-order it, whilst keeping realistic expectations. Yep, looks like I will enjoy it.

It'll get more play than Driveclub over Xmas even if it does end up with simplistic controls. Have they mentioned anything about varying difficulty settings allowing for a more complex and challenging campaign like you get in a lot of video games ?

Moz you seem to be the expert so we're all looking at you for the answers here.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/18/xbox-one-headset-adapter-required-for-new-headsets-wont-release-until-2014/

No surround sound or 3rd party headsets to work until early 2014.

Both new and old headsets will require adapters made by MS as a result no 3rd party headsets will be available until 2014 and no previous gen headsets will work either until the adapters go on sale.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/18/xbox-one-headset-adapter-required-for-new-headsets-wont-release-until-2014/

No surround sound or 3rd party headsets to work until early 2014.

Both new and old headsets will require adapters made by MS as a result no 3rd party headsets will be available until 2014 and no previous gen headsets will work either until the adapters go on sale.

Er - why won't my surround headphones work? Does the thing not have an optical out?

Glad shopto have sorted out more Forza Day One editions. I really didn't want the FIFA pack so changing it means that I can get Dead Rising 3 for less money than the bundle they originally offered. It's going to be a hard month waiting until Christmas day to play it.

Er - why won't my surround headphones work? Does the thing not have an optical out?

I'm wondering if it is more to do with those headsets that have a mic (such as my Astros :/ ) as they need a cable plugged into a current Xbox pad if you want to use voice.

Got a pre order but as the days tick off its looking increasingly unlikely as my work dried up about a month ago and I'm in a kind of holding pattern right now waiting for interviews to be arranged.

Currently expecting to be taken on as a nuclear safety assessor. So you have all been warned.

17842.jpg

SmartglassTM

What games are people getting with their consoles?

Forza with the console and bundled with Battlefield 3, will probably download Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct too.

I adore Hot Pursuit so NFS Rivals has shot up out of nowhere, but I'm dubious about getting two racing games at once. If the console wasn't coming with Forza, I'd probably have chosen Rivals over it because I do prefer ludicrous arcade drift handling. Maybe after Xmas when I've rinsed the others.

Lovingly stolen from IGN - i'd not actually seen the full list yet.

Launch lineup.

Retail Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [4] Ubisoft Wiki

Retail Battlefield 4 [5] DICE Wiki

Retail Call of Duty: Ghosts[6] Infinity Ward Wiki

Xbox Live Crimson Dragon [7] Grounding Inc., Land Ho! Wiki

Retail Dead Rising 3 [8] Capcom Wiki

Retail FIFA 14 [9] EA Sports Wiki

Retail Fighter Within [10] AMA, Ltd. Wiki

Retail Forza Motorsport 5[11] Turn 10 Wiki

Retail Just Dance 2014 [12] Ubisoft Wiki

Xbox Live /Generous Demo Killer Instinct [13] Double Helix Wiki

Retail LEGO Marvel Super Heroes [14] TT Games Wiki