IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Is there any word of mouth on Powerstar Golf? I like the idea of it as something different, but footage is thin on the ground.

Saw it played on Twitch. Looked like it played really well, with some stylised characters and a bit Links like.

Looking at that list I actually feel kinda spoilt for choice, there's at least 8 titles that I'd want (pending reviews and if money was no object).

Alternatively, I could be excitedly talking about saving all the money I would otherwise have spent on actual games and buying a replacement hard drive for my otherwise unused brand new console instead.

Looking at that list I actually feel kinda spoilt for choice, there's at least 8 titles that I'd want (pending reviews and if money was no object).

Alternatively, I could be excitedly talking about saving all the money I would otherwise have spent on actual games and buying a replacement hard drive for my otherwise unused brand new console instead.

Considering there's exactly 8 titles from that list that are exclusive to the bone, you must be picking up some right shit.

Unless of course you're choosing the obvious cross platform games, in which your zing is shit.

Also Boozy. The next time you ask for opinions on the DS4 and bone pads. Don't complain that people mention the PS4.

I can't believe I just missed part of The Naked Gun to respond to this shit btw :(

Of the launch lineup I'm potentially interested in Forza, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising, Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf, Battlefield 4, NFS Rivals and Ryse, assuming they're decent. Six of those are exclusive, I'd love to know which of them you currently think look like 'right shit'.

I'll hazard a guess at Ryse, so let's hear it on the rest of them.

Yeah, right shit was maybe harsh.

Maybe I should have said the number of games you were interested in seemed like bit of a coincidence more than anything.

Because quite honestly, for me there's Assassins Creed, Battlefield, NFS, FIFA and 2K14.

Also, wrong film Boozy.

I'm going to enjoy doubling or quadrupling the storage in my console with one of the drives I've got lying around, it'll give me more room for all those 50GB game installs we keep hearing about.

Enjoy the non-replaceable 500GB drive (less whatever "significant amount" the OS uses). It's a good job there aren't more than 8 games you want at launch, that's about all you can fit on the drive :hat:

It's a problem for both of the consoles, I feel. Why go into a gen where you're actively trying to adopt a digital sales model and gimp yourself with a smallish HDD?

There's a guy at work who reckons he's going to run all his Xbone/PS4 games off a USB3 SSD RAID0 NAS. Should be funny.

I'm going to enjoy doubling or quadrupling the storage in my console with one of the drives I've got lying around, it'll give me more room for all those 50GB game installs we keep hearing about.

Enjoy the non-replaceable 500GB drive (less whatever "significant amount" the OS uses). It's a good job there aren't more than 8 games you want at launch, that's about all you can fit on the drive :hat:

It's a problem for both of the consoles, I feel. Why go into a gen where you're actively trying to adopt a digital sales model and gimp yourself with a smallish HDD?

There's a guy at work who reckons he's going to run all his Xbone/PS4 games off a USB3 SSD RAID0 NAS. Should be funny.

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure by the time there's enough PS4 games to fill 500GB (eight, you say?) there'll be a bigger model out. :hat:

Although apparently we shouldn't wait for it to be worth owning because it's an 'investment', or something.

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure by the time there's enough PS4 games to fill 500GB (eight, you say?) there'll be a bigger model out. :hat:

You're not getting this, are you? Replaceable hard drive.

Also, what's up with this weird long-running thing where people ignore multiplatform stuff to try and fluff up their sad arguments? Both of them have 64 player 60fps Battlefield on at launch. Even if that was the only thing either of them had, they'd still be worth getting :lol:

Honestly you fanboys are becoming a right pain in the arse. I thought if got away from this pish in the speccy v c64 days.

Fanboy nothing, I'm just pulling people up on their nonsense. This thread's been a pit of bile for the last six months, it's great to finally see people getting excited and talking about the games they could be playing in a months time.

Forza 5 is looking a bit rough.

Question (I don't know the answer!)

Does Forza 5 use the same car models for the game as it does for autovista this time?

Fanboy nothing, I'm just pulling people up on their nonsense. This thread's been a pit of bile for the last six months, it's great to finally see people getting excited and talking about the games they could be playing in a months time.

You're not, you're embarrassing yourself with blunt barbs to try and make yourself feel better about an expensive product you're about to buy. Take a step back.

Hard drive willy waving is really scraping the barrel. It just seems a bit of a daft thing to be doing at this stage and massive cost increase to the cheaper option which has only 2 retail sized exclusives, one of which only a delusional brainwashed launch hyped irrational card carrying member of the Sony bullshit belief squad could get excited about. With the other being Knack.

You're not, you're embarrassing yourself with blunt barbs to try and make yourself feel better about an expensive product you're about to buy. Take a step back.

Come on Moz, this is a bit rich from the guy who's spent the last two months repeatedly saying that he doesn't actually need a next gen console because he'll be playing better versions of everything on PC, and yesterday that he's so skint he can barely afford his bills without a loan, and is still trying to convince himself to lay down over £350 for a console which has nothing but Killzone on it for the foreseeable future.

I'm incredibly comfortable in my decision, but there is some schadenfreude to be found in seeing the shoe on the other foot. There's been some absolutely desperate rhetoric floating about the PS4 in the last two weeks.

Hard drive willy waving is really scraping the barrel. It just seems a bit of a daft thing to be doing at this stage and massive cost increase to the cheaper option which has only 2 retail sized exclusives, one of which only a delusional brainwashed launch hyped irrational card carrying member of the Sony bullshit belief squad could get excited about. With the other being Knack.

They're the same size, Boozy. I.e. too small. There's no willy-waving going on, just replies to the Carl0o0o0os confirmation bias nonsense. I mean, it's not even true. One solitary person said they were going to do it and then decided to change their plans because the drives were more expensive than they thought.

potcallingthekettleblack.jpg

Yeah, where's that, Layte? Cos I went back quite a few pages and all I can see is calm discussion. Especially in comparison to Carl0o0o0os now resorting to personal attacks in his last post.