Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

All Carlos did was say "the PS4 has no games and those fos are getting excited about spending more money reading hard drives instead of on the games which have been delayed. It's a reasonable shot fired in this war.

Also please stop with this UN peace keeper style of posting when in the past you were one of the most vehement members of the enemy and continue with this innocent questioning style of downplaying any positivity.

To answer your question I don't know if vista mode uses the same models but I'll take an educated guess and say it probably doesn't as in game with multiple cars on track it's unlikely that the same level of detail is required or feasible.

I'm going to enjoy doubling or quadrupling the storage in my console with one of the drives I've got lying around, it'll give me more room for all those 50GB game installs we keep hearing about.

Enjoy the non-replaceable 500GB drive (less whatever "significant amount" the OS uses). It's a good job there aren't more than 8 games you want at launch, that's about all you can fit on the drive :hat:

You've got to admit that does read like you're trolling.

Come on Moz, this is a bit rich from the guy who's spent the last two months repeatedly saying that he doesn't actually need a next gen console because he'll be playing better versions of everything on PC, and yesterday that he's so skint he can barely afford his bills without a loan, and is still trying to convince himself to lay down over £350 for a console which has nothing but Killzone on it for the foreseeable future.

I'm incredibly comfortable in my decision, but there is some schadenfreude to be found in seeing the shoe on the other foot. There's been some absolutely desperate rhetoric floating about the PS4 in the last two weeks.

The bit in bold is not the case, unless you can't see very far at all or continue to convince yourself that the F2P, indie and 3rd party multi format titles don't exist.

Come on Moz, this is a bit rich from the guy who's spent the last two months repeatedly saying that he doesn't actually need a next gen console because he'll be playing better versions of everything on PC, and yesterday that he's so skint he can barely afford his bills without a loan, and is still convincing himself to lay down over £350 for a console which has nothing but Killzone on it for the foreseeable future.

I'm incredibly comfortable in my decision, but there is some schadenfreude to be found in seeing the shoe on the other foot. There's been some absolutely desperate rhetoric floating about the PS4 in the last two weeks.

There's really no need for this. I'm six months ahead on my bills despite paying for a wedding this year because I make sound financial choices. Yesterday I made the sound financial decision to further reduce outgoings each month, as directed by my financial advisor.

Furthermore, and getting back on topic and away from misinformed personal attacks, what are you talking about? It's weird how Driveclub has been met with derision and scorn from the Xboners (and indifference to moderate interest from PS4 buyers) yet now that it's been delayed a few short months, it's being suggested that the PS4 has had the legs kicked out from under it. Driveclub wasn't even in the top ten most preordered games for the console, people were simply looking forward to checking out the free version. The PS4 friend finder showed that out of 50 people, about two were going to buy it on launch (I've deleted both versions from the finder now, you'll have to take my word for it! :))

You've got to admit that does read like you're trolling.

You're reading it wrong, then. Point is, discussion of upgrading hard drives appearing in the thread for the machine with an upgradeable hard drive doesn't mean anything. The real problem as I see it is that both machines lack storage, and that owners of both will probably have to shell out for bigger drives or external drives after buying only a few games.

Exhibit A your honour. No more questions.

So, my assertation that most of the exclusives on both platforms look uninspiring (especially to a PC owner) is evidence of what, exactly? I can happily say that Dead Rising looks worlds better than it did in August (repeated complaints about framerate issues following E3, etc) and that Killzone is of more interest to me now that I've seen newer builds and finished Killzone 3 finally. I'll probably double-dip on BF4 as I have friends playing on PC and PS4. NFS: Rivals was totally off my radar until the other day when I watched a few videos of it, and now I think it looks potentially very good.

I'm equally ready to put Sony down for mistakes, and have made jokes at their expense recently about the "Perfect day" ad being funny on account of the delayed driveclub. Plus I've joked with you about "greatness awaits... in 2014". And I was the one who posted the accusations of PS4s being built by unpaid labourers. And I'm always joking about Knack, of course. It's just that besides a few things, they haven't done much to point and laugh at yet.

The bit in bold is not the case, unless you can't see very far at all or continue to convince yourself that the F2P, indie and 3rd party multi format titles don't exist.

I was approaching it from the context of Moz, who by his own admission has either already played or probably will play the majority of that stuff on PC. Considering I work on Macs being able to play stuff like Outlast is one of the biggest selling points of the PS4 for me, but it's not worth it for those alone just yet.

In terms of actual Sony exclusives though, I can't think of anything other than The Order, inFamous and now Driveclub that's due out for ages. Deep Down, maybe.

I was approaching it from the context of Moz, who by his own admission has either already played or probably will play the majority of that stuff on PC. Considering I work on Macs, having stuff like Outlast is one of the biggest selling points of the PS4 for me, but it's not going worth it for those alone just yet.

Ah right, soz. Yeah, if you're predominantly a PC gamer I'm not sure either console is an easily justifiable purchase.

I was approaching it from the context of Moz, who by his own admission has either already played or probably will play the majority of that stuff on PC. Considering I work on Macs being able to play stuff like Outlast is one of the biggest selling points of the PS4 for me, but it's not worth it for those alone just yet.

In terms of actual Sony exclusives though, I can't think of anything other than The Order, inFamous and now Driveclub that's due out for ages. Deep Down, maybe.

Outlast is good, but it's relatively short and probably not as scary as people would lead you to believe. It's fun, though.

So, my assertation that most of the exclusives on both platforms look uninspiring (especially to a PC owner) is evidence of what, exactly?

That you are a spineless bullshitter who acts like a coward when faced with any accusations over your past behaviour or current really weaselly form of narrative laced with a consistent agenda of shitting on any positivity and undermining anyone's enthusiasm over a daft electronic box making you the most reprehensible type of fanboy and a pain in my arse for the last 8 fucking months.

It doesn't read like you're saying that though. It reads very much like you're sneering, attempting to diminish someone's enjoyment of the launch build up.

I'm calmly replying to silly accusations made by someone else, which weren't even true! Like I said, one person said they were going to do something and then decided not to do it. Somehow from that Carl0o0o0os derived "The PS4 has no games".

That you are a spineless bullshitter who acts like a coward when faced with any accusations over your past behaviour or current really weaselly form of narrative laced with a consistent agenda of shitting on any positivity and undermining anyone's enthusiasm over a daft electronic box making you the most reprehensible type of fanboy and a pain in my arse for the last 8 fucking months.

Not this agenda shit again. Look, I'm a Microsoft person. I make my living doing Microsoft shit day-in day-out. I know a lot about Microsoft, I have special interests in their successes and failures. I find them really funny to laugh at but I'm also quick to stick up for them when the accusations get unfair. You can see me doing it in most MS related threads - Windows 8, Surface, Windows phone, etc. You may simply have to accept that you're in the minority at the moment (I'm sure it'll even out) and that people holding criticisms of your "side of the war" by calling things as they see it on a case-by-case basis doesn't amount to an agenda of any sort, just a consistent series of reactions to a consistent series of fuckups and overly bold claims.

Most of my problems with you stem from your conduct, not your opinions. You barrel around threads making a tit of yourself with reactionary, aggressive and unfriendly posts like a child incapable of hearing anything they don't like without having a tantrum. Right now it's all Xbone, but prior to that you were shouty and petulant about anything related to the PC, making threads a misery by repeatedly attacking anyone who didn't post within your narrow field of acceptability. Why so quick to anger? We all share the same hobby here, but you're erecting barriers and making enemies with the way you conduct yourself. We can all have a laugh at Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo, and pick our favourites and have a bit of banter. There's no need to fly off the handle and start telling people to go fuck themselves and so on. Just let it go.

Sorry man, deleted my post before I saw your reply, I can't be bothered to talk about all this he said, she said rubbish now.

I'm sure everyone's got the best of intentions.

Friends.

When can we go back to all laughing at Nintendo?

You guys need it straight! I decided to (reluctantly) have a dabble in the master race markets because of my utter horror at what I saw on the new consoles at the Expo last month.

I admit defeat!!! ... because currently, Trine 2 on the PC is better than the Xbox One and the PS4.. Or well anything ever really. Two player is a joy to behold.

This fucking thing is under 10 pounds! You can even get Trine 1 and 2 for 15 quid.

post-265-0-71916600-1382263567_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-24484700-1382264305_thumb.jpg

You should see it in 3D :o

What's the Wii U version like? I'd imagine it's great?

I think Sony doesn't want a repeat of The Last Guardian, so they seem wary of showing games too far in advance. They'll probably start teasing stuff after the PS4 launch. I think we'll see Uncharted 4 at the VGA's in December, which will probably be their big 2014 holiday title. If they have inFamous, The Order, Driveclub and Uncharted for next year and downloadables like The Witness, Velocity, Galak-Z, Rime, Hohokum etc., you won't be short of stuff to play. It's the launch that is sparse, but inFamous is close at least.

I mean, it's pretty cool that Remedy is working on Quantum Break - it's a game I might buy a One for - but who knows when it's out? Same with that Black Tusk game. They showed a cinematic at E3, but it doesn't even have a title yet.

There is no denying that the One has more games at launch though. How good they are remains to be seen, but the same can be said for KZ, though I liked what I saw of that at Gamecom. I think Moz is a bit too harsh though. I doubt Dead Rising will be as good as Inafune's magnificent first, but it'll probably be a solid game and its framerate is apparently rock solid now. Forza will be good, but as someone who doesn't like sim racers, it's wasted on me. Ryse is beautiful, but we'll have to see if the gameplay is any decent. Killer Instinct looks fantastic I think, it's the coolest platform exclusive for me. Heard nothing but positive impressions from people who played it. Same with Resogun on PS4.

KI, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive could push me towards a One when it's out in Holland next year. Also curious about the Black Tusk game, Halo and the rumors of a Platinum exclusive. Project Spark is interesting as well. And if Devil's Third really moved to the One... oh man.

Sony has lots in the oven too of course. A big new game from Sony Santa Monica (two actually, one led by God of War 2's Corey Barlog), one of which is rumored to be an open world sci-fi IP. Guerrilla has a second team working on a new IP, which is not a shooter. Naughty Dog has two teams, Sony Japan is stil working on The Last Guardian and there are strong rumours of a Demon's Souls 2. Then you have Media Molecule, Giant Sparrow Games, Quantic Dream and Polyphony.

Tldr; both machines will probably have an excellent line-up a year from now and it will boil down to which games appeal to you the most as for what platform to go for. I'll probably end up with both myself when all is said and done.

It's so fucking good it makes me cry flowers from my eyes!

:lol:

There is no denying that the One has more games at launch though. How good they are remains to be seen, but the same can be said for KZ, though I liked what I saw of that at Gamecom. I think Moz is a bit too harsh though. I doubt Dead Rising will be as good as Inafune's magnificent first, but it'll probably be a solid game and its framerate is apparently rock solid now. Forza will be good, but as someone who doesn't like sim racers, it's wasted on me. Ryse is beautiful, but we'll have to see if the gameplay is any decent. Killer Instinct looks fantastic I think, it's the coolest platform exclusive for me. Heard nothing but positive impressions from people who played it. Same with Resogun on PS4.

That was months ago, when it had serious framerate issues. It looks really solid now. I'll get it when I get a Bone sometime next year, though I'm a bit wary as I never get past the first few hours of Dead Rising games.

o/\o

I'll make a sales figures thread in January. Just for fun, no handheld data. We can have bets on how quickly Scott posts the 3ds numbers.

January will simply reflect how many they could manufacture since launch, both platforms will sell out. It'll get really interesting in Q2 next year when supply starts to meet demand.

o/\o

I'll make a sales figures thread in January. Just for fun, no handheld data. We can have bets on how quickly Scott posts the 3ds numbers.

I will, of course, post combined hardware figures ;)

Incidentally, the One definitely has the better launch line up of the two.

Sorry to go on a post marathon but Crytek have confirmed the Ryse trailer is:

"100% in-engine, in-game footage on #XboxOne !"

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyseGame/status/391224425070075906?screen_name=RyseGame

For reference, here's a shot of the PS4 tech demo that everyone was very impressed by:

ibaAMLztBn1oVt.png

Ryse holds up pretty well, especially when you consider it's an actual game. I know we're comparing apples and oranges there but I'm still blown away by Ryse every time I see it, perhaps because of the bad press and "underpowered" talk.

I mean, that's a game. It's a game.

Sorry to go on a post marathon but Crytek have confirmed the Ryse trailer is:

"100% in-engine, in-game footage on #XboxOne !"

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyseGame/status/391224425070075906?screen_name=RyseGame

For reference, here's a shot of the PS4 tech demo that everyone was very impressed by:

ibaAMLztBn1oVt.png

Ryse holds up pretty well, especially when you consider it's an actual game. I know we're comparing apples and oranges there but I'm still blown away by Ryse every time I see it, perhaps because of the bad press and "underpowered" talk.

I mean, that's a game. It's a game.

Yeah, as much as I hate this... I think I'm becoming tempted. I might get Ryse if the reviews aren't totally terrible.