Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Just like Scottr appearing as soon as someone mentions his name there seems to be a weird coincidence on the last page where the old geezer from the Dark Sorcerer demo looks like Victor Meldrew and immediately after that Uncle Mike makes a post.

31181_1_33ff8e70aa.jpg

:lol:

Not to take anything away from Ryse or give any credence to David Cage, but he said this about that tech demo the other day:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dark_sorcerer/news/the_dark_sorcerer_demo_is_the_minimum_quality_you_can_get_on_ps4_says_david_cage_2.html

He's probably talking about EMOTIONS, though.

Once he learns how to make a Game, rather than a wannabe film, I'll be far more interested.

I had a play with Ryse at the Game lock-in the other night. Actually - a good hard critical look at it.

It is very very pretty indeed. But the framerate was all over the place. Nobody could quite figure out how / what to do, and both machine running it, were almost left alone.. And it was up against a single Forza machine, and a couple running Killer Instinct.

It's very reminiscent of a Factor 5 title of old - very big on the tech, and seemingly quite shallow on the game *

*Your mileage may vary here, dependant on how much you want to like it.

I was underwhelmed by it, mostly. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.

Few folk who tried it in front of me were sort of running around the area mostly trying to figure out where to head and the next objective.

it's not terriblle, but it's no system seller to me at least.

I've been trying to decide which box to get - having pre-orders of both - and am off the the PS4 lock in in a week or two, to compare.

Forza though, was very pretty, and that's kinda where I was hoping to be...

Dell seem to think that Windows 8 Apps will run on Bone.

"Consider the game officially changed. With all

your favorite Windows 8 apps able to be run on
and synced to your Xbox One, now your phone,
desktop, tablet and TV can all give you a unified
web and entertainment experience. "

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=xbox-one&dgc=BA&cid=266740&lid=4859195&acd=12309183969294298

"Big deal!" you might be thinking. Until you realise a windows 8 VLC app is coming. It could mean cheap indie games too. If they get released them on the Win8 app store. They might. In the future. Maybe.

"Big deal!" you might be thinking. Until you realise a windows 8 VLC app is coming.

Chances of MS being OK with an app on their closed system that would enable their captive audience to play back a variety of local media undermining their own download media service has to be slim to bugger-all. Both 360 and PS3 were seriously gimped in this regard for exactly that reason and I can't begin to imagine this gen would be any different.

Also please stop with this UN peace keeper style of posting when in the past you were one of the most vehement members of the enemy and continue with this innocent questioning style of downplaying any positivity.

You do know you are posting about a games console. If anyone is taking any console discussion this seriously I suggest stepping outside and getting some perspective. It's a console for gods sake, not world peace!

Ah balls, I think I'm in. Haven't been bothered about getting the Xbox One at all until recently but as soon as somebody posted the other day about Shopto having guaranteed launch day consoles back in stock I've been going back and forth about grabbing one and joining in with the new hardware excitement. Just got to work out what to get with it now.

EDIT: Hmm, that's a bit off. Shopto won't allow me to order the standalone Day One edition with Forza for £429 despite it showing as available. All the expensive bundles go through fine.

Moz, your trolling is embarrassing.

Jesus, it was just a joke because Colinmac said he didn't like it, and I had a mental image of him doing that at the booth. What is it about the bone that makes people so touchy?

At this point, I think we might all be getting a little tired of your innocent-face baiting posts. People are sensitive because 'their' console has had a kicking. Regardless of how sane that is, continually poking them, as you seem to enjoy doing, is pointless.

To be fair I joke in the ps4 thread all the time and there is the same touchiness in there also. People are going to be handing over lots of their hard earned cash and especially so close to launch were people are making their decision to commit after floating over the cancel, buy buttons or fretting over bundles . Not sure what you are expecting really.

Edit - @ Moz