Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Ryse looks like it mainly consists of Assassin's Creed style combat (form an orderly queue chaps and I'll dispatch you one by one) for hours on end. Sure the gfx are good but it seems like a very confined game with shallow mechanics.

If there's more to it, they're doing well to hide it, it's true. But, in case you're not aware, most of the footage we're seeing is coming from the multiplayer horde mode and seemingly the same 3 waves over and over - they've not shown much singleplayer.

The single player trailer strongly hinted towards the use of Roman formations and tactics within large scale battles, we'll have to wait and see if anything actually comes of it though. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just a handful of scripted sequences, 'push up on the right stick to raise shields', etc.

The single player trailer strongly hinted towards the use of Roman formations and tactics within large scale battles, we'll have to wait and see if anything actually comes of it though.

Maybe the historical equivalent of John Madden will pop up and offer tips!

Is there actually any confirmation that a new Gears game is being made? The last one bombed, and I'm not sure there's much interest in the series any more. I'd much rather either Epic or People Can Fly 'do a Remedy' and have a whole new IP for the generation, even if it is essentially Gears re-skinned.

(Admittedly I would have said the same thing about Halo pre-4, but now I'm quite excited to see whatever spectacular vistas 341 are cooking up).

Jesus Kriess !!! (stolen joke, I know, I know)

I really didn't expect that. But in the beginning I had the same reasons for preordering (not the day one edition though) I didn't want to miss out on Forza or the launch day fun.

I did however almost cancel my preorder many many many times but when the 180's came in thick and fast I was sold and mighty glad as i'm actually more excited about the games on Xbox One than PS4 especially now i'm not getting to play Driveclub on the 29th :(

Welcome to the party pal.

Is there any confirmation that a new Gears game is being made? The last one bombed, and I'm not sure there's much interest in the series any more.

I'd much rather Epic/People Can Fly do a Remedy and have a whole new IP for the generation, even if it is essentially Gears re-skinned (apparently The Order fits that bill).

(Admittedly I would have said the same thing about Halo pre-4, but now I'm quite excited to see what spectacular vistas 341 are cooking up).

Nothing about Gears known yet. Epic are working on an "unannounced triple-A shooter" and Fortnite, at the moment. I suspect Fortnite will come to next-gen and the new shooter will be multiplatform. I doubt Microsoft or Sony could dig deep enough to convince Epic that going exclusive is more valuable than getting multiplatform sales and a great advert for UE4 on every platform. I wonder if Valve have been sniffing around in the hope of getting a Linux version too, perhaps.

Jesus Kriess !!! (stolen joke, I know, I know)

I really didn't expect that. But in the beginning I had the same reasons for preordering (not the day one edition though) I didn't want to miss out on Forza or the launch day fun.

I did however almost cancel my preorder many many many times but when the 180's came in thick and fast I was sold and mighty glad as i'm actually more excited about the games on Xbox One than PS4 especially now i'm not getting to play Driveclub on the 29th :(

Welcome to the party pal.

If I was gonna get one eventually, I might as well go all in now, considering I can just about afford it (If I lie to myself convincingly).

Thanks. I hope I didn't just gate crash the party ;)

Haha never upset me - I did mentally do the 'thumbs down' .. after a dramatic pause.

No harm. The beauty of games is that theres something for everyone out there.

It is interesting this gen tho that despite everyone claiming that both platforms have 'incredibly strong' software line ups - there's only a driving game on each machine that's attracting me. Perhaps I'm getting old, but I've been around for *every* console gen launch. Yep, even back to the NES lol !

Personally, I think both are a bit weak - and thats before anything else drops off. ( OOps. There goes Driveclub. ,,,)

Jesus, it was just a joke because Colinmac said he didn't like it, and I had a mental image of him doing that at the booth. What is it about the bone that makes people so touchy?

Substandard imitation.

this post makes me think of haribo as some sort of dave perry games animal type figure. trapped in the early 2000's, still thinking in the same mindset. a brain pondering the return of gamesmaster, with himself as the star attraction. genuinely believing that that crap picture (man with xbox pad infront of crt telly in games room ie: his bedroom) represents a level of hardcore not attained my many. that the games community is waiting for his triumphant return. for years he has slumbered, recently allowed back into the rllmuk community, after being banned for being too hardcore - too real for everyone.

who can this pale imitation be, he mocks with full sincerity. who is this chancer, this pretender to the throne of no1 hardcore xbox gaming legend. maybe its time to venture into the cuboard, behind the xmas lights, into the old boxes, lets bring out the leather jacket, the shades, the xbox 1 duke pad. the people need a hero, they need an update to the legendary photograph of the xbox king. memories stir, emotions rise. why not, this could be the day. still living with his mum, the tv in the loft, the wall posters rolled up and preserved, ready to be blu tacked back into their rightful place. maybe its time for the xbox king to return..

6_Hxqp.jpg

SMD, well said. Although I'm not forgetting the past, the time now has come to look forward to the launches in just over a month and indulge in the next gen.

For me it's been far too long. When the 360 launched I was still working in Gamestation, I can barely remember it ( I walked out after a few months). I do remember, even though I worked there and had friends in Game too around the corner, I could only get a Core machine on launch, and it took me two weeks before I could find a third party VGA lead to get some better resolution out of it. Still, COD2 and Condemned on my old Pioneer projector, 'totes amazeballs' as the yoof may say. This launch should go a lot smoother, I can't wait to join the inevitable 'Out for delivery' thread.

Anyway, I digress. I love console launches!

SMD, well said. Although I'm not forgetting the past, the time now has come to look forward to the launches in just over a month and indulge in the next gen.

For me it's been far too long. When the 360 launched I was still working in Gamestation, I can barely remember it ( I walked out after a few months). I do remember, even though I worked there and had friends in Game too around the corner, I could only get a Core machine on launch, and it took me two weeks before I could find a third party VGA lead to get some better resolution out of it. Still, COD2 and Condemned on my old Pioneer projector, 'totes amazeballs' as the yoof may say. This launch should go a lot smoother, I can't wait to join the inevitable 'Out for delivery' thread.

Anyway, I digress. I love console launches!

When the 360 came out, I thought it was entirely pointless and poor compared to my PS2.

Now I have two and by far the most games for it than any other platform.