IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

I was targeting Angel as it seems game performance important to HIM. This was not a suggestion to everyone.

i like consoles though, i used to spend fortunes building pcs are dicking about with drivers, i once bought a 400 quid gfx card ten years ago, but theres always stupid shit like micro stutter in pc games, half life 2 finished me off with it all when that was released buggy as fuck (stutter) for months.

ixqFu8a5gUtQo.gif

iEdlEczwkYzAF.gif

These were posted on Gaf in an attempt to combat the "shit trees" accusations flying over the Spa footage released. The middle one shows that the real Spa not only has shit trees but a pretty dull sky too.

I am not massive petrol head and racing games like Forza and Gran Turismo do not interest me much. But I do love looking and first person footage and said games and that first gif looks glorious. The second one however looks awful. Nothing to do with technicalities such as textures and reflections; it is the point of view. Playing any racing game with an "3rd person" camera angle is sacrilegious.

The first one can sell me an Xbox One.

The second one will ask me for a refund.

This is the worst rllmuk thread I've read in a long time.

I'm out. There's a minority here actually excited and it's getting drilled into the ground by people who clearly don't give a shit, can't afford it or are just plain depressed - posting because they're sad about something else.

Fuck y'all, hopefully this picks up on launch day.

Wavingsmiley.gif

Well this is mental.

i like consoles though, i used to spend fortunes building pcs are dicking about with drivers, i once bought a 400 quid gfx card ten years ago, but theres always stupid shit like micro stutter in pc games, half life 2 finished me off with it all when that was released buggy as fuck (stutter) for months.

Tell me about it, this stupid GPU cost me 2k and it takes 10hrs to install drivers for every time I wanna play. Hmmm okay.

Anyway back on topic...

I thought 360 controllers weren't supposed to work on the Xbox One? There's a picture on EvilGaf of a guy bringing his own and using an Xbox 360 MAS Arcade Stick on one of those tour events plugged in and he's using it to play Killer Instinct.

Seriously can the PC elites just shut the F' up. Choosing between two consoles where you can just buy the box, plug it into your TV and buy and sell discs from a local shop is miles away from building a machine, installing an OS, and fiddling with settings etc. Yes we are on a games forum but still, it really isn't the same. Also, how's those console exclusives working out? Finished GTAV yet either on your uber-PC?

I love the idea of PC gaming but it's just not for everyone. Leave that shit in some other thread.

But Angel just declared himself as someone who cares about resolution. He ain't casual with a life beyond gaming like the likes of wahwah by his own admission.

I find it kind of funny as he keeps using words like up-port etc. The kind of stuff you hear spotty 16 year olds say when they have not one clue about software and how it's written.

I thought 360 controllers weren't supposed to work on the Xbox One? There's a picture on EvilGaf of a guy bringing his own and using an Xbox 360 MAS Arcade Stick on one of those tour events plugged in and he's using it to play Killer Instinct.

Wireless stuff won't work as they're using a different protocol this time.

I take it you're referring to this photo? I'd say it's a reason to be hopeful that USB peripherals might still work — perhaps on a case by case basis, hence no promises of compatibility — but I also think it's far from conclusive. For instance debug hardware might have allowed the use of wired 360 controllers for development purposes. I doubt we'll have a final answer of which peripherals will work on either system until someone has retail units with the day one updates installed.

Wireless stuff won't work as they're using a different protocol this time.

I take it you're referring to this photo? I'd say it's a reason to be hopeful that USB peripherals might still work — perhaps on a case by case basis, hence no promises of compatibility — but I also think it's far from conclusive. For instance debug hardware might have allowed the use of wired 360 controllers for development purposes. I doubt we'll have a final answer of which peripherals will work on either system until someone has retail units with the day one updates installed.

I would love it if they make the Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor compatible with the Xbone so you can use your 360 controllers on it. But, it would just mean less peripherals sold as people wouldn't buy 3 extra pads for 4 player, they'd just buy the wireless adaptor instead.

Ah, you mean "I've not used either and I'll ignore everyone saying the PS4 pad is better".

When you say everyone, you mean all those people on here who haven't used either yet chime in whenever someone says the Xbox One controller feels fantastic to tell them it's actually garbage.

I've used both, they're both great. Edge said the Xbox had the better controller but once again, that's one persons/groups opinion.

Ryse, Forza, Kinect jetski thing.

It was the usual bollocks - poorly calibrated screens with all the wrong contrast/brightness/colour/aspect settings and not enough space given you to sit far enough back from the screen for everything not to look like shit.

My friend was shocked at the lack of graphical difference in BF4. Not a final version I imagine so perhaps it does look better. To my eyes it looked rough as fuck up close I hope to god textures are going to be much better this gen.

Ryse was the best looking games although again it could hardly shine given the telly settings. Some of the text was cut off a the top, so sloppy.

Everything seemed very, well, launch title and didnt look massively massively different on an actual TV. A sense of malaise settled over me looking at the same old shit.

My friend vocalised it "same old shit on a different console".

Ah, I dunno.

Fuck me these latest impressions make sobering reading. The vids I've seen of most Bone and PS4 games do look like a step up, and some, like BF4 single player and Killzone, do look genuinely great, maybe it really is the set up/ viewing distance of these demo pods that's buggering it up? Hmm.

I was at the Xbox One Tour event in Shoreditch last night.

First impressions of the pad match those of Elmo. The pad feels like a step backwards, although only a slight one.

As Elmo noted you can feel the material shifting under your hands. It feels light and cheap, or at least cheaper than the expensive solid feel of the 360 pad.

Perhaps these are not final production models? I don't know.

They've changed the positioning of the sticks; they feel like they're further left and I don't like the change. My friend felt that the stick pads (At the part you touch) were smaller in diameter and he didn't like this.

The triggers feel softer and cheaper as well.

I've got more to say but overall the event was extremely underwhelming. Battlefield 4 looked like COD graphically. If you'd said it was a 360 game I would have believed you.

what about the stick tension, are they slacker

Sticks felt a bit softer yeah.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think it's just a perception thing. I can see how some people will be amazed and how some won't be. It depends what you expect and what impresses you. For example, I'm a frame rate whore but we've had 60fps games for years so that's not a difference really. Not being a pc guy, I've never thought much about resolution but I was surprised by how much difference 1080 makes. To me it was genuinely like when I first saw the 360 and stuff at 720 compared to previous gen. I found 1080 over 720 to be a much bigger difference than I'd expected.

That said, whilst the resolution jump looked big to me the (assets?) essentially looked the same in terms of what is being displayed at that higher res. Like a current gen game on high res which, I guess, is what pc games are like.

I should qualify all this by saying I haven't seen anything better than current gen stuff before, nothing on pc or anything so you could say I should be more impressed than someone who has or you could argue that I don't know what I'm looking at. Either is true.

If, like me you only play console games then I think you will be impressed but not wowed and it'll be a slower process than you might expect. I'd say after a week or so of next gen, going back, you'll notice things look worse rather than noticing how next gen is better if that makes sense. When I played fifa on ps4 I could see it was better but I didn't really appreciate it at the time, only when I went home and played the 360 version did I think "ok, I guess this does look noticeably worse".

My friend doesn't play PC games.