IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

All of US & Europe's best players seemed to do alright on it during the recent Xbox One Battlefield 4 livestream event. By all accounts the sticks are a little looser than the 360 pad but certainly not wobbling all around the shop like a Dual Shock 3.

Yeah, there's a difference between 'loose' and 'a bit looser'. Some people sound like they're expecting the sticks to fall out if you hold the pad upside down.

Why are people saying they are receiving shipping notices and tracking numbers from ShopTo? It makes me sad. I pre-ordered as soon as it became available and pre paid, and mine is still sitting at "Processing". I don't doubt it'll arrive by launch, but I'd hope it would be like every other release that I've ordered and arrived the day before...Especially as I have 2 weddings to go to on 22nd and 23rd. :(

As strange as it may seem, I have seen people struggle with the stiffness of 360 sticks. They either completely over-shoot their aim or barely move it at all.

I haven't tried the pad yet but I could see the appeal of looser sticks for fast aiming, if they're highly accurate.

Why are people saying they are receiving shipping notices and tracking numbers from ShopTo? It makes me sad. I pre-ordered as soon as it became available and pre paid, and mine is still sitting at "Processing". I don't doubt it'll arrive by launch, but I'd hope it would be like every other release that I've ordered and arrived the day before...Especially as I have 2 weddings to go to on 22nd and 23rd. :(

Probably because you've already paid. Everyone else who hadn't are getting locked in now.

The shipping notices specifically say that orders have been packed and processed for dispatch on Thursday for a Friday delivery, I'm afraid.

The same way it does now, I'd guess.

Have you used one yet Angel?

Not used either next gen pad yet, but spent a bit of time with various current gen sticks trying to find a suitable one. My ideal was the onza with tightness turned up full, you could make very minor adjustments but still retain a wide turning circle if need be. Sadly their build quality is total shit, they all stop working.

Damn, now I'm even started to become interested in Ryse even though it has 6/10 written all over it....

Realistically Forza and DR3 are more than enough for me as I'm going to be away from the 25th right through to the end of December but launch day excitement is in danger of taking me down...

I am reasonably certain that DR3 will score more highly than Ryse. I'm getting both.

With DR3 I'm curious to see how the much larger areas impact on the atmosphere and tightness of gameplay, we've seen the 10 minute looped demo which is already seeded with plans for new weapons etc but so far little of the campaign itself. I seem to recall there was an option to play under time constraints or more casually.

Totally hyped here for a week of news, reviews and general excitement.

From twitter, according to polygon, these are the times when the reviews should start to appear:

@aegies: review embargoes for killer instinct, zoo tycoon, dead rising 3, lococycle and crimson dragon are up monday morning at 6am PT.

@aegies: forza 5's embargo is up on 11/20 at 6am PT, ryse is at 11/21 at 3am PT. our xbox one review will be live tuesday night at 9pm PT.

That should mean by midday(GMT) on Thursday those making a decision on Ryse will have the info they want.

As I said a couple of pages back, they were useless with informing me of taking payment early. I had to phone and check. They manage to send me endless spam emails, but nothing informative.

My order now says complete with them, but I've had no acknowledgement from them at all other than whatever they said to me on the phone. No offence to people who ordered more recently, but you'd think it would be first come first served when it came to sending out emails, tracking numbers etc etc. People here seem to love shopto, but based on this experience, when I ordered, the amount of money etc, I have to say I think they are total shit. But I'm going off-topic here.

Thanks to all that have added me ready for Xbox One launch (CovisGodTK08) I've accepted all that have added me so far and will continue to accept anyone that adds me, only had about 20 friends on 360 so I'm hoping to get a few more to play with this time round :)

From twitter, according to polygon, these are the times when the reviews should start to appear:

@aegies: review embargoes for killer instinct, zoo tycoon, dead rising 3, lococycle and crimson dragon are up monday morning at 6am PT.

@aegies: forza 5's embargo is up on 11/20 at 6am PT, ryse is at 11/21 at 3am PT. our xbox one review will be live tuesday night at 9pm PT.

That should mean by midday(GMT) on Thursday those making a decision on Ryse will have the info they want.

Fucking stupid!!! Just as well Ryse cost me £14.99 in case it's crap, which I really hope it isn't.

Just made the trip into town to pay my Xbox off, only to find that Game aren't accepting funds from those wanting to skip the queue on Thursday night until Wednesday.

I assumed they'd be taking funds from the time they'd been advertising the opportunity to do so. I assume that means they're physically checking people's purchases at the time of payment and that local stores don't have their stock yet.

Just made the trip into town to pay my Xbox off, only to find that Game aren't accepting funds from those wanting to skip the queue on Thursday night until Wednesday.

I assumed they'd be taking funds from the time they'd been advertising the opportunity to do so. I assume that means they're physically checking people's purchases at the time of payment and that local stores don't have their stock yet.

They've got some stock in, mine has the consoles and some games/accessories in. I assume its a company wide thing to help stores that dont have much space (and you'd be surprised how little space some have) as having 300+ bundles (like my old store are expecting) organised for people to pick up easily is going to take up a fair bit, and stockroom space is at a premium over this period. I went in a few days ago and reserved the games I wanted, they did warn me that they had less play and charge kits than consoles, but they had a sheet per customer with what each wanted, then a tally sheet for everything, so I assume that people coming after me would be out of luck if they do run out of what I wanted. He did pretty much say that when I paid, they'd physically put the stuff to one side for me as well. I guess doing it the days before helps with that as well, as they'll have everything in by then, so no chance of someone coming in after something and having to risk taking money and not getting enough. Having worked through pretty much most the major console launches there up to the 360, we never knew the exact numbers for everything till the stuff came in, so in that respect it's safer, if more of a pain in the arse (I would have paid the other day if possible as well).

I also suspect that it's to make the figures for those days and that week look super awesome.

It's obvious that the marketing buget for the next month or two must be ginormous, ads everywhere, and launch events planned in all tier 1 territories. I only hope someone on the technical side has the common sense to estimate max server demand and then spend a few bucks (relatively speaking) to double it just to be on the safe side.