IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Mines arrived. I'm in London. It's in Canary Wharf. I get bak at 9.30 tonight :(

Yes, the Isle of Dogs is truly Another Country!

In other news, Virgin have delivered my new set top box so I will have something to connect to the HDMI in.

I will need to ATF re audio coz it seems confusing. The VGA was so simple.

Well my day one came to an abrupt end.

Set the console up, did the update, played around with the voice controls for a bit, scanned my day one achievement then I put Forza in.....

A renching like nothing I've ever heard before came from inside the console, it sounded like the machine was crushing the disc from the inside., a message popped up saying disc not recognized. Pressed eject and it came out fine, tried a Blu Ray, same occurred.

Rang up Microsoft support, what followed next was a two hour exchange in which he couldn't find my details, my console serial didn't exisist, neither did my Gamertag. I had to set up a new account, I was told Id have to give the card details of another card with the available funds of the price of the console and they would freeze the cash until I had sent them back the console. In the mean time they would send a new console which may or may not be the same as the day one edition I had pre-ordered and this could take UP TO FIVE DAYS TO ARRIVE. I took a couple of days off for launch and will be well back at work by the time it arrives. To be fair to the Irish bloke I spoke to, he didn't have a clue but he tried his best. To say I'm gutted after all the build up and excitement is an understatement.

Launch Day Ruined.

:(

I feel for you.

Ah, have fun you lucky things. Brings back great memories of the 360 launch, playing PGR3 and PDZ with friendly like minded people. Everyone chatting away and having fun. Games being competitive but almost gentlemanly.

Is it like this again? Tell me it's like this again.

My mate's xbone from Shopto has a faulty disc drive. :S

What's the score with faulty xbones? Will they pick up the faulty unit and give a new one, or will they test it and then send a new one?

Wounded for him.

My machine is running fine. No noisy fans, no mangled disc drives, Kinect can even recognise my Brummy accent

Don't know how to unclip the mic from the bottom of the pad though. :S

Edit

Just spoke to my mate, they will pick up his machine on Monday and they have processed a new xbone to be delivered to him on Wednesday once they've checked the fault. Shopto also said he should contact MS for compensation. The guys at Shopto seem to know what his problem was straight away, seems like they've had plenty of calls.

Kind of glad that I bought mine on instore.

Edit 2

No way Covis. :( Exact same story as my mate, played around for a while, put Forza in and it started eating up his disc. There was no scratches on the disc though.

Launch Day Ruined.

Oh man, so sorry. I would practically puke with disappointment. might be better chasing the retailer for a return, are you not supposed to go through them first anyway as point of sale?

Mine are crazy about Mario so I showed them loads of Mario 3D World trailers and gameplay vids to get them stoked.

Oh yeah, they love Mario. They won't even care what the hell the machine is the discs go into, as long as it is Mario on the TV. And the gamepad wlll delight them!

Description Location Date Time
Parcel delivered Basildon home delivery 22nd Nov 2013 12:46
Parcel received by local delivery courier Basildon home delivery 22nd Nov 2013 10:44
Parcel out for delivery Basildon home delivery 22nd Nov 2013 08:10
Parcel received at service centre Basildon 22nd Nov 2013 01:03
Despatched from service centre Wednesbury hub 21st Nov 2013 17:33
Parcel received at service centre Wednesbury hub 21st Nov 2013 17:29

Very.co.uk order safely delivered. just got to finish work now. Going to be a loooong afternoon.

Launch Day Ruined.

:(

That's rotten, I hope things get sorted for you as soon as possible. Whilst it's slim consolation, it doesn't sound like you're alone experiencing problems with your disc drive. Was it anything like this:

or

Sounds like launch consoles are experiencing some issues with disc drives. The perils of early adoption I guess, but yeah, I really feel for you, as I can only imagine how gutted I'd be in your position.

Not to add to the bad news, my brother just phoned me and said his disk drive is broken. He's been playing FIFA as a download but when he out in dead rising the drive made a horrible noise and said there was no disk present.

Sounds like there is a problem with some drives.