IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Sorry to hear of the drive woes for those unlucky few, hope it gets sorted quickly.

But most of all, I'm sorry to hear that the next gen still has un-fucking-skippable cut-fucking-scenes. And now they're worse than ever, because they feature Jeremy fucking-scrotum-face Clarkson doing his "I'm saying this bit in a slightly-rising tone of voice that's a little bit sarcastic... and now I'm finishing the sentence by going deeper and louder" voice. What a cunt. Nevermind microtransactions, what about the unskippable Clarksons?! That's the real scandal.

If they have any.

I worked retail for several console launches. Not once did we have more come in than were preordered.

Yeah, i dont feel good for people getting this crap...especially when theyre the exact ones sticking by Microsoft. Im disgusted the MS store is posting people's consoles to arrive on Monday too....the very people who should be making damned sure its there day one. I was really optimistic of build quality this gen..i thought surely, they won't blow it this time.

Think mine's fucked out of the box? Starts up and sits there with a fucking big xbox pad onscreen and the xbox symbol flashing, but I can't seem to get the pad to synch with the machine. Doesn't help that there is zero documentation of course :/ Am I missing something silly?

I'm in the same boat. Going to pick up another pad just to eliminate that first because I truly can't be bothered packing everything up and trudging back to game. Is there an obvious way to tell if the pad is getting power? The lack of a light up X not helpful.

You can watch your front door from the window of the pub. I hate you.

Ha, yeah. One of the advantages of village life, I guess. The flip side of my rural idyll, though, is that I'm going to have to try to squeeze all my day one updates and downloads through a measly 3mb broadband connection. I might conceivably be playing a game by midnight if I'm lucky.

Also:

Tom is currently making delivery number 118. You are delivery number 124.

Tom is approximately 15 minutes away from you.

Come on Tom, you sexy, beautiful bastard. You're on the home stretch now!

I'm in the same boat. Going to pick up another pad just to eliminate that first because I truly can't be bothered packing everything up and trudging back to game. Is there an obvious way to tell if the pad is getting power? The lack of a light up X not helpful.

I didn't have to synch my pad. Just held down the big X and it all worked. The X def lights up.

I didn't have to synch my pad. Just held down the big X and it all worked. The X def lights up.

There is an orange light on the top of the USB cable connector when it's plugged into my pad.

Tom is currently making delivery number 118. You are delivery number 124.
Tom is approximately 15 minutes away from you.

Tom is currently sick to the balls of carrying xboxes around all day.

Tom is approximately 17 minutes away from you.

Tom is approximately 21 minutes away from you.

Tom is approximately 30 minutes away from you.

Tom is approximately 60 minutes away from you.

Tom's whereabouts are currently unknown.

Lee has been assigned to your delivery.

Lee is currently making delivery number 71. You are delivery number 184.

Lee is approximately 7 hours away from you.

Dodgy Blu-Ray drives do seem to be cropping up as the main fault in reported defective units.. :(

Looking at some disassembly pictures various sites have done, they just seem to be standard SATA Liteon Blu-Ray drives... must be a dodgy batch?

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Xbox+One+Teardown/19718

I would hope for Microsoft's sake they aren't, it didn't exactly help their defense systems by using off-the-shelf DVD-ROM drives on the X360. With the phone home down too, would seem way too obvious a loophole waiting to be exploited.

PS4 firmware update failures and HDMI socket failures, X1 drive failures, seems like another typical console launch. All previous Sony consoles primarily suffered from optical drive failures, until YLOD anyway.