IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

All you broke drive folks, dont bother with MS..take it to the shop..seriously. They have to swap.

My brother tried, GAME said they had no stock. He spent an hour on the phone with MS and they are sending a new one on Wednesday next week.

What's odd is they have taken his credit card details.

Yeah, i dont feel good for people getting this crap...especially when theyre the exact ones sticking by Microsoft. Im disgusted the MS store is posting people's consoles to arrive on Monday too....the very people who should be making damned sure its there day one. I was really optimistic of build quality this gen..i thought surely, they won't blow it this time.

Its off the shelf pc parts, will have the same failure rate as it does in a pc - i suspect the failure rate is similar to kettles, i bet somewhere in a kettle forum they are in uproar as the preorders are rolling in for the latest breville and some are DOA :(

Are they sending it before they take the old one back?

They are with mine, sending out a new one, then I have 14 days to send the broken one back, thus holding the funds in your account. Luckily I've got a mum with a big overdraft or I'd be fucked. Seen people on twitter that they've said they couldn't help because there skint :(

They are with mine, sending out a new one, then I have 14 days to send the broken one back, thus holding the funds in your account. Luckily I've got a mum with a big overdraft or I'd be fucked. Seen people on twitter that they've said they couldn't help because there skint :(

Any downloadable games you can play?

Some credit on the account from MS would be good customer service!

That's hopeless customer service and terrible PR. Just takes 1 person to tell that to a newpaper or BBC watchdog and MS have negative stories where they look terrible.

Can you be signed into Live on the XB1 and 360 at the same time? I have Ryse and DR3 on disc which, by the sounds of things, will take at least a couple of hours to install..? Would be nice to play GTA online while I wait.

Can you be signed into Live on the XB1 and 360 at the same time? I have Ryse and DR3 on disc which, by the sounds of things, will take at least a couple of hours to install..? Would be nice to play GTA online while I wait.

I think you can yeah.

EDIT - From here

You’ll be able to bring your Gamertag from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One, just like you could bring it from the Xbox to the Xbox 360. But your Xbox Live profile is much more fluid now. Signing into your Microsoft account associated with your Gamertag will show your profile whether it’s for games on Xbox One or Xbox 360. The same profile will work on both consoles. You can also be simultaneously logged-in on an Xbox One and an Xbox 360 using the same Xbox Live account.

You can freely roam across any number of Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles in your home, but you can’t sign into two Xbox One consoles or two Xbox 360 consoles at the same time using the same profile. And no, you can’t chat or play cooperatively or against your profile in the same game online with the two different consoles. Because Xbox One and the new services of Xbox Live were designed to power next generation experiences, they’re not compatible with Xbox 360. This means chat and cross-generation multiplayer will not be available. However, you can send text messages between Xbox Live members on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

A few impressions after a couple of hours:

Like:

Killer Instinct - feels nice and weighty, looks great and helps that Jago basically has Ryu move set. Training is actually useful

The pad - Seen a few complaints that it feels cheap, but I think it feels really nice, like an upmarket 360 pad.

The console - Much nicer looking in the flesh, love the little white light, and mine is virtually silent. The power brick is also very small.

Kinect sports rival demo - Kinect controls work surprisingly well. Steer with arms, lean round corners and squeeze the throttle.

Dont like:

Having to wait to install games. So sloooooooow.

To be honest I know I should be more arsey but I'm more upset than anything else, I just want my bloody xbox ! Booked a few days off work and am sat here starting at the wall. They haven't even sent me a confirmation email or something telling me roughly when I'll receive it. I rang back up to make sure everything went through ok because the more I thought about it the dodgier it seemed, couldn't find my account details, took my credit card details, you'll hear from us at some point in the future via email, end of call. I've been given a reference number now but heard nowt else. I've just received about 10 twitter messages saying "how are you getting one in 5 days, we've been told 3 weeks". Bloody Microsoft, I'm as loyal as they come had Xbox, 360 and now XBO and I've never done anything but sing there praises. Feel really put out by all this.

Mines arrived!

First impressions are the console feels a but cheap - the plastic is chipped by the drive and the the matt surround is a bit wobbly.

The pad is great though, not cheap at all. It's got a good weight to it and the rumble triggers are fantastic.

My first impressions...

Cod took ages to install. It looks like. 360 game on the whole.

The UI is slick, if not basic, which is to be expected. Snapping etc is a little confusing (to me) though. What does the old select button do?

The pad is excellent. The d pad utterly lovely, as are the triggers.

Images on the dash aren't loading for me, no idea why.

I want to plus my sky box into it, but with a decent 5.1 system, I'm not sure how it would fare. Or even what route I would take (av out into xbox? Sky into xbox into av receiver? Who knows!). I think this will confuse a lot of people, as it has done me.

Voice commands require learning, rather than being intuitive a la Siri.

I cannot wait for second and third gen games, as it's clearly a beast. Very much looking forward to forms installing. It downloaded super quick, but installing is taking bloody ages. Then onto kinect sports, and the other freebies.

I think. The console itself is very nice. It blends in well with other av hardware, and isn't imposing. I even had an av unit built to spec to accommodate the new consoles :)

It's a good time to be a gamer, because there is so much more to come.

It's a non clicker. Thank goodness I bought a Blu ray disc yesterday.

Mines arrived!

First impressions are the console feels a but cheap - the plastic is chipped by the drive and the the matt surround is a bit wobbly.

The pad is great though, not cheap at all. It's got a good weight to it and the rumble triggers are fantastic.

I thought the packaging was pretty good. The pad is 11g heavier than the 360 with the same batteries, fact fans.

That's hopeless customer service and terrible PR. Just takes 1 person to tell that to a newpaper or BBC watchdog and MS have negative stories where they look terrible.

Especially as Sony are instantly swapping out broken PS4's in the USA, they are even sending round a courier with a new machine! MS should simply match the customer support of the competition, otherwise they look silly.

I'm in the same boat. Going to pick up another pad just to eliminate that first because I truly can't be bothered packing everything up and trudging back to game. Is there an obvious way to tell if the pad is getting power? The lack of a light up X not helpful.

Honestly, not taking the piss here, are you sure you have the batteries in the correct way round, if you look at the flat silver metal connectors it has a '+ & -' on it, pretty tucked away. They don't go in the obvious way round.