IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

I finding watching TV through the xbox a massive pain in the arse. Virgin box (remind me to cancel) keeps locking up or I get a black screen or no sound every now and then. Any solutions?

Having similar issues with a Virgin Samsung v+ box. If I change the power setting to power saving then switch off and on again it works.

Fucking fuck fuck. Just went to pick up Xbox One from the guy who bought it for us. Hasn't been delivered yet. Checked tracking number. Says they tried at 11am but nobody was in (which he wasn't) and that they hadn't been asked to leave it with a neighbour (which they fucking had, because he knew he'd be at work). So now it's back at the depot. Gaaaaaah. Was stocked up on beers and looking forward to killing zombies all night. This is currently me:

I finding watching TV through the xbox a massive pain in the arse. Virgin box (remind me to cancel) keeps locking up or I get a black screen or no sound every now and then. Any solutions?

Is it a Tivo box or a regular V+ box? I've got my Tivo going through it and it's working beautifully, no probs so far.

I have that also, no images, can't set my colour or gamerpics. Tried signing in and out of live a few times, no joy yet.

I have that also, no images, can't set my colour or gamerpics. Tried signing in and out of live a few times, no joy yet.

Ok sorted this out, I have a BT HomeHub router, for some reason when ever you add a new device you need to accept a setting on a web page, so to sort it, open up IE on the Xbone the BT home hub will be displayed, click select, then all the gamerpics etc will load up on the dash.

Wowzers, I'm so impressed with this.

It was nice to start hearing some positive reports coming in with regards to the speediness of the interface and switching/multitasking, but I was sceptical until tonight. The few hours I've had with the machine this evening have been really really positive, from the simple setup to the responsiveness of Kinect. And that's before I've even had a decent play of anything! Great stuff.

It is indeed, very impressed so far ( and that's even without any decent sound). Everything seems different somehow, no more looking at splash screens and standard starting menus, suddenly you are just in a game, no fussing.

The TV calibration tool is also very useful.

Kinect is so odd, seeing your place from the opposite perspective.

Forza, fab, racing against the likes of Anaardvark and the Good Major

And Ryse isn't a cakewalk.

Apparently this code gives you £20 off Xbox One and PS4 games at Currys:

Curxboxone20

I have a strong feeling they won't be honouring that once they realise that the internet has got a hold of the code, once applied it says; Offer of £20 due to delay with Xbox. So I'm guessing they messed up the delivery of launch day XB1's and/or took too many pre-orders and this voucher code is compensation for those who were affected. Thus they won't have to honour it if you didn't have an Xbox One on order from them.

No idea if that's true or not just tweaking the ol' Poirot stache :D

I have a strong feeling they won't be honouring that once they realise that the internet has got a hold of the code, once applied it says; Offer of £20 due to delay with Xbox. So I'm guessing they messed up the delivery of launch day XB1's and/or took too many pre-orders and this voucher code is compensation for those who were affected. Thus they won't have to honour it if you didn't have an Xbox One on order from them.

No idea if that's true or not just tweaking the ol' Poirot stache :D

That's a big possibility but orders seem to have gone through so here's hoping?

Ok sorted this out, I have a BT HomeHub router, for some reason when ever you add a new device you need to accept a setting on a web page, so to sort it, open up IE on the Xbone the BT home hub will be displayed, click select, then all the gamerpics etc will load up on the dash.

That's better, thanks.