IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Turned the Xbox on yesterday and got a notification that FIFA 14 was ready to launch, I thought it was a bit weird as I had installed FIFA ages ago and had played it as well. Then, later on in the day I pop on to FIFA and I'm able to get into some online games. Turns out there was a patch, and the Xbox One downloaded and applied the patch all whilst in standby mode. Hopefully this means no more booting up Battlefield and being met with a "THERE IS A BAJILLION GB UPDATE TO BE INSTALLED" screen.

Background downloading and patching, all in standby mode. Fantastic! I bloody well love this console (even though there's still a tonne of shit they need to fix). If they can get the friend/party system sorted, and bring back the "previous played with" list then I'll love it even more.

You know the ps3 does this right?

No the PS3 switches itself into full power mode at a designated time then downloads within the 2 hour window. I'm not sure what happens if it hasn't finished the downloads in time (i.e stops & switches itself off or keeps going).

The only other consoles I'm aware of that currently do this are the steadily improving wiiU and possibly the ps4.

No Peggle2 for me till Thursday - hope to see some scores to aim for by the time I get on it.

No the PS3 switches itself into full power mode at a designated time then downloads within the 2 hour window. I'm not sure what happens if it hasn't finished the downloads in time (i.e stops & switches itself off or keeps going).

The only other consoles I'm aware of that currently do this are the steadily improving wiiU and possibly the ps4.

No Peggle2 for me till Thursday - hope to see some scores to aim for by the time I get on it.

PS4 does do it as well. I leave both it and the X1 on standby all the time. Previous consoles I always powered right off when I was done.

Wasn't it only a feature for PSN+? And didn't you have to set the PS3 to turn on at specific times to download/install the patches? From my understanding, it's now available for all on the Xbox One and the PS4. As long as it works for Battlefield patches, I don't care how old the feature is. It's amazing, and it seems to have been implemented really well on both new consoles.

I know the Wii used to do it, but that giant blue blinking light fooled me several times. "Ooooo, there must be an update. Let me turn it on and see what's... Oh ffs, it's just a stupid message."

Well I just disconnected my TV from my Xbox One. I didn't enjoy having to shout Xbox On, Xbox Watch TV and then a poor video signal and less than perfect picture through the X1 not to mention just having it switched on simply to watch TV. I don't think it offered me anything to warrant the console being on.

Do many of you guys run your TV through your X1?

I do. I thought the whole voice thing might get tedious, but I actually quite like walking into the room and saying (I've never had to shout) 'xbox on' and having it all on by the time I get to the sofa. For an irritable, impatient bastard like me, it's a big plus. And I like being able to switch over to a game during the ad breaks. And the picture quality seems the same to me. My TV is only 32" though, which might have something to do with that.

To this day Alan Wake can still look incredible. I'm trying to keep QB low on my radar as I'd rather go in with very little knowledge of it.

I'd kill for a GOTY type Alan Wake on the XB1 in 1080p/60 with the main game, the 2 DLC packs and the XBLA title all rammed together.

seems someone called charliemouse is neg-stalking you Travolta.

Is there a FAQ or guide anywhere regarding setting up main accounts so as to share digital purchases?

I think someone from here may have put one together, although it's not on the front page and it probably should be.

It's fairly simple really. If you and me were doing it, you would either come round and log in as yourself on my console and then set my console to be your home console in the profile settings. Of course, if you trust the person enough then you just give them your password and have them do it. Then I would do the same and set your console as my home xbox.

That's it, super easy and shared games. You won't need to sign into their account again as anything they buy will just appear in your Games and Apps feed as ready to install.

Paypal charged me £7.56 for US Peggle 2 for those that are interested.

I love the idea of a bunch of these 1080p 60fps last gen games coming out. Far Cry 3 please

Oddly the release schedules for X1 and PS4 don't look too bad at all but yes, I'd love see to certain last gen games 1080p & 60fps up'd. Far Cry 3 is a perfect example but you could also add Metro Last Light, State of Decay and Dishonored as they all had superior PC versions. Well, I'm guessing PC State of Decay is an improvement.

I think he's probably laughing now because he's £430 up because Cex gave him a free one in addition to getting a refund from eBay. Being an idiot pays.

The outrage on twitter over this is absolutely out-of-this-world mental.