IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

It seems my own AC4 woes may be the same 99 friends problem affecting PS4 users. Still heard nothing from Ubi support - time for a nice public tweet.

http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-4-black-flag-drm-glitch-plaguing-ps4-and-xbox-one

I've got 91 friends and the issue got worse for me today.

I could log into uPlay on its own, but not in-game. But now I can't even log into uplay. Ubisoft want me to now try deleting the game (got the digital version) and then reinstalling it. I love how they are so matter of fact about deleting and re-downloading a 20GB game :/

If that doesn't work they want me to create a new uplay account, but then I think I'd lose all the uplay points I'd accumulated. All a bit of fuck up really, and they are being pretty neglectful on their forums when people ask for help. Not impressed at all.

The morning ritual...

"XBOX play peggle 2"

"XBOX Bing.. (insert my shocking taste in music here)

"Play top songs"

"XBOX switch"

20 minutes later after coffee slurped...

"XBOX turn off"

Then walk out the front door continuing to listen to music on the Xbox music app on my phone. They've fucking got me haven't they... I'm an "Xbot" :facepalm:

Edited for tapatalk badness

Then I turned my TV on and realised that the Xbox One was updating. I'm disappointed that this doesn't happen in the background, but at least it seems as though the update had already been downloaded.

To be fair it sounds like you interrupted it while it was updating, hence why kinect wouldn't work.. :P

The morning ritual...

"XBOX play peggle 2"

"XBOX Bing.. (insert my shocking taste in music here)

"Play top songs"

"XBOX switch"

20 minutes later after coffee slurped...

"XBOX turn off"

Then walk out the front door continuing to listen to music on the Xbox music app on my phone. They've fucking got me haven't they... I'm an "Xbot" :facepalm:

Edited for tapatalk badness

I was just coming in here to post that I got in from work and said

"Xbox On"

"Xbox Bing The Muppets"

"Muppet Christmas Carol"

"Netflix"

"Play"

All my devices on and I'm watching a great film without ever touching a remote or controller. Still we must be Xbots because obviously the NSA spycam and voice commands are utter gash that will bring ruin to Microsoft and gaming.

I was just coming in here to post that I got in from work and said"Xbox On""Xbox Bing The Muppets""Muppet Christmas Carol""Netflix""Play"All my devices on and I'm watching a great film without ever touching a remote or controller. Still we must be Xbots because obviously the NSA spycam and voice commands are utter gash that will bring ruin to Microsoft and gaming.

I must have tried this twenty times and couldn't get it to work :(

I had 2 weird things after the update...

Firstly I selected to play Dead Rising 3 and it asked me if I wanted to go to the store or cancel my selection despite the disk being in the drive (ejecting the disk and putting it back in sorted that).

Secondly, I went to play Fifa 14 and it asked me to press A on the title screen but didn't register that I was pressing it so stuck there (going home and opening it back up sorted that).

"Kinect and voice commands for this title are not supported in your locale. Please use an Xbox one controller to play peggle2"

Basically they think I'm Dutch or something? Sounds like you're getting the same message.

Peggle2 just dashboard crashed whilst I was winning online - fucking annoying.

If I'm in the middle of a game and then turn the console off via 'Xbox, turn off', then when I come back the following day am I supposed to be able to resume the game instantly? Or is that only for the current session?

Also, if I'm watching TV and then say 'Xbox, go home', the tv carries on playing in the main tile on the home screen. I don't want it to do that. Do I have to open an app and then go to the home screen again?

Need more game demoes! 4 is a paltry amount.

Also, my SmartGlass is back to not working again. Load up Dead Rising and it keeps saying to use SmartGlass for more side missions and fun! But it has stopped seeing the console again. If you turn your router off and on, it doesn't lose you DMZ settings does it? Didn't bother checking the router but it's annoying that it works one minute and not the next.

(I actually suspect it might have something to do with my home network. I have to regularly restart the router as some devices get "Limited" connectivity, or lose conectivity altogether. Need to convince BT to send a new Home Hub.)

If I'm in the middle of a game and then turn the console off via 'Xbox, turn off', then when I come back the following day am I supposed to be able to resume the game instantly? Or is that only for the current session?

Also, if I'm watching TV and then say 'Xbox, go home', the tv carries on playing in the main tile on the home screen. I don't want it to do that. Do I have to open an app and then go to the home screen again?

Yes I think it should be resumable assuming you're xbox is set to go into low power mode rather than off completely. The main tile holds the last thing you played/did so you'd need to launch something else then go back to the dash.

Need more game demoes! 4 is a paltry amount. Also, my SmartGlass is back to not working again. Load up Dead Rising and it keeps saying to use SmartGlass for more side missions and fun! But it has stopped seeing the console again. If you turn your router off and on, it doesn't lose you DMZ settings does it? Didn't bother checking the router but it's annoying that it works one minute and not the next. (I actually suspect it might have something to do with my home network. I have to regularly restart the router as some devices get "Limited" connectivity, or lose conectivity altogether. Need to convince BT to send a new Home Hub.)

Smart glass is a direct connection between your device and the console though, right? WiFi direct and all that. Not sure how it connects, does it go via router then WiFi direct after?

Smart glass is a direct connection between your device and the console though, right? WiFi direct and all that. Not sure how it connects, does it go via router then WiFi direct after?

It says it has to be on the same network. So must go through the router. But as I say, I think there may be a problem with the router not dealing with connections to it correctly.

Yes, it'll do that, but you have to turn on the instant resume feature in settings to enable it.

It's not enabled by default because it's a 'beta feature'. Basically, it seems to work properly and resuming from sleep takes you back to your game but after using it a few times without powering down makes the dashboard become a chugging, jerky slideshow. In game is fine though.

Also, remember to keep saving regularly if you're using it as your game will sometimes just quit, and if there's an update in the pipeline your Xbox will happily apply it during sleep then power down with no regard to any apps you may be running.

Had an odd problem yesterday. Played some co-op Dead Rising with a mate. Both of us were trying it co-op for the first time and when we started the game, initially we both had our controllers momentarily switch off and we had to hit the Xbox button to get them back on again.

As a precaution we both put in new batteries. That seemed to cure the controllers switching off, but then the whole time we played, and again in the evening, we had a problem where the game would either keep randomly going to the map screen or the pause menu.

It was as though it thought we kept hitting the start or select buttons. We tried saying various things out loud in case DR thought we were giving the game voice commands, but nothing we purposely said caused the pausing issue.

Mentioning it here because even though it was Dead Rising, perhaps this has happened to people in other games as well? Thanks.

Just tried Assassins Creed since raising a ticket for them to add an email account to my Uplay account - it's logging me in now :) Worth doing if you're having that problem.

I don't understand this at all? Surely to create a uplay account you have to use an email account in the first place? If I log into uply I can see the email account I used, how many reward points I have etc - plus change any details that I wish.

If I launch AC IV i appears to log into the servers, but once you load a save game or try and look at additional content for the DLC, it logs out of the servers and says they aren't available. I'm getting seriously fucked off with them now.