IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

I've had uplay for ages - I think I initially did it via an Xbox game so it had my gamertag attached and whatever else but no email. It has definitely worked because all the stuff is active at the main menu, the ship meta game works and the mid-game judder has gone away.

A smarter dev would've checked the account it initial boot/login and prompted if an email address was missing and needed. I will give them the benefit of the doubt though as they had a lot of platforms to hit with this one.

Party plus peggle2 = stupid hassle.

If you're trying to play with friends all quit the party then one person setup a private game and THEN invite the others. Wouldn't work otherwise for us. I hope they sort all the party playing together shit ASAP - battlefield was working brilliantly yesterday.

I think my copy of Forza is trying to download from the internet rather than install from the blu ray. Is there anyway I can check and maybe tell it to stop fucking around? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't take more than three hours to get past 54% installed

Ah right. So if I'm actually playing it doesn't carry on installing? As long as I know.

I struggled with Forza at first. Last place every time doesn't feel great. I'm not generally that good at more serious racers. Then it told me I could turn down the drivertard difficulty and play with the assists. Now it's more my speed :)

Fuck me though. I suck at DR3. Playing Chapter 0. I get to the bit just past the plane where it tells you to go to the safe house. Die a few times and then start hopping from car to car. No problem. Then I have to go inside and somehow get lost and get eaten. Doesn't give you much time to stop and munch some food does it? :)

I've got my box set to run in low power mode rather than switch off and also the game resume feature switched on. Why do my downloads (Currently Fifa and Killer Instinct) shut down when I power off? Surely it should drop to standby and carry on.

I've got my box set to run in low power mode rather than switch off and also the game resume feature switched on. Why do my downloads (Currently Fifa and Killer Instinct) shut down when I power off? Surely it should drop to standby and carry on.

They shouldn't - I was having problems with wireless and low power but it is fine since I switched to wired and did some port forwarding. Try running a network test when you switch it on and do the all four trigger buttons thing to see if that helps.

I've got a confession to make....yesterday I spent £60 on COD Ghosts :( yeah I know, you don't have to tell me I'm an idiot ! Basically I decided to have a clear out of 360 games id either completed or didn't ever intend to play now I have an XBO so as it was a fairly split second decision I bundled them all in a bag and took them to Game to trade in. I ended up getting a decent-ish amount for them, around the £70 mark for games I had collecting dust.

Then with my in store credit burning a hole in my pocket I went in search of summat decent, there was a pre-owned copy of Dead Rising Day One Edition that I quite fancied but as a fan (for my sins) of the Call Of Duty franchise I looked for a second hand copy of that, to no avail. Then I saw the new copy.....£59.99, £60 whole English pounds, the thought of going home empty handed with a couple of days off of work coming up left me feeling a bit sick, so I did it. Bit the bullet and paid the man £60 for bloody Call Of Duty.

Neg away, I deserve it :(

I've got a confession to make....yesterday I spent £60 on COD Ghosts :( yeah I know, you don't have to tell me I'm an idiot ! Basically I decided to have a clear out of 360 games id either completed or didn't ever intend to play now I have an XBO so as it was a fairly split second decision I bundled them all in a bag and took them to Game to trade in. I ended up getting a decent-ish amount for them, around the £70 mark for games I had collecting dust.

Then with my in store credit burning a hole in my pocket I went in search of summat decent, there was a pre-owned copy of Dead Rising Day One Edition that I quite fancied but as a fan (for my sins) of the Call Of Duty franchise I looked for a second hand copy of that, to no avail. Then I saw the new copy.....£59.99, £60 whole English pounds, the thought of going home empty handed with a couple of days off of work coming up left me feeling a bit sick, so I did it. Bit the bullet and paid the man £60 for bloody Call Of Duty.

Neg away, I deserve it :(

I got it at launch, free upgrade from 360 and I really enjoy it, it's the only pick up and play shooter available right now so will serve that purpose until the next one comes along.

Forza hasn't even been in my machine due to this and BF4. Dr3 has only been in the one time too.

Forget the views from haters who simply haven't spent the time with it to form an opinion and make your own choice. It's a tired as fuck series but there's fun to be had if you like shooting cunts.

There's even festive camo available now for guns too so you can feel Christmassy and shit whilst playing. You can't do that in fucking battlefield 4.

I raced the campaign just to get shot of it and honestly it was just like any other. The MP though was just horrific instadeath running like a headless chicken bollocks.

Enjoy :)

That's just cos you've been shit at all games with call of duty in the title since call of duty 2!

Peggle 2 on the other hand.

There's even festive camo available now for guns too so you can feel Christmassy and shit whilst playing. You can't do that in fucking battlefield 4.

No but you can fly through the sky at Mach 2 pretending your Santa Clause.

As long as I don't give Activision another penny for a copy paste game I couldn't care if there was a COD map in Santa's grotto, although some may consider that map too large.

I have Ghosts and have to agree with the people that enjoy it. It has to be taken at face value. It doesn't do much outside of the box, but it is COD and you should know what to expect. If you enjoyed previous ones, you will enjoy this I'd wager. Having stayed away from the franchise since MW2, I have had a few good, enjoyable sessions on this. Great when you have 30 mins to spare and can get in 2 quick games. Still more enjoyable than BF in my opinion.

That's just cos you've been shit at all games with call of duty in the title since call of duty 2!

Peggle 2 on the other hand.

Actually yeah for all I sounded negative I bet sods law dictates you can get a party going in this and play a string of games without the general fuckery of BF4.

If this is going to be confessions time who bought Lococycle? Come on at least one of you must have.

It's a tired as fuck series but there's fun to be had if you like shooting cunts.

They need to put that on the back of the box. :)

They shouldn't - I was having problems with wireless and low power but it is fine since I switched to wired and did some port forwarding. Try running a network test when you switch it on and do the all four trigger buttons thing to see if that helps.

It's not actually doing what I thought it was. It does in fact carry on downloading properly when it goes to low power mode. What actually is stopping my downloads is that occasionally my ADSL will resync and when it does the downloads stop. (Obviously). The problem is the XBox doesn't bother retrying when the net comes back 30 seconds later. So I still don't have Fifa downloaded :)

I have Ghosts and have to agree with the people that enjoy it. It has to be taken at face value. It doesn't do much outside of the box, but it is COD and you should know what to expect. If you enjoyed previous ones, you will enjoy this I'd wager. Having stayed away from the franchise since MW2, I have had a few good, enjoyable sessions on this. Great when you have 30 mins to spare and can get in 2 quick games. Still more enjoyable than BF in my opinion.

Quoted for sheer mental-ness. Mainly as Ghosts is so much worse than even it's predecessors, even the bad ones. Only talking about MP mind, never touched a campaign since MW1.