IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2245228/xbox_one_exclusives_will_be_coming_to_e3_2014_phil_spencer.html

Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive & Quantum Break to be given release dates at E3 along with more exclusives announced.

Edit: "we'll have release dates for most of those titles."

Does that leave the first half of year bereft of exclusives other than Titanfall? Admittedly, it's a big exclusive, but it's quite sparse.

Utterly surprised at the reaction to the machinima stuff - people on GAF seem to have been under the impression that YT personalities were somehow more respectable than major gaming websites, despite basically being entertainers and marketers with not even the pretence of journalistic ethics, based on what? Them making some angry videos?

Very naive.

The bit that looked a bit odd was the point about not saying anything disparaging about Xbox One or Machinima. But then that sounds sensible if your paying someone to promote your product I would have thought. Maybe it's just the general "they're paying people to say nice things, who's customers might think they're not biased in any way"

It already happened and was way better than Another Platforming Collectathon From The Company Who Made Donkey Kong 64 would have been.

Except it doesn't hurt to have both, and it doesn't help to lie to your fans with that initial trailer way back when.

Looks like Powerstar Golf has been reduced to £11.99 - Is it worth a download?

I'd say yes. It's a nice enough Everybody's Golf clone, with all the good and bad things that entails. It's bright, colourful and fun, but some of the latter, more gimmicky courses stray the wrong side of the challenge/frustration line. It's got great friends list integration (longest drives, best approaches, longest putts, etc) as well as real and ghost head-to-head play. Well worth it at that price, I'd say.

I think I'm going to buy a XB One this weekend (or before maybe). I noticed when I was in Grainger Games last weekend that they had a couple of boxed up but used/pre-owned/second hand machines in for £400 complete.

Does anyone know if there are any potential issues with getting a used one that I should be wary of?

I'll more than likely just get a brand new one anyway since they're only £20 more, but if I wanted to save a bit of money. Shouldn't be any problems should there?