IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

There was a rumour a couple of weeks ago that Microsoft were starting to clamp down on cross region digital downloads and game sharing, did that turn out to be bollocks?

On phone so can't check but i am sure they came out and reaffirmed that it's not an accident and is a valid option to take.

I just wanted to come in here to shake my head in disbelief of the news that Titanfall, a game which is a Microsoft exclusive, runs at 792p on the XB1.

Carry on.

Shat me up proper playing the beta when it suddenly dawned on me it was upscaling from 792p. Proper shat. Turned it off there and then.

I'm guessing amazon.com sales in the States are a big chunk of the market. If so a bit worrying for MS that today, with all this hype about titanfall, that the PS4 is the number 2 bestseller and the xbox one is number 7.

In the UK the ps4 is number 17, and the xbox one number 18.

Every time I go into my local supermarket, there's a crowd of 3-5 people around the PS4 display. I've heard people asking if they're in stock, too. Yesterday a guy who was selling Sky TV stuff at the front said to his coworker "sorry mate, I've just got to try it out" and left his stand to go play for a bit.

Meanwhile I have yet to play on an Xbox One because I have never seen one running. GAME and HMV have display models. The one in HMV is always off and the one in GAME just has a video running and the console itself is off (right opposite it they have a working PS4 unit with Fifa 14). This seems stupid. Especially with Titanfall coming out. It would make Fifa 14 (which is the only game I have ever seen demoed on PS4) look like crap, no matter how much you like Fifa.

Demoing Titanfall would require more than just having a demo unit set up though, as the game is (AFAIK) only playable online. Not great publicity for Microsoft or the game if mums see their kids playing a game against characters with obscene usernames and can hear teenage Americans shouting obscenities through the chat system.

Titanfall may be a system seller, but it has not been designed demonstrating in a retail environment. FIFA, Mario and Forza, however, are all easy to pick up, play for five minutes, and come away with a good understanding of the game's mechanics.

Retail is an absolute mess.

Local supermarkets have no idea what is going on or what half of the consoles are even called. I'd phoned Asda on Saturday direct to electronics department and asked what XO bundles they had in - they didn't know.

Really odd with units not turned on in game too. Wakefield one has a white Wii U available to play on - it's now brown and naturally not good for customer impressions.

Looking at picking up a bone with the titanfall bundle on friday. Quick question, do we get all the fitness content over here, and is it free for the first year. I was thinking of doing Insanity or P90X anyway so that would essentially 'save' me 100 quid if the whole package is free through the fitness app.

Demoing Titanfall would require more than just having a demo unit set up though, as the game is (AFAIK) only playable online. Not great publicity for Microsoft or the game if mums see their kids playing a game against characters with obscene usernames and can hear teenage Americans shouting obscenities through the chat system.

Titanfall may be a system seller, but it has not been designed demonstrating in a retail environment. FIFA, Mario and Forza, however, are all easy to pick up, play for five minutes, and come away with a good understanding of the game's mechanics.

You make a fair point regarding Titanfall, but the fact remains, I have yet to see a single Xbone demo unit running, and not for want of trying. It seems daft to me as most of the people I see staring at Fifa 14 look like they're not impressed because it's a playstation, they're impressed because that's what they've had a go on.

You make a fair point regarding Titanfall, but the fact remains, I have yet to see a single Xbone demo unit running, and not for want of trying. It seems daft to me as most of the people I see staring at Fifa 14 look like they're not impressed because it's a playstation, they're impressed because that's what they've had a go on.

I've seen plenty of running pods usually demo'ing Forza5 (DR3 and Ryse don't lend themselves to a retail store environment I guess).

What has always stood out to me and that I find strange is how every PS4 demo pod has those worn away sticks which make playing anything (especially fifa) almost impossible as your thumb just slides off. How that's a good way to demo and potentially sell your product is beyond me.

edit: Actually I'd go as far to say it'd be better for them if it was switched off than allow people to sample that.

so it seems this update on the xbox that was out recently has fucked up my party chat, i can only speak through the kinect and hear people through my TV no matter how many times i try to plug in/unplug my mic and turn the xbox on or off. :( fucking my titanfall experience up!

edit: after the 3rd or 4th xbox reboot its now working