IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

If anyone was wondering what USB 3.0 Hard Drive to go for there seems to be two that are significantly better than the others:

1. Western Digital My Book 4TB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-USB-3-0-Hard-Drive/dp/B00G28Y96K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400687175&sr=8-1&keywords=WD+My+Book+4+TB+USB+3.0

2. Seagate Expansion 4TB

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STBV4000200-Expansion-External-Drive/dp/B00BP5RL10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400687219&sr=8-1&keywords=Seagate+Expansion+4TB

It's worth noting that both of these drives are 7200rpm vs the internal HDD which is 5400rpm so you should see a performance increase.

I'm going to order the Seagate today as I got the update last weekend (you can force the download if you're in the dash beta). Apparently it does markedly improve load times. My HDD is at 86% so it seems a timeous arrival.

edit: something else from the new update I wasn't aware of - you can get notifications on smartglass now when somebody starts broadcasting and view it directly on your device. Nice

Skype is snappable now as well.

I'm going to order the Seagate today as I got the update last weekend (you can force the download if you're in the dash beta). Apparently it does markedly improve load times. My HDD is at 86% so it seems a timeous arrival.

edit: something else from the new update I wasn't aware of - you can get notifications on smartglass now when somebody starts broadcasting and view it directly on your device. Nice

Skype is snappable now as well.

How do you force the update?

Hmm rumor is that Sony are dropping the price to £299 at E3 (ShopTo currently have them at this price), I wonder how Microsoft will respond? Can they shave off another £50 on the One?

Having just dropped the price and kinect, no. They might do what they did with the original Xbox and try to value add now with games included in the box but theres no way even if they were making a profit on each console that they'd drop the price again so soon. It'd be seen as yet another sign in the press that the Xbox One is failing, even when it isn't.

Having just dropped the price and kinect, no. They might do what they did with the original Xbox and try to value add now with games included in the box but theres no way even if they were making a profit on each console that they'd drop the price again so soon. It'd be seen as yet another sign in the press that the Xbox One is failing, even when it isn't.

maybe they could bundle a kinect for £350... oh.

Chances are we will soon see retailers offering the Kinectless One for around £300 anyway.

Hmmm...I've been getting emails every other day about Gamescom...For the price it'd be near rude not to!

It's good fun, though a bit too crowded for my liking, even on Industry Day.

Still going of course.

New Quantum Break vid. New gameplay, looks impressive. Release in 2015. Gameplay blow-out at Gamescom.

Remedy are genuinely the main reason I picked up an Xbox One over a PS4, so I'm overwhelmingly pleased that Quantum Break keeps getting more exciting the more we see of it.

If it's anywhere near as atmospheric as Alan Wake, and going by those images it definitely looks it, then you're all in for a treat.

I suppose I'll have to buy a One and join you all if that's the case.

I just tried to buy Watch Dogs from the US store. I changed the location and restarted, then added my existing PayPal account to it and my American chum's address as the billing address. Tried to buy, but it said "Your purchase can't be completed at this time. Please try a different payment method."

what did I do wrong?

It's good fun, though a bit too crowded for my liking, even on Industry Day.

Still going of course.

Industry say Las year was pretty quiet. It was mental the rest of the week though. I'll be going industry day only this year.