rllmuk
mushashi

Xbox One Console Thread

So after lurking in the Forza Horizon 2 thread for some time, I buckled and have ordered a shiny new console to play it on. I already have a PS4 and hadn't really been planning on buying a new xbox quite yet, so not sure what the exclusives out there are really, particularly in terms of the smaller downloadable titles. Does anyone have any recommendations for things that aren't on PS4...or what to look out for in terms of what's coming out soon. I am very much looking forward to Sunset Overdrive :)

• Upvote 2

I've tried to speculatively refer a few people now, it's mostly said people aren't eligible for the offer. :(

Edit: perhaps because they aren't registered for live rewards. If anyone is upgrading is registered/is prepared to and wants to let me know, a pm would be super!

It seems a bit odd (we've failed with me). Even when you sign up for live rewards they claim it might take a couple of days to go through: which is a bit weird.

I've tried to speculatively refer a few people now, it's mostly said people aren't eligible for the offer. :(

Edit: perhaps because they aren't registered for live rewards. If anyone is upgrading is registered/is prepared to and wants to let me know, a pm would be super!

Yep happened with footle - we're working some angles to see if we can get it working. I referred another mate and it worked fine (he's not actually buying one I was just trying it)

FAO: All new Xbox One owners/purchasers...

Seriously, get it. It's pretty good with a controller, it's goddamn genius with Kinect.

• Upvote 1

So after lurking in the Forza Horizon 2 thread for some time, I buckled and have ordered a shiny new console to play it on. I already have a PS4 and hadn't really been planning on buying a new xbox quite yet, so not sure what the exclusives out there are really, particularly in terms of the smaller downloadable titles. Does anyone have any recommendations for things that aren't on PS4...or what to look out for in terms of what's coming out soon. I am very much looking forward to Sunset Overdrive :)

Pm'd!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Feel free to FR (mention rllmuk if you do somewhere in a message!!!) me! Mainly into drivers and fun stuff like Crackdown.... Although do like co-op shoot fun at times too... Been a Xboxer since around 2004 when I bought one for PGR2 and played that on live. Not looked back since.

Only reason late to the One party was that damn stupid E3 they did, high initial price and mandatory Kinect. Looks like they have got back on track again. Phew.

I'll back up anyone saying D4 is a great game and an amazing Kinect game, it just gave me a massive grin on my face all the way through.

Just ordered a one, can't be bothered to wait for the white version now so pm sent

Quick heads up wannabe Xbox Referrers, I've just referred Mt50, so I'm out of the game.

I think Slartibartfast might be up for a referral. :)

Yep, I'm up for a referral!! :) (tag: Slartibart )

Also, D4 looks spectacularly bizarre, which I love. Also as I'm getting the version with Kinnect and don't have anything to use with it, this seems like a good option. At first though I was even more excited as I though this related to the D game I had on the 3DO, but alas, not to be. Looks batshit crazy from that trailer though so I won't look at anything else until I play it :)

Also, as per my request at the bottom of the last page, I'm getting my shiny new console on Monday so if anyone can recommend any exclusives (apart from Forza Horizon 2 that I have already waiting to play) then I would love to hear them, interested in smaller download stuff too, but have a PS4 and Wii U also...so mostly it's anything fun that's not already out on them that I'm after. Thanks in advance....

Have only played D4 for 15 mins but can already tell its something special (but then I was a big fan of Deadly Premonition).

What surprises me most about it so far is the Kinect control integration, it works well. I was tempted to play using the pad but I think I may stick with Kinect for this.

Have only played D4 for 15 mins but can already tell its something special (but then I was a big fan of Deadly Premonition).

What surprises me most about it so far is the Kinect control integration, it works well. I was tempted to play using the pad but I think I may stick with Kinect for this.

I'd advise sticking with Kinect purely for the 'action' scenes.

So what's everyone most hotly anticipated games on XBO at the moment?

As a recent newbie to One playing a bit of catch up and have both the Forzas and looking forward to Sunset Overdrive and playing the Halo series again. (never played 4 on 360 so will be good to playthrough this as well as play the first one again). Should be enough winter gaming right there!

Watched the new Crackdown trailer too and that is looking great one of my favourite games last gen (can still hear the chime of those agility orbs in my head).

Of course I'm guessing we'll be getting a Forza update next winter and Halo 5 too.

Also, D4 looks spectacularly bizarre, which I love. Also as I'm getting the version with Kinnect and don't have anything to use with it, this seems like a good option. At first though I was even more excited as I though this related to the D game I had on the 3DO, but alas, not to be. Looks batshit crazy from that trailer though so I won't look at anything else until I play it :)

Also, as per my request at the bottom of the last page, I'm getting my shiny new console on Monday so if anyone can recommend any exclusives (apart from Forza Horizon 2 that I have already waiting to play) then I would love to hear them, interested in smaller download stuff too, but have a PS4 and Wii U also...so mostly it's anything fun that's not already out on them that I'm after. Thanks in advance....

I am happy to refer you, not sure if anyone is ahead of me, you might want to have a quick look back in the thread. If not, feel free to drop me a PM with your details and i will get it done.

Make sure to pick up dead rising 3, it's ace.

• Upvote 1

I tried to refer a few people on my friends list who may or may not be buying an XB1 (no one who has posted in here), and had several I couldn't add. The best guess I could come up with was that those I couldn't add did not currently have an active Gold subscription. I wonder if that is it?

I tried to refer a few people on my friends list who may or may not be buying an XB1 (no one who has posted in here), and had several I couldn't add. The best guess I could come up with was that those I couldn't add did not currently have an active Gold subscription. I wonder if that is it?

Yeah I think it might be that or not signed up for rewards - which is stupid !!

I bought a One yesterday and just finished setting it up. Active Gold subscription and signed up to Rewards. A friend tried adding me from his referral email, but it didn't appear to work. If anyone would like to give it a try, my Gamertag is edretro.

i forwarded ports on my router to try and sort out some connection problems and moderate NAT, and now my internet speed has plummeted to 1.7mb down and 0.08 up and no matter what i do it won't go back to how it was! whoops :( no idea how that might've happened

i've currently been waiting about 15 minutes and 2 failed attempts later for a 260mb update to the xbox :hmm:

so I still can't use my wire/homeplug to connect to online games, my WIFI is now only picking up under 2meg download instead of 14, everything now takes forever but hey at least it worked, my NAT is open!

I only bought one a couple of weeks ago if anyone wants to refer - Gamertag = SmokeMeAK1pper

Just referred you, but not sure if it worked - think it may have sent you a friend request?

http://youtu.be/rcw8TnjqCFM

Quantum Break demo in Japanese

Wouldn't this be better placed in the Quantum Break thread? We're a in year into the generation now and we've got to stop ghettoising content about games into the individual platform threads I feel.

The preponderance of mega-threads makes the folder look and feel very sparse and it makes it much harder to find the content you're looking for.

Basically this thread should really be slowing down dramatically at this point. Previews, reviews, views on games should all be going in separate threads for those particular titles.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

Quantum Break demo in Japanese

In the year 2014, video game bad guys still hide behind barrels of explosive liquids. There's gotta be a better way...

Wouldn't this be better placed in the Quantum Break thread? We're a in year into the generation now and we've got to stop ghettoising content about games into the individual platform threads I feel.

The preponderance of mega-threads makes the folder look and feel very sparse and it makes it much harder to find the content you're looking for.

Basically this thread should really be slowing down dramatically at this point. Previews, reviews, views on games should all be going in separate threads for those particular titles.

No

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1