IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Yeah, I was thinking that. Are there any issues with downloading games from another region's store? I read that you can't re-download the game from the UK store if you need to, but I guess you can always go back to the store you bought it from, right?

anyone else extremely tempted by sunset overdrive @ £28 (i think) HK store? i havent really had much interest in the game, but at that price or £14 each for me and a friend it really seems like a no brainer - is there any negatives of using the hong kong store? is it any more dodgy than using the USA store? (i buy giftcards on amazon and redeem them on the bone usually) ta

No negatives I've seen. It's all through MS.

I brought the deluxe edition yesterday switched back to the UK store and it downloaded as normal. Checked my online banking account this morning and they've taken out the correct amount. That and it's easy as piss to switch back and forth to the webstores on the console and the website.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Are there any issues with downloading games from another region's store? I read that you can't re-download the game from the UK store if you need to, but I guess you can always go back to the store you bought it from, right?

You can re download from uk store - think of it all as completely universal. I haven't bought a disc for months as online is so cheap and preloading so convenient.

I think it's a perfect storm of Forza Horizon 2 being amazing, Driveclub being broken and the XBone having features people want added to the OS (DNLA etc) - it's certainly what pushed me over the edge.

Have to say coming off the back of a PS4 I'm shocked about how quiet the XBone is - my only gripe is navigating the UI but that's something I'll get used to (and will be further streamlined over time by the looks of it)

Well done MS - after a PR disaster of a launch you're winning back the hearts and minds of gamers by actually delivering what they want.

One thought that comes to mind - we are only a year down the line from launch and only 18 months down the line from the reveal. A big chunk of what's been delivered to date will have been either on the roadmap or in development back then - they're only laying out what they always had in mind. Just without the original "Steam - but in a console" vision.

So I am now ready to get back into the Xbox family and back onto Live. I've got a few questions for all of you who are already users.

Is kinect worth considering? I see people talking about using it for the UI but I'm assuming that will be less of an issue as MS seem to be improving the OS so quickly.

Any idea of the best package available? Game do seem to have a decent two game package which I'm tempted by unless there are any much better deals around.

The Games on Gold offer looks pretty good. Are the games "rented" like PS+ or are they to keep?

What are the best digital download only games for it?

Thanks.

So I am now ready to get back into the Xbox family and back onto Live. I've got a few questions for all of you who are already users.

Is kinect worth considering? I see people talking about using it for the UI but I'm assuming that will be less of an issue as MS seem to be improving the OS so quickly.

Any idea of the best package available? Game do seem to have a decent two game package which I'm tempted by unless there are any much better deals around.

The Games on Gold offer looks pretty good. Are the games "rented" like PS+ or are they to keep?

What are the best digital download only games for it?

Thanks.

Can answer some of your points.

I would suggest that Kinect is worth having unless you have security concerns. Everything is possible without it but it makes life easier for recording clips, redeeming codes, signing a profile in, and little touches like peering out of cover too. I've heard good things about using in it for motion control in some games such as D4 and Fantasia, although not for Kinect sports.

Games on gold are only rented on the XBO, for the duration of gold membership, but are owned outright on the 360. Gold members also get weekly sales discounts.

The digital only games I have enjoyed most so far are Peggle2, Valient Hearts, Max a tale of Two Brothers, and I'm hoping for good things from Outlast which is currently on sale.

New console Packages seem to crop up almost daily, I think there is an app called hot UK deals or something which might help track the best one for you.

Looking at the GAF thread, there are some nice colour / theme combinations emerging around favourite games, eg the acid pink of FH2 or the burnt orange of Titanfall.

Mine came through about five hours later. I must be better than you.

Just tried to go to the Indian Marketplace on my phone. When I click on a game to buy it, it switches to the UK store.

Yeah same happened to me!

Needs to be done on your Xbox.

Can it do that without Kinect? No idea if it does HDMI control as well or not but I know the Kinect definitely fires IR signals out to change channel/volume/power on, etc.

After spending several minutes trying to enable this on my xbone, I conclude that the console doesn't use HDMI-CEC at all, just as I originally suspected. It just keeps telling me I need Kinect or an "IR cable", whatever the hell that is. Poor show.

After spending several minutes trying to enable this on my xbone, I conclude that the console doesn't use HDMI-CEC at all, just as I originally suspected. It just keeps telling me I need Kinect or an "IR cable", whatever the hell that is. Poor show.

Ah yeah I'd got it in my head the IR blaster was on the console. It'll certainly switch over the channel though.

Just got the November preview. Had to manually check for it.

Also, on the subject of non-Kinect "record that" a better way than the double-tap and "x" is to have smartglass running connected to the console - there's a "record that" button on the bottom of the screen permanently whilst playing :)

So have set a wallpaper from the "Transformer" achievement from Strike Suit Zero (planet with some ships whizzing past it) and a nice subtle grey tile scheme.

Can see myself regularly changing the background art depending on the stuff I unlock.

Really cool feature and good way to incentivise people to unlock achievements for the artwork.

Why? You chose to buy the gimped edition.

So have set a wallpaper from the "Transformer" achievement from Strike Suit Zero (planet with some ships whizzing past it) and a nice subtle grey tile scheme.

Can see myself regularly changing the background art depending on the stuff I unlock.

Really cool feature and good way to incentivise people to unlock achievements for the artwork.

How do you set the backgrounds?

I only got around to setting the preview dashboard the other day and aren't sure if I have the latest one with this option yet actually.