IGNORED

Xbox One Console Thread

mushashi

Jon boy. I was on your side about the knee jerk reaction against the original bone announcement and people being a bit silly.

But you really don't go about things in a very friendly way.

I'm not going to be friendly to some idiot calling me a dickhead for no reason. Especially when I'm right. Am I?

People can change their minds if they like, but it was the unbelievably childish over-reactions and declarations of hate for MS, that are all suddenly evaporating, that I'm laughing at.

People are so fickle.

I'm not going to be friendly to some idiot calling me a dickhead for no reason. Especially when I'm right. Am I?

And this is the dumb mentality of gamers distilled to perfection. It's exactly the same hardware it was last year. And although they had a rough start, so are probably fast-tracking a lot of things, I don't doubt it's practically* the same console experience they had planned all along.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but you seem like exactly the kind of person Sony knew they could capture with their extremely over-hyped marketing.

*albeit getting delivered in a slightly more palatable manner.

Because this post is completely 100% friendly and not at all filled with passive aggressive shite.

The whole reason I called you a dickhead was because I used the caveat "No disrespect, but.." the same way you did. So it's okay I called you a dickhead, I said no disrespect beforehand!

Now you actually are being a dickhead, though.

Ah, here we go. 'Lack of self awareness', 'Passive aggressive'. And chucking insults around. The old RLLMUK favourites for when sensible discussion isn't possible.

You guys are funny.

Ah, here we go. 'Lack of self awareness', 'Passive aggressive'. And chucking insults around. The old RLLMUK favourites for when sensible discussion isn't possible.

You guys are funny.

I didn't realise you mocking the fickle habits of gamers was sensible discussion, my bad.

I've just got my Xbox and to be honest I was surprised at how good it is. I got the PS4 at launch and was one of those that vowed never to get the Xbone, and to be fair I think I was justified at the time due to the way Microsoft put across their vision for the xbox one, it was like they were so arrogant that they didn't do any market research at all as to what the consumer wanted. They've turned it around big time and deserve credit for that, hence why I've bought one.

Maybe but the only reason it NEEDS Kinect for voice navigation is bloodymindedness on MS' part. There's many, many other ways to get voice into the system.

Multi-directional microphones rebuilt into the chassis?

The main reason that the voice navigation works so well is that you can talk, in a relatively normal voice, over a TV/streamed video or Game in full flow and still have it pick it up, and without having to wear a headset or have a controller on.

If you ordered your TV tuner from Amazon, you should get it today. Not sure what happened with those, they were "out" and then they disappeared off the Amazon website. Then I got a mail to say it had been dispatched.

I've just bought a new graphics card for my PC, and I've got a PS4 pre-ordered for Christmas, but I'm sorely tempted by Sunset Overdrive and Forza. What other Xbone exclusives are on the horizon other than Halo (which I'm not really a huge fan of)? I'm not just not sure I can justify buying a console for those two when I'll get all cross platform games on the PC and have at least one next gen console as well.

I've just bought a new graphics card for my PC, and I've got a PS4 pre-ordered for Christmas, but I'm sorely tempted by Sunset Overdrive and Forza. What other Xbone exclusives are on the horizon other than Halo (which I'm not really a huge fan of)? I'm not just not sure I can justify buying a console for those two when I'll get all cross platform games on the PC and have at least one next gen console as well.

Have a look on xbox.com it shows you most of what's coming. There's Quantum Break, the new Tomb Raider is at least timebound, Ori & The Blind Forest, I suspect a Gears of War collection similar to Halo, Crackdown, Screamride, Below. MS have gone balls to the wall on the software front I wouldn't be worried about a shortage of upcoming content.

People can change their minds if they like, but it was the unbelievably childish over-reactions and declarations of hate for MS, that are all suddenly evaporating, that I'm laughing at.

People are so fickle.

"no reason" :huh:

Anyway, people arent fickle, they never were. Theyre still unimpressed by 2013 Microsoft, but theyre also grown adults who can buy a game console when theres something they want on it.

Don't forget Killer Instinct as well, a great fighter.

I downloaded this and quite enjoyed going through the combos in the training mode, but I had no idea how to buy it. All the values were replaced with "#nil" and there seemed to be ten different ways to buy the game, none of which worked :(

I slagged MS off badly during the launch phase, it was like they wanted to fail. Then The Chronicles of Master Chief was announced and I was 'fickle' enough to lay down over 400 quids just before the price drop. That's how fickle I am.

If you ordered your TV tuner from Amazon, you should get it today. Not sure what happened with those, they were "out" and then they disappeared off the Amazon website. Then I got a mail to say it had been dispatched.

Oh man. Wish I had ordered one now.

EDIT: Although it's a fiver more expensive now, and sold by an Amazon shop, not Amazon themselves. And it's 3-5 day shipping. I think I'll wait until Friday instead.

So it seems India & HK stores are now off the table - was to be expected as everybody posted all over the internet how to do it. US with redeemable points still works though. Pity as Assassins Creed was only £28 on the Indian store.

Aargh, was wondering what happened! I was trying to preorder Sunset and the payment wouldn't go through.

I slagged MS off badly during the launch phase, it was like they wanted to fail. Then The Chronicles of Master Chief was announced and I was 'fickle' enough to lay down over 400 quids just before the price drop. That's how fickle I am.

I dont understand Jon, one minute hes an affable bloke, the next hes a raging fanboy with a huge hard on for Microsoft.

At first there was one group of people who had playstations and one group of people who had Xboxes. And they argued.

Then the Xbox people started buying playstations. And still they argued.

Then some of the Xbox people who'd bought playstations started buying Xboxes again. And then everything seemed like it just might be okay.

But this made them cunts, apparently. And then they argued.