Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

Troublegum

Looks fairly impressive, couldn't see the demo on 360 though. The animation looks smoother than FIFA, not sure if that is to do with the camera or post-processing. And some aspects look hyper-real such as the shooting, seems nicer too.

Will give it a whirl.

You know what... only had one match so far, but this is actually really good, I'm massively surprised by this, so much so, I'll pick it up along with FIFA 13 if this is the quality come release.

On this demo alone, the passing system is better than FIFA 12, since you are getting tactile feedback as to which direction your passes are going - or at least supposed to be going with the excellent inclusion of the manual passing system (hold LT when in possession).

Still playing...

Word on the street is that PES13 is the best football game for many a year. I'll play the demo tonight and decide for myself. Doesn't really matter anyway, as I've brought every PES game since ISS waay back

Reporting from the street : It is amazing period. Please make sure you mess around with the camera angles as they have done a few cool new things where the camera changes during gameplay and goes in for close ups.

First day purchase for me.

EDIT : I was referring to the Broadcast camera angle which I don't think is new, I have just never used it in previous versions :facepalm:

The 'Blimp' cam is pretty cool, gives it a 'Sensible Soccer' vibe from a sideways view.

Had a few more games with this and I'm impressed, more so than I was expecting; the animations don't look stunted and there's a real natural flow to the game. Ball physics have been improved and I think the inclusion of the Manual Passing is a genius idea. Certainly in FIFA, I'm culpable to the 'That's not the pass I was aiming for' syndrome; this does away with that completely, excellent stuff.

I must have ploughed hundreds and hundreds of hours into the various incarnations of Master League over the past ~10 years or so. Just wish the Vita version would be released at same time. With Konami's "transfarring" thing

Its pretty good aint it, being someone whos played alot of fifa it takes away alot of the automatic cheap shit of fifa like the holding down of the tackle button on pes you have to time it or it doesnt work. X is the standing tackle aint it?.

I'm guessing you've not played a lot of FIFA12 though, as holding down the tackle button won't work with the tackling system they introduced.

Wow. Just wow. This is excellent! This is like chalk and cheese from the last 4 years of PES demos I've tried. It plays brilliantly. Feels 'organic'. The ball moves like it should and it feels less on rails than FIFA does to me. I've not bought a PES since I moved to FIFA in 2008, but this is a day one for me. Some of the faces look awful though, but it plays like a dream! Completely shocked! Played 3 matches in a row and want to go and play more!

It's pretty good from the few matches I've played. I wish it would let me play through balls to the receiver that I want, though. On a couple of occasions I have had a player in a great position to receive the ball, and the CPU has selected someone else to pass it to.

Hello guys

Looks fairly impressive, couldn't see the demo on 360 though. The animation looks smoother than FIFA, not sure if that is to do with the camera or post-processing. And some aspects look hyper-real such as the shooting, seems nicer too.

003%20Structure%20of%20a%20plant.jpg

I got back into PES this year, thought it played a lovely game but I thought the shooting severely hampered it from feeling truly like 'Classic PES'. It was just too unreliable. The passing animations also looked a bit too PS1 era for my liking but the core of the game was great.

My early impressions from this demo are that these gripes seem to be fixed (or at least more tolerable in regards to the shooting) and the actually gameplay feels meatier, more substance if that makes sense. It feels weighted with a purpose, the slower pace seems to help it and if the final game is somewhat close to this, it's going to be a pre-order for me.

Oh, I haven't won a free-kick yet, are they the same as last years? That was probably my favourite part of the game, they were fantastic.

Afte rediscovering PES last year, which was by far the best football game in the market, and then modding it with amazing gameplay patches, the resulting experience was really something else. It is evident now that these developers can't do shit without the community, so I'm really glad this year's version feels even better. That means even better mods and an even better game.

Now if people should just stop buying FIFA, we might actually see some progress from EA. :eyebrows:

Just played the PC demo, and it's lovely. Plays a lovely smooth game of football. The pacing is great, and I felt totally in control and able to do what I wanted despite not playing PES for over 4 years. Scored a few great goals too.

If I do go for a football game this year, I reckon I might switch back to Pro Evo. Nice work Konami.

Yeah, seems good this year. The couple of games I had last night felt smooth (animation wise - a game freezing issue seems to be present in the demo) and the shooting was much more satisfying than recent years.

From a couple of videos I've seen there are loads of nice first touches and flicks you can pull off. My issue is that I just dont think I can be bothered to learn all of the little stick movements and button combos to pull these off. Guess thats a result of not having as much time to play games these days though.

I really like this, the broadcast cam in particular. It REALLY needs to keep you running the same way when it switches angles, though. I'd run into the corner and the camera angle would change and then I'd suddenly be cutting inside instead of running down the line, which was annoying.

Had a couple of games and quite enjoyed it. I mostly play football games in single player though, so haven't really learned much from the ability to play friendlies.

Well, other than that PES 2013 plays a pretty good game of football from the look of it.

I came around to liking pes2012 after coming from PES 2010 and initially hating it, although i mostly played PES 2011, where it's almost impossible to score. In PES 2012 being able to playing fluid one touch passes is sublime, but my only problems with it are still that the through balls seem to slow down as your player is close to receiving it, as though he is running on the spot - it's slower from PES 2011. But it is easier to score, shots don't often balloon over the bar, and it's easy to take it either side of the keeper on a one on one and score - probably too easy I think, but when online the joy is in the execution of the through balls. And also in PES 2012 shooting from outside the box is never really an option. You just can't generate enough power on the ball, it really seems like the game is designed for you to play the way Barcelona does, which can be awesome, but when online you can waste an entire half making neat passes without ever reaching a point when you're inside the box and can score. You go wide, make a cross, lose possession, they deliver a ridiculous through ball from inside their own half that cuts right through your two defenders, they're one on one, they score, you curse. I really hope they fix the online, because people play a formation with their attackers as far up the field as possible, edged to the right, and it stretches the game in their favour because I play a compact midfield so I can keep possession, pass to death, and if I lose the ball I can win it back immediately. They basically play with no midfield, as soon as they get it, they're one pass away from a one on one with my keeper.

The differences in PES 2013 that I can see is that the dribbling is slower except for the players with 90 dribble accuracy/speed (like Neymar), and shooting is stronger. I tried moving with Defoe in one direction and could easily shoot the other way, post and in, first try. The passing feels more solid, more accurate. It seems like from PES 2011 onwards they introduced a system wherein you could play one touch passing football, and the game flows, but it meant that shooting became part of the move as well, so if you pass, move and shoot you can score, if you pass, move, stop then shoot, the keeper will save it. But I'm disappointed that initially there's not much difference, not enough to buy it full price. I think I'd be happier if I didn't play it online almost daily, but little surprise moments like chipping a through ball to Benzema who controls it and volleys it 25 yards out make it worth it. Or frequently doing the move where you have one or two defenders running to your left, and waiting for them to get ahead and then flicking the ball behind you and them to the left and curling the ball in to the far corner.