Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

Troublegum

I haven't played any football games for a couple of years (had both FIFA11 and PES11) so my opinion is from a very casual player, but it still feels quite scripted - which I thought Konami said they were removing last year(?).

Specifically in the couple of games I played I had: my controlled player rooted to the spot waiting for a pass that the AI intercepted; making a tackle and instead of letting you retrieve the loose ball the AI made my player move back into position and I couldn't do anything to override it and the AI switched who I was controlling at very odd times (switching to a CB when the ball was closer to a CM - I know you can manually select players, but it was still odd).

How are some of the more-seasoned players finding the AI (especially above regular)?

... but it still feels quite scripted - which I thought Konami said they were removing last year(?).

2012 was really heavy handed with the scripting to make the game harder. And by harder I mean cheat.

If it's as bad as that again I fear for my TV.

Fucking lol that's ridiculous.

I haven't really played a footie game since ISS on the 64. The animation is incredible these days. I have interest in footie but am still tempted to get it (pes 2013) for gawping and muliplayer. Am I daft?

Sure thing

http://www.mediafire.com/?tf6y5iock32zj22

http://www.mediafire.com/?mf74q3rn4y7k4p4

http://www.mediafire.com/?tc8qnc4dqav9shz

http://www.mediafire.com/?dgj417glxg973g5

http://www.mediafire.com/?z82zuqsxu0bsbs0

http://www.mediafire.com/?01e15zctrlgmqqe

.: INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS :.

1. Install PES 2013 DEMO.

2. Download all 6 parts of the PES 2013 WeHellas DEMO Patch, and place them all in the same folder while checking that every part is 200 MB except for the last part which is 147mb!

3. After downloading all the 6 parts, install (if you haven't already) WinRAR (Link for x86) (Link for x64).

6. After that, right click file "wehellas2013-patch.part1" and choose "Extract to wehellas2013-patch\".

5. When that process ends, a new folder named "wehellas2013-patch" will appear. In that folder, there will be a file named "wehellas2013-unlock" and the folders "img" and "unlock". Cut and paste them all in the directory you installed the PES2013 DEMO (It usually is C:\Program Files\ΚΟΝΑΜΙ\Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 DEMO\)

6. Having finished all of the above, run the patch by double left clicking "wehellas2013-unlock". (If you right click it and then choose "Send to" and pick "Desktop", a new shortcut will be created in your Desktop and you will be able to run the patch instantly).

Easy.

Finally got round to playing this.

It's the smoothest and least clunky Pro Evo this gen, which I'm sure I've said two years in a row now so at least they are on the right track. Doesn't have that same fluidity that Fifa has but everything links together animation wise much better than before. It feels much freer in movement like the early demo versions of the previous two games did. The worry is, of course, they bottle it like they did for the 'finished' 2011/2012 games and strangle the final version by slipping back into their old restrictive ways. I hope that doesn't happen again because if they can refine and polish what they have it will be a cracking game.

The good:

Some of the biggest problems from 2012 seem to have been addressed in the shooting, tackling and AI. Shooting is punchy, powerful and most importantly the shots go in the direction you want them to. You now have more control in standing tackles with the double tap to commit to a challenge, so it is more about timing on your part rather than blind luck and scripting like last year. The AI presses higher up the pitch, thankfully, which opens the game up and gives greater variety of play.

The bad:

Keepers still look awful, I wonder if Konami are ever going to sort them out. The graphics have hardly changed apart from the animations, the night games in particular look even more washed out than before. A simple change in colour saturation and contrast would go a long way to making it look as good as 2010 did. Player switching and micro-stuttering is always a problem in these early demos and this one is no different.

This impressed me more than I thought it would. From all the videos it looked identical to last year's game but after playing it is clear that the improvements were to the feel of the gameplay instead of its presentation. I'm willing to accept that compromise as long as the other game modes aren't left stagnant. This is supposedly the last game on this tired engine, hopefully they mean it this time.

Been playing the hell out of this since the demo dropped last week. It really is fantastic, and a MASSIVE improvement over last year's iteration. The dynamic first touch really makes the game and your team mates make excellent runs, create space etc. Shooting and goalkeepers are big improvements too. Pro Evo, it's nice to have you back :)

• 4 weeks later...

Played a game of the demo of this tonight for the first time in a while, still absolutely loving it. For me this is shaping up to be the best game of footy since WE10 thumbup.gif

A couple of goals I scored tonight vs Portugal, highlighting the difference between the sheer power and subtlety of the shooting in this wub.gif...

The second demo of this is out on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be as enjoyable as this one, I'm going with PES this year I think, it just plays a fantastic game of football. Featured in the demo are 11 teams with 10 minute games. Changes including passing trajectory, improvement to manual controls and the refereeing.

I came away with a different impression Pockets, to me it seem to play very smooth, not only that but I am going to put my neck on the line and state quite categorically that they have come up with a Fifa beater ... I absolutely adored it !

Possibly a slight overreation to say it's better than a game we've not played yet.

For all we know the new FIFA could feel more like Pro Evo than previous FIFAs, though.

Personally I don't judge football games until I've been playing them for at least 6 months. They're among the most complex games out there.

Reckon I'll be getting both this year so expect me to pop up in 7 months time with which I prefer.

No, there's Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Athletic Bilbao, Man Utd, Bayern Munich and Juventus. Plus a couple of Copa America teams I can't remember the name of. (Probably different from the ones in the 1st demo)

EDIT: Copa America teams are Santos, Corinthians, Boca Juniors and Chivas. They're the same aren't they?! :huh:

No there's just Santos there from the first demo, which also had Fluminese, Flamengo and Internacional.

I quite like the 2nd demo and I'm still going to pick it up first day I think, but the shooting isn't quite as crisp and punchy as the first demo which is a shame. The freedom in the players movement and dribbling also feels slightly more restricted since the first demo. It's still got some lovely touches though, and you get some real unique passages of play that never seem to happen on Fifa. I haven't seen too much from Fifa for this year, but I'm guessing it's going to be similar to last year, so I probably give that a miss this year, but I'll give the demo a go in a few weeks to make sure.

Downloaded and played the second demo last night. Why the hell are the crowd la-lah'ing to 'the twelve days of Christmas'?!? :facepalm:

Anyway as for the demo - not bad by any means. Some nice touches implemented in this years iteration. I selected Man U and played Juve. 89th minute I made a play down the right wing, crossing it over to Rooney in the middle. Both Rooney and the defender went up for the ball and Rooney came off second best... with the defender heading it into the back of the net ^_^

Game finished Man U 1 - 0 Juve.

A lot of people on the Winning Eleven Blog believe it will be coming out on the 21st Sept. I'd be very surprised if they released it after Fifa this year to be honest. Konami are announcing the release date today at some point though. The gameplay is the best we've seen from PES in a long time, but for Master League fans it looks like bad news, magical boots and RPG elements have been added to the mode and people who have seen the review code are pretty pissed off about it.