IGNORED

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

Troublegum

What on earth are you talking about. Going by the demo, defending in fifa 13 hasn't changed very much at all.

It's subtly different, and makes it far more enjoyable. It's easier. Not as hit and miss.

It changes how the game plays massively.

considering the clusterfuck that was defending in FIFA 12 last year...unfortunately lapped up by the masses as "the best thing ever" and now massively changed for FIFA 13

It's subtly different, and makes it far more enjoyable. It's easier. Not as hit and miss.

What?!?!

Do you mean they have taken the concept, stuck with it, but refined and improved it?

What cunts.

For the idiot who negged me, excuse me if I don't trust a site with such shitty reviews, that awards this game an 8/10: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/r_pes6_x360ps2

Stop being a sheep.

Eurogamers funniest hour was giving Champ Man 4 - 10/10

Bonkers. It was bugged up to hell and not that good until patches - and in honesty only 03/04 saved it (which was amazing.).

What?!?!

Do you mean they have taken the concept, stuck with it, but refined and improved it?

What cunts.

Yeah, like when they manufacture faulty cars that kill people. They just change it a bit and it's fine.

Is it that hard to grasp people? Or are you all kneeling at the temple of fan boy worship still.

The defending made the game a horrible chore for a hell of a lot of people. Thats a fact, and many have said it on here.

elmo, are there any more camera options in the final version? The zoom feels a bit too far out for me in the demo.

Not sure what format you're on but there's already a camera patch for PC.

Also, the Master League Boots thing. It appears that all players start with the most basic PES boots, and even when they should be wearing Nike's or whatever they all end up with the generic coloured PES boots. I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter to the gameplay, but man, I do like to have players in nice boots. Hopefully it will be patched...

Well whether you like it or not I don't think the boots thing is something that will be patched out. It was a creative decision and something that's probably fairly inherent to the ML mode. You can just play normal leagues to get your "pretty boots" kicks. My copy better show up today so I can get stuck into MLO and the edit mode tonight! :)

Well whether you like it or not I don't think the boots thing is something that will be patched out. It was a creative decision and something that's probably fairly inherent to the ML mode. You can just play normal leagues to get your "pretty boots" kicks. My copy better show up today so I can get stuck into MLO and the edit mode tonight! :)

I mean a community made patch, not an official one. I know there's no chance of Konami changing it. Also what Troublegum said.

I'm no expert with footie games but to me It does feel like a breath of fresh air to players who haven't played it for some time - and have bought the last 3-4 updates of FIFA.

Its a whole new level if you can learn the skill moves properly but the training mode seems to be written as if your playing up the screen rather Left to right.

My only gripe is sometimes is doesn't feel consistantly tactile - like with tackling or getting balls.

By i'm only playing Master League so my player stats are pretty shite anyway but it could just be randomness programmed in (or maybe its context sensitive and i'm in the wrong context).

I like it though. Its got a spaciousness about it.

Yeah, like when they manufacture faulty cars that kill people. They just change it a bit and it's fine.

This could be my favourite thing I've ever read. And I've read bits of 50 Shades of Grey...

They released it, a lot of people liked it, they improved it, a lot of people will like it more.

I REALLY want this years PES to be as good as I've heard, I like FIFA but for some reason it just doesn't compare to the millions of wasted hours on PES 6 at Uni.

I'm not sure if this is messed up with defence. I've always found with PES that it's less about getting tackles in and more about getting men holding the line and blocking the goal. Do that and odds are the ball won't go in the net because you've minimised the options. I think while less satisfying that getting a boot in, it probably is a bit more realistic. Also fantastic fun when your opponent thinks he should be 10 up on you for all that "bad luck"

It arrived today, and I'm looking forward to giving it a blast later. Feels strange being excited about PES again. :)

Went for the PC version as I have a new MacBook Pro (bootcamp) and at £20 it would be rude not to. I wonder if that camera patch allows an overhead view...

No you can't, there is no regular league mode in the game. I wish I was joking.

You see, I had read this but also read that they were still there, just buried somewhere in the Master League section. But I have since seen Jon Murphy's (community manager) tweets saying he was going to ask Konami about it asap. If they aren't actually there, it seems like a massive oversight and would NEED to be patched in. Not that I'd be playing much mind, I'm all about Master League online. :)

Still crossing my fingers it'll be sitting in my house waiting for me when I get home. No word from the wifey yet. :/

It arrived today, and I'm looking forward to giving it a blast later. Feels strange being excited about PES again. :)

Went for the PC version as I have a new MacBook Pro (bootcamp) and at £20 it would be rude not to. I wonder if that camera patch allows an overhead view...

The ones for 2011 and 2012 certainly allowed you to just set any angle, distance etc you wanted so I don't see why not.

Please post impressions of the game anyone who has it, very interested in this now since reading a bit more about it...

So is Master League online basically Ultimate Team without all the card buying crap?

Does it have matchmaking as good as FIFAs? FIFA is fantastic at finding players of similar skill to your own with its league system.

Not having played Ultimate Team, nor this version of MLO, I can only comment on last years MLO. You basically get money for each match you play, the better you do the more money you get. With that money you buyplayers, and renew their contracts, in increments of 10, 20 and 50 games. The better a player is, the more expensive they are to buy and to have their contract renewed.

The more you win the higher your rating will be. Each week, depending on your rating, you get promoted or relegated, or stay in the same league. This league is what determines who you play. If you are in D5 you are more likely to draw a D5 team, if there are any free. If none are free you'll move up the leagues. Its certainly not uncommon to play D1 teams in this scenario, but if you win/draw against them you get more money and a higher rating. That's the basics of it. Does that help clarify? If that has changed in the new version, I will be updating tonight! :)

I was quite impressed by the Demo for this initially, especially the training mode which is well fun. Having played 3 or 4 games it just doesn't feel as fluid or realistic as FIFA does to me. Maybe I've been 'indoctrinated' by FIFA for too long, as my brain doesn't like the change.

The few things I noticed and didn't like:

- Animations don't look as realistic, and there is frequent clipping of legs/balls through other body parts that spoils things

- The ball feels too floaty when in the air

- Defending felt tough. I'd rather there be one button config for tackling than double-tapping A, and bringing another defender across with X seemed to do 99% of the tackling for me when defending, which is a shame as it felt a bit removed

- Keepers are still pretty awful

- Speed/speedy players feel quite nerfed, a number of times I had Messi through and yet everytime the defenders caught up with him - what's that about?

That said, I shall look at the incoming reviews with interest. I notice Eurogamer gave it a 9! There's enough to suggest that things have improved quite a bit since the last game, those down points above aside, and the allure of the Master League alone might mean I'll be tempted to pick it up sometime post-release.

So, played two games (United v weaker opposition on regular. PC version with PS3 pad). I haven't touched PES since the heady PS2 days, and I rarely touch football sims nowadays.

Aaand...I fucking love it. I barely know the controls, I have no idea how to tackle, do proper through balls and such, but it flowed nicely for me. Feels a bit more arcadey than the previous FIFA I played (11, I think), and I won both games comprehensively (3-0, 4-0).

Will be putting the hours in to get used to it. And downloading proper names and all that shit.

- Keepers are still pretty awful

HAVE to disagree with this. I absolutely love the keepers in this. They're so much more human than they are in FIFA. They can be caught off balance with dink shots and deflections, they dont catch every ball that's thumped at their heads, they even try and flick a ball round the post if it's a low shot.

They're great, one of the best things about PES IMO

Is anyone else getting fucked off with the Refs in this. So many harsh tackles, nowhere near the ball go unpunished. There's just not enough here to make me love it, in fact i'm not even enjoying it as much as i did PES2012

Just to clarify, are you saying this is worse than the demo, plays differently etc? Or just that the longer you play it, the more the niggles become noticeable? Its just i've spent ages on the demo and i personally think that is fucking immense.