IGNORED

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

Troublegum

Just to clarify, are you saying this is worse than the demo, plays differently etc? Or just that the longer you play it, the more the niggles become noticeable? Its just i've spent ages on the demo and i personally think that is fucking immense.

I really enjoyed the demo, didn't notice the things i've noticed here on that but that might be because of the extended time i've played the full game. It's just not clicking unless i'm attacking. When the ball is coming at me it seems to go to shit, especially with the animation and the collision stuff.

One other things that still gets me is how utterly terrible the presentation is. Commentary is worse than last year. I've experienced bugs where the guys repeat themselves twice straight away and had moments where they've reacted to a shot way after the keeper has kicked it back into play. The crowd sound arse and the soundtrack is grating too.

I loved PES2012 but this one still hasn't grabbed me.

Not been able to play it online yet though. Could make a big difference.

Also, can anyone really defend the fucking game plan menu with its limited information and mouse curser set up? It's awful.

I really enjoyed the demo, didn't notice the things i've noticed here on that but that might be because of the extended time i've played the full game. It's just not clicking unless i'm attacking. When the ball is coming at me it seems to go to shit, especially with the animation and the collision stuff.

One other things that still gets me is how utterly terrible the presentation is. Commentary is worse than last year. I've experienced bugs where the guys repeat themselves twice straight away and had moments where they've reacted to a shot way after the keeper has kicked it back into play. The crowd sound arse and the soundtrack is grating too.

I loved PES2012 but this one still hasn't grabbed me.

Not been able to play it online yet though. Could make a big difference.

Also, can anyone really defend the fucking game plan menu with its limited information and mouse curser set up? It's awful.

Personally I didn't have any problems with the defending on the demo, i must have spent hours on it. Liked how it was about holding play up and biding your time, felt great. I even thought the slide tackle and refs harsh punishment for its misuse was good, which seems to have been panned in a few reviews i've read.

Not too fussed about the other stuff you mentioned, though i actually preferred the presentation, animation, graphics on this to the Fifa demo, which i didn't like at all. Not bought a Pro Evo since 5, and only played Fifa 10 same room multiplayer, so i'm really, really looking forward to this and hoping that the full game can live up to the demo.

Cheers for the impressions!

Well actually got my first Master League Online match and its love all over again! Think the money is a bit stingy though. Can't remember if it gets better as you go on but signed Chicharito and Nick Powell and won my first game. No doubt future frustration beckons, but for now, alls good!

Got delivered this afternoon. Even though I bought PES 11+12, I must admit I didn't play hardly any of them even though I thought they were ok.

This time i'm really going to try and put the effort into learning moves and expanding my play choices rather than running around hardly doing anything like I did with the previous 2. I never played any of the game modes other than 1v1 against friends so i'm also determined to play other modes. So far i've only had chance to play through part of the training at the start but already feel like I know more than I ever have :)

Haven't had enough time with it yet but enjoying it. One thing that has starting pissing me off in both FIFA and PES these days is the obsession with realistic contact between players. I wouldn't mind if the player on the ball held on to it more often but you end up with comical back and forth between two players fighting over the ball. There are niggly fouls, that either aren't given (annoying) or are given leading to a boring freekick (annoying). Why not focus on players passing, moving, shooting? You know, the good stuff. All this impact engine crap just ruins the flow of the game.

Really? I think this is way slower than FIFA, that's part of the reason I prefer it.

It's slower, but I think it's also snappier in the sense that you don't feel you're waiting as long for a player animation to complete before making a connection with the ball. There's a real zip to the way you hit shots and passes in this that I just didn't get from FIFA.

It's slower, but I think it's also snappier in the sense that you don't feel you're waiting as long for a player animation to complete before making a connection with the ball. There's a real zip to the way you hit shots and passes in this that I just didn't get from FIFA.

The waiting for a player animation to finish has always been the worst thing about all the FIFA games, it is almost impossible to get off a quick shot in the box or a quick pass.

The waiting for a player animation to finish has always been the worst thing about all the FIFA games, it is almost impossible to get off a quick shot in the box or a quick pass.

Yeah, for me it's been taken to comical degrees in this latest one. I've played the demo for a good eight hours, and it seems unless you're in acres of space you've little chance of getting a shot away.

Haven't had enough time with it yet but enjoying it. One thing that has starting pissing me off in both FIFA and PES these days is the obsession with realistic contact between players. I wouldn't mind if the player on the ball held on to it more often but you end up with comical back and forth between two players fighting over the ball. There are niggly fouls, that either aren't given (annoying) or are given leading to a boring freekick (annoying). Why not focus on players passing, moving, shooting? You know, the good stuff. All this impact engine crap just ruins the flow of the game.

This. Fed up of the way players stumble and fall so often. FIFA12 went too far that way.

So far I'm liking it more than the other current-gen PES I have played. Become A Legend is fun, although how scoring five goals and a cross for an own goal in three games did not impress the manager is beyond me.

Not playing as a team maybe?

I'm sure the training levels are a bit borked. Even the Lob training bit i can't seem to do.

And you only have to press B. I note the joypad instructions appear to press RB but the text doesn't say that.

Yeah same here! Just cannot do it! Did it ok in the demo like...

Not playing as a team maybe?

I'm sure the training levels are a bit borked. Even the Lob training bit i can't seem to do.

And you only have to press B. I note the joypad instructions appear to press RB but the text doesn't say that.

On the demo I found lob it to the guy on the wing then run into the corner with him.

HAVE to disagree with this. I absolutely love the keepers in this. They're so much more human than they are in FIFA. They can be caught off balance with dink shots and deflections, they dont catch every ball that's thumped at their heads, they even try and flick a ball round the post if it's a low shot.

They're great, one of the best things about PES IMO

Maybe I was just unlucky but in the 3/4 games I had, the keeper spilled a number of slow shots, never caught anything & frequently had mares from simple crosses. Maybe it was Valdez having a nightmare.

Gotta agree with the above about how much more responsive shooting is vs FIFA though, love the idea of taking potshots being actually worth considering - unlike in FIFA when you've got no chance of hitting an unexpected effort & scoring generally.

Is there anywhere online for advice for this?

Anyone got any advice? Not touched PES since the PS2 days and all memory has escaped me. Currently struggling to slight wins on the normal difficulty. Finding getting the ball off the opposition quite hard without fouling.

Move into a position blocking the attacker (within 120 degrees in front of him usually to avoid a fail) and Hold A to block an attacker,

Whilst in this position - holding A (you won't move properly) - use LS into what you think is a good tackle position (so move to the front 120 degrees of him) and press A again to tackle. You can learn this one in new training skills but you'll have to bring a defender out usually as everyone else likely will be behind the attacker. You can always position a defending midfielder or two to help here and avoid commiting a defender

The normal tackling procedure is to Hold LB and A to put pressure on. You can also use a second player to assist (see commands - its normally the B button as well).

Don't fall into the trap of using defenders to come to far beyond the centre else you'll be counter attacked easier

Pass to midfields or Attack MF's and play from them to ensure the defenders hold their rough position whilst your attacking in the final third of the pitch. If you do this you can use defenders or midfielders to use that block more effectively as they'll be in a position in front.

Sliding is effective as long as your timing is accurate - this takes practise but generally any slide from in front of the attacker will take the ball off him. Time it wrong and you may incur a foul regardless.

Sliding from the side or even behind can work but you can lose the ball as your slide pushes the ball against you (towards your goal) and the attacker (or another) can get it again and continue the attack.

I'm totally fucked off with this. Its just SOOOOO frustrating.

Jumped straight into MLO (played the demo loads, though probably a mistake). and managed to draw my first 4 matches. Got the rank of Top Player. Then went on to lose everyone of the following 16 games with scores like 7-1, 9-0 etc. Players i bought, team i picked, formation i chose, tactics i put into action, none of it made any difference.

Most of the people i've played just get a single man and drbble the ball through my defense on ludicrous twiddly runs that result in a goal almost every time. Its nigh on impossible to defend against. Or they dink the ball over the defense for a 50/50 with a defender. Attacker always wins, resulting in a goal pretty much every time, seems impossible to do anything about it.

The worst thing though, is when i've managed to scrape through, get a goal on the break and be 1-0 up, come the final few minutes i always get, "Communication lost, this game has now been abandoned".