Pro Evolution Soccer 2013

Troublegum

I have had no such problems in MLO. It seems that your crap defensive players are less likely to get a hold of loose balls. I signed Jonny Evans, not a superstar by any means but, he does add assurance to the defence. (75 as opposed to the 63/64 I had in before) Next signing will most likely be Smalling to sit in alongside him. Make sure you make use of the full arsenal of all your defensive controls. Hold RT to jockey and block any gaps. RT+A to track the player and block his way to goal. A + direction to track player and get a certain distance from them. Double tap A to stick a foot in. RB + A to pressure hard. Slide tackle and bring in a second defender. Combining this myriad of defensive options makes defending, not easier, but more effective. It isn't very often players can waltz through the defence, like the previous version, in this I find when using the all defensive options available.

I'm loving MLO this year, it seems less harsh when coming up against "star players" although Villa rifled a shot from about 35yds past me today. Nothing you can do against that, no player skill, just Villa skill. Seems cheap at times. The one thing that does annoy me, is something I griped about in the last game and hoped would be fixed in this version. When playing a match online and you give away a free kick on the edge of the area, if the player waits long enough, the computer takes the shot for them, giving them an excellant chance to score. But again it is the most cheap and dirty tactic people will resort to. I make sure I take all my own frees, can't bring myself to cheat. But it does seem easier to defend the typical, run down the wing and play a low cross along the ground, situations. Only once have I conceded from it so far, but the situation has arose maybe 5/6 times. Previously that would have been 5/6 goals.

So my impressions are extremely positive! (Anyone know whether myPES is actually implemented this year? I haven't seen it.)

A word of warning about the Daymos 360 V1 option file, the game crashes when Data Pack 1 is installed. So, you can either have Data Pack 1 OR the option file installed. Any sign of of Data Pack 1 on a save file will also cause it to go wonky, even if you delete the dlc. The option file, though unfinished, is great and I highly recommend it over the official content any day.

What game settings are people using, as in assisted/unassisted and game speed?

I'm running on default. Seems the perfect speed to me.

MLO players - ensure you check your youth teams every few matches.

You'll often get at least a high 65-70 player that can bolster your team. I don't know why i'm saying this as everyone probably knows that but provided your winning they will assist you really well.

I have had no such problems in MLO. It seems that your crap defensive players are less likely to get a hold of loose balls. I signed Jonny Evans, not a superstar by any means but, he does add assurance to the defence. (75 as opposed to the 63/64 I had in before) Next signing will most likely be Smalling to sit in alongside him. Make sure you make use of the full arsenal of all your defensive controls. Hold RT to jockey and block any gaps. RT+A to track the player and block his way to goal. A + direction to track player and get a certain distance from them. Double tap A to stick a foot in. RB + A to pressure hard. Slide tackle and bring in a second defender. Combining this myriad of defensive options makes defending, not easier, but more effective. It isn't very often players can waltz through the defence, like the previous version, in this I find when using the all defensive options available.

I'm loving MLO this year, it seems less harsh when coming up against "star players" although Villa rifled a shot from about 35yds past me today. Nothing you can do against that, no player skill, just Villa skill. Seems cheap at times. The one thing that does annoy me, is something I griped about in the last game and hoped would be fixed in this version. When playing a match online and you give away a free kick on the edge of the area, if the player waits long enough, the computer takes the shot for them, giving them an excellant chance to score. But again it is the most cheap and dirty tactic people will resort to. I make sure I take all my own frees, can't bring myself to cheat. But it does seem easier to defend the typical, run down the wing and play a low cross along the ground, situations. Only once have I conceded from it so far, but the situation has arose maybe 5/6 times. Previously that would have been 5/6 goals.

So my impressions are extremely positive! (Anyone know whether myPES is actually implemented this year? I haven't seen it.)

Do you mind me asking what rating you are?

I'm only about 190, but for some reason, despite having things set to play similar rated players, it mostly puts me up against people around the 700 mark, who've got really strong teams with top international players. They're really quick and can rifle in 30yd wonder goals without my keeper even moving! Makes the game feel a bit unbalanced, as the best players can put together a team of superstars making them nigh on unbeatable, whilst the players who aren't so good are stuck with a poor squad and don't stand much of a chance.

I'm slowly getting there though. Defending well is all about using the cpu to pressure whilst sitting back and covering space. I've signed a couple of cheap but pacey defenders, and sat them deep to counter through balls, then signed Baros and Emerson for decent pace at the front. Seems to be working well, i've finally started winning games! :)

Biggest problem i've had though is just how much there is to take on board and get to grips with, both on and off the pitch. There's so much depth to the game it can feel a bit overwhelming, especially coming from Pro Evo on 3DS! One question i've still got is, is it the done thing to field a team full of all the shit players you want to release, in order to rake in plenty of cash when you let them go?

I've also experienced people "cheating" on free kicks, by standing a player on the goal line blocking the keeper from getting at the ball, which is quite frankly bollocks of the highest order, especially when they do it in the final few minutes to win a game.

I've installed all the files so can see the correct club names and kits etc., but is it possible to upload the latest squads?

Using that data file still shows van Persie and Song at Arsenal.

I've installed all the files so can see the correct club names and kits etc., but is it possible to upload the latest squads?

Using that data file still shows van Persie and Song at Arsenal.

I can't speak about the PS3 file but the 360 one has Van Persie at United and Song at Barcelona. What console are you on?

Anyone scored a header yet? Crosses can cause problems but nothing has come off yet. Corners are utterly useless. Am I doing something wrong?

I've scored a few but not enough considering the amount of crosses I've put in. You probably aren't doing anything wrong, heading is pretty awful and needs to be patched. I take most corners short now because otherwise it's a sure-fire way to lose possession rather than create a goal scoring chance.

Also, in Masters League (offline) I start in the Bundesliga 2 even with an english side. Is that meant to happen?

Also, yes. At the moment the D2 is only Bundesliga 2. As the patches get updated the additional 2nd divisions will be added.

I suspect the patch is buggering my game up. I run Master League, all is well, as soon as the game progresses a day to the first practice match it crashes. Frustrating.

Needs to be run as admin

I figured that out in the end!

Also, yes. At the moment the D2 is only Bundesliga 2. As the patches get updated the additional 2nd divisions will be added.

I suspect the patch is buggering my game up. I run Master League, all is well, as soon as the game progresses a day to the first practice match it crashes. Frustrating.

Apparently disabling the kitserver for the first game and then enabling it afterwards sorts that out. I had no problem playing with the patch last night.

Does the d2 thing mean we're limited to just the German leagues? Last time I played a Pes game I'm pretty sure masters league was just a big 3 or 4 tier european league!

Edit: Just started another new game and actually got the option to choose which league I start in. Pretty sure this didn't happen before!

I figured that out in the end!

Apparently disabling the kitserver for the first game and then enabling it afterwards sorts that out. I had no problem playing with the patch last night.

Does the d2 thing mean we're limited to just the German leagues? Last time I played a Pes game I'm pretty sure masters league was just a big 3 or 4 tier european league!

Edit: Just started another new game and actually got the option to choose which league I start in. Pretty sure this didn't happen before!

Yeah, the first ML I started asked me what team to choose, but not what league to start in. As far as I know the league you are in in ML can be set to anything you like, but there is only one D2 below your league (so if you start in the Prem the D2 will be attached to that, the other 3 leagues in ML won't have a D2).

So yeah, at the moment, even if you pick the Premier league, the D2 will be Bundesliga B. The other D2's will eventually be added, and you can set which one you want loaded from the pesedit selector. Last year i think it took about 3 weeks for thr prem D2 to get included. I've started as a German Team to play it a bit and get used to it and will start a proper ML once the patch is updated...

Can I ask how one goes about disabling Kitserver as you mentioned?

Anyone scored a header yet? Crosses can cause problems but nothing has come off yet. Corners are utterly useless. Am I doing something wrong?

Not scored a header myself, but in Legend I've crossed for teammates to score some ace diving headers, and one corner from me led to an own goal...

This game really is Billy Bullshit! Its one of the most unbalanced and unfair games i've ever played, well at least MLO is.

I'm playing the 360 version and have just hit a rating of 0. Yes, you read that right....0. Mainly because, for some reason, the game keeps matching me with the World's best players, who are ranked 990 something or some such shit. I can give them a game, but there's no chance of ever winning. They can afford the kind of players who can magically shoot the ball, like bullets from a machine gun, into the back of the net, from almost on the halfway line........4-5 times a game. Or defenders that are like brick walls, yet move like shit off a shovel, and can also head the ball like they're on steroids. Or AMFs that play through balls like they're on fucking rails. Its bod all to do with skill. I'll never be able to afford these players either, and enjoy competing on an even level, because its almost impossible to actually win a game, with the team i can afford. Total bollocks!

The whole Rival Ranking seems to be flawed too, basically comes down to who can play the game the most in a week.

This game really is Billy Bullshit! Its one of the most unbalanced and unfair games i've ever played, well at least MLO is.

I'm playing the 360 version and have just hit a rating of 0. Yes, you read that right....0. Mainly because, for some reason, the game keeps matching me with the World's best players, who are ranked 990 something or some such shit. I can give them a game, but there's no chance of ever winning. They can afford the kind of players who can magically shoot the ball, like bullets from a machine gun, into the back of the net, from almost on the halfway line........4-5 times a game. Or defenders that are like brick walls, yet move like shit off a shovel, and can also head the ball like they're on steroids. Or AMFs that play through balls like they're on fucking rails. Its bod all to do with skill. I'll never be able to afford these players either, and enjoy competing on an even level, because its almost impossible to actually win a game, with the team i can afford. Total bollocks!

The whole Rival Ranking seems to be flawed too, basically comes down to who can play the game the most in a week.

Yeah justget beter stop whinnin game is amazin, so man if you dontl ike go play fifa where balance is fair for youi shitty skilz.

I don't get your rant FA. Yes you can get matched against the top players but I really don't think it can possibly be as often as you suggest. I'm in the mid 300s, by no means a great player, but I win games and have only been drawn against teams higher than 500 maybe 3 times.

Also my advice would be to make sure any time you renew contracts you at least get 20 game contracts. It costs you less in the long run and allows you time to build up money to buy better players. But yeah, its not easy for newcomers to the game and using the better players may seem like a cheat, but organised defending negates most of your arguments in my opinion.

Also on the note of headers, I dont find them that difficult really. Less prolific than 2012 but that's a good thing. Its more about getting yourself into good position in the box when the ball's coming in.

Right, this is properly clicking for me now... After 10 or so games I was starting to feel like it was just too similar to 2012 and had all the same faults, but the last 5 or 6 games have been a complete revelation.

Some of the things that make it so good are, off the ball movement of your team mates in both defence and attack, intelligent runs and intelligent positioning to cover, the weight and accuracy of passing and the choices of types of pass - this is the first Pro Evo this gen where I don't feel like I'm fighting the control scheme. The first touch allows you to play much more precisely and quickly.

The defending is just :wub: . I have not conceded a single goal that wasn't my fault.

Only just starting to try and experiment with some of the flashier controls, the run-around etc. It really feels like the last gen, where you mastered the basic framework, then could begin building layers of expertise on top to your own preference.

I'm only playing ML offline by the way...

EDIT: Also, anyone on PC having problems with ML crashing using the PesEdit patch, just delete the unnamed_1977 file from the dt0f folder. I previously had crashes always before the 1st match then apparently random ones thereafter. This is rather less tedious than detatching and reattaching kitserver at every game...