IGNORED

Vinyl lovers

Oh Danny Boy

16 hours ago, Ste_S said:

The vinyl manufactured during the 70s oil crisis are nearly flexi-discs, but still sound great.

It's only the grooves that matter. Thicker discs are just a marketing thing. 

On 07/05/2022 at 09:20, Lovelyman said:

It's only the grooves that matter. Thicker discs are just a marketing thing. 

Isn’t the point with thicker discs that you can have deeper grooves for a louder/clearer master? Also weight might have some effect on stability of rotation speed and therefore playback sound quality i guess.

49 minutes ago, lankysanchez said:

Isn’t the point with thicker discs that you can have deeper grooves for a louder/clearer master? Also weight might have some effect on stability of rotation speed and therefore playback sound quality i guess.

To a point, but the grooves are never deeper than those you could make in a Flexi. Two sides obviously doubles that. 

I'd suspect if the weight is adding anything to the stability of rotation then it's marginal and would not fix any issues with your turntable. 

• 5 weeks later...

Is there anyone here who can help me track down a rare-ish record? My girlfriend is starting a record collection and she’s a big fan of Aussie singer Kate Miller-Heidke, particularly her Nightflight album. I want to get her a copy of it on vinyl for her collection (it was released on vinyl in 2012, possibly only in Australia), but it turns out it’s incredibly hard to find. I have googled to no avail - can anyone help me track down a copy? Help me Rllmuk, you’re my only hope. 

14 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

Is there anyone here who can help me track down a rare-ish record? My girlfriend is starting a record collection and she’s a big fan of Aussie singer Kate Miller-Heidke, particularly her Nightflight album. I want to get her a copy of it on vinyl for her collection (it was released on vinyl in 2012, possibly only in Australia), but it turns out it’s incredibly hard to find. I have googled to no avail - can anyone help me track down a copy? Help me Rllmuk, you’re my only hope. 

None for sale on Discogs but one sold in December for €100+. 

Your best bet would be to set up an alert for that one vinyl version and fingers crossed from there. 

https://www.discogs.com/release/3827574-Kate-Miller-Heidke-Nightflight

On 08/06/2022 at 09:21, jon_cybernet said:

What Kingpin said plus set up an eBay search alert. 

• 2 weeks later...