rllmuk
Oh Danny Boy

vinyl lovers

They have free worldwide shipping on their vinyl releases.

Why can't everyone be like this? I was ordering some stuff from Erased Tapes and it cost me a fortune.

This. Most vinyl is overpriced already to cash in on the hype, then the cheeky fuckers add 5 quid or so postage at most dealers or discogs sellers
  • Upvote 1

So this happened last night! Fed up with my flaky and noisy project essential so i bought a 1210 mk2 on gumtree to go with the new Sufjan and dumping the project as faulty on ebay. Happy Days I've always wanted a technics. Jesus its heavy!

post-1433-0-77927600-1427887535_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

Ha, I remember buying a pair of 1200's (in metal flight cases) from cash converters back in about 1999. The shop was only about a 15 minute walk from my house but me and my younger cousin struggled home with one each and my arms were absolutely killing me by the time we got there.

Home much did that cost you?

Thanks Kernow and Rev, I ended up returning the amp for a new one, no problems with his one now. I shake it and move it and nothing cuts out. Must have been the amp. I guess lightning just struck twice, my last amp was a vintage second hand one so no surprise it picked up a few issues, just sods law that the new one had the same.

Thanks for the help, appreciated.

What album is that? I like the art work.

One bit of advice would be that if you find yourself to start amassing a decent amount of vinyl to upgrade the turntable. I had one of those plastic automatic turntables when i started out, a load of respectable companies attach their name on them; Sony and Pioneer for example, and give them different names but they are all the same. They come with some major issues; they can scratch records, the lack of counter weight means that they can easily skip or jump on the slightest imperfection, I found even on records which have no faults. I used to have to go over some of my records with a fine tooth comb to get them working on it. I also had a strange issue where on a couple of records the needle used to literally not sit in the groove and just bounced like a pogo stick across the record surface. You don't get good sound from them either. Once I upgraded I found listening to vinyl a much more enjoyable experience.

What's the deal with fitting a different cartridge if they are both similar on tracking weight? Just fit it and check alignment?

Great album RTJ2. Unfortunately the vinyl cut misses one of the highlights, the female rap turn in "Love Again" :(

They should've gone for an alternate tracklisting for the LP release. Surely the whole entire point of the song was the final verse.

• Upvote 1

Shit, I've got the version without! Didn't know they did a repress the bastards!

Oh well, I am not shelling out another £25 on it.

Just ordered a record from canada. The postage was as much as the fucking record! Is that normal? It was from discogs.

Yeah, or depending on the record it will quite often be more. Canadian/US post is stupid expensive where records are concerned.

For US imports, check out Amazon UK for a seller called all_your_music (also on Ebay) - This is the better way to order from the States etc.

For US imports, check out Amazon UK for a seller called all_your_music (also on Ebay) - This is the better way to order from the States etc.

Sadly he doesn't have it (probably due to it being a Canadian exclusive) but I'll certainly be looking at him in the future. I've still only paid £21 which I'm perfectly happy with for one of my favourite albums, but it still rankles.

Canadian Post is the worst of all. Silent Season (BC based electronic/ambient label) were complaining about it vociferously.

Canadian Post is the worst of all. Silent Season (BC based electronic/ambient label) were complaining about it vociferously.

I dont find their postage rates to bad.....however Captured Tracks vinyl releases cost an arm and a leg to ship from New York to the UK. They too complained about it but there was nothing they could do about it. i used to order much more from them but now leave it to just limited editions I really want.

I also got an email about the It Follows soundtrack sayng that they have sold out even though I pre-ordered it a while ago. Thankfully the are pressing a second edition which should be released soon.

Absolute waste of money, especially the coloured vinyl album, as they always look fake (even if it was official!). It might be worth a lot of money if it had unique music on it, or different edits etc., but to pay £500 for an album you already own just because its on coloured wax is mad.

Unless you are the bidder? :D

I saw that was out on vinyl and was tempted but didn't want to buy it and find it was the 'rocked up' second version of it. Is it the original production?

I saw that was out on vinyl and was tempted but didn't want to buy it and find it was the 'rocked up' second version of it. Is it the original production?

Oo-er, I'm not sure to be honest! Not had a chance to listen to it yet, either...

Yeah, I got the original CD when it came out and it seemed to be deleted fairly quickly. But I think the original production probably has the better rep, particularly as time's gone on, so I wouldn't have thought it'd be totally out of the question. More likely it's the second version though, I agree.

Edit: Yeah, looking at a couple of the Discogs listings the band who did the second version are credited so I guess that's what it is.

Bought some Big Barry this week, some 80's cheese, but the middle album (with his wife) is pretty good. Slowly getting all of his albums and nearly done, mostly because my wife enjoys them. There are quite a few BW albums, and the vast majority of them are not available on CD, or digitally.

post-13077-0-53486800-1428850921_thumb.j

That OurPrice sticker reminds me of two things I hated about them at the time.. Firsly that no one every removed it once they bought it (I hate that, total disrepect of the music IMO to leave the price sticker on it!) and secondly that those fucking stickers used to bring half the sleeves laminate coating off with it. Why did fucking OurPrice stick them directly onto the cover the tools! That particular sticker has been on that sleeve since 1983, no way its coming off now!

I kind of like it when you get old stickers on stuff, it can give you a bit of a nostalgia rush. Like those yellow exclamation mark stickers you used to get on mid-price CDs.