IGNORED

F1 season 5 IS OVER!

Meers

Dilemma  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eurgh, horrible race from me. Guess I should be very pleased to have salvaged 2nd in the end.

Managed to lose the wing twice following tiny lock ups that slammed me in to the wall. The first one came after 4 laps which totally screwed my strategy.

Lonely thereafter. My setup was seriously shit in the race - guess that's what happens when you don't get any race practice in! It was just totally unpredictable for about 25 of the 31 laps. The back end was all over the shop, with the rear tyres apparently setting on fire according to the little swipe thingy.

Well done to Mike. Think you might have been the only one of us not to lose their front wing!

Well done Mike on the win, not much to say about my race odd incident with Kingford which I should really expect from this game by now otherwise a quiet race surprised that I only broke 2 wings I had plenty more close saves which I do enjoy so it was a worthwhile race for me at least.

Merry Christmas and I'll see all of you gentleman in 2013 :D

Results:

Qualifying:

Mike

Marmite

Snowman

Joyce

Rice

Moodmon

Picasso

Meerman

Race:

Mike

Marmite

Snowman

Rice

Picasso

Moodmon

Meerman

Joyce DNF

Fastest Lap:

Marmite: 1.44.464

Mike: 1.45.548

Snowman: 1.46.570

:hat: to everyone who turned up despite the track/limited numbers/million and one other things we could be doing in the week before Xmas.

Bit annoyed I didn't do the hatrick and get the fastest lap. Once I saw Marmite drop way back near the end I knew he'd be in because of a wing and have nice options do win that when I thought I had him defeated!

Funny thing was I was on an awesome lap just before I pitted which would have been good enough on the primes. Lost it in a really innocuous spot though right at the end of the lap as the girlfriend walked in to the room. Doh.

Was nice to get a few more laps on the options at least. Nearly the whole race on primes felt really tedious.

My race was terrible, as predicted. This would have never resulted in a 7th spot during a normal turnout race. :lol:

Oh well, I had managed a flow at a certain point and started to enjoy it. Until my mind wandered off and I started playing with the buttons on my wheel. I missed plenty of braking points that way. :facepalm:

I did find a good setup though, which still needs tweaking as my gears were too long - I never reached 7th gear! And once again it reminded me that the handling model in this game is the mutt's nuts. More practice next time though.

Im in my 5th season on career mode. Each time i have done Singapore with no issues whatsoever, then last night, boom into the wall! Lol. Think i was trying to push to hard to get past marmite. Oh Well, onto the next race! Myoo we got some work too do to get that 2nd place constructors back!

I am counting down the days till this season is finished so I can bin it. Which I say every time now. It was all going so well.

Slight snafu in qualifying. Go out again, only forgot to change tyres. Deep. Also forgot that I need to change gear on start. Then, somehow, everyone died. Nosebleed time as I somehow get into second, by not crashing. Have to pit early as tyres done and I start getting my own Trulli train.

Come out around third. The other Merc on my tail. He is closing, but not massive amounts a lap. Then this shitty game screws me over yet again. Last corner, take it as normal clipping kerb. Only this time game decides 'Nope'. I shoot off to left, but still refuse to crash. Only I am in pits, and cannot get out. So forced pit stop.

Annoying. Plan was to have two prime sets so tyres did not die, and just avoid the walls. Which would have worked, I think I would have been top 4. But game put me on primes and I would need to stop again. Race ruined.

At this point work and everything else just drained all my energy. Even told myself to concentrate, but so angry at game it all went to shit and I went backwards and into walls continually.

To add insult to injury game told me to pit on lap 24 for last stop. Seems reasonable enough, I will come in for another set of primes...? Oh fuck you game. Okay, I should have checked but come on. At this point just plain gave up.

The middle part of race after incident was all me. Yet I swear the kerbs in this game will just decide you are going to die. If I was doing badly due to being slow that would be ok. I just feel I can blame the game for some of this shit. Do not even get me started on how the game decides you need to reverse despite having about a metre between the car and wall.

NNNRRRGGHHHH!

Hi all, remember me? Hope everyone is having a nice holiday and fun with the new game. Came on to post that I won't be there for racing in the league next year... I said I'll be back in Jan but I've only gone and made a noisy, messy little guy who is relentless in shitting all over the place. And to be honest this parenting gig in general has caught me and the missus off completely guard.... there's so much stuff I have no idea/still can't get a handle of. I'm just tired tired all the time. Mostly we're winging it and nowadays it's just work - baby time - sleep (which in itself is interrupted by baby time), These holidays have been a much needed relief. Haven't had time to switch the Xbox on or even think about F1. I did watch the last race of the season though, inbetween cleaning poo off the sofa due to my rubbish nappy changing skills.

I might be on some time next year, when baby Gary has settled into a sleeping routine of sorts. Interestingly you might be seeing more of me online using the mobile than console gaming, my contract was up and went for the Nokia Lumia.

*not really Gary

This Gary thing is so distracting. Mainly as I am actually Gary.

Everyone is Gary round here.

Good Xmas everyone I hope. I'm looking forward to racing again. Seems like a long time ago since I booted the game up. I quite fancy getting back into it again. :)

8th? Fuck sake, im back home then and down in Wiltshire on a 2 day course for my Officer stuff. >.<

Ignore this had to reschedule my course for another day, ill be there. Get practicing Monza! 1 week 1 day to go! :)

Hey Meers, if you're still looking for a job I found this video which had a number of career suggestions. Might be helpful for you :/\

(... and for everyone else, apparently this guy is the long running mascot of Dutch TV)

I was about to ask who is this guy, but thanks for clearing that up! Everyone ready for Tuesday?

Apologies to Mr Joyce. Normally what happens is I try and convince Kingford to practice, he goes to play PC games and I end up forever alone. So as I was off yesterday glorious Team Mercedes went for a run on Monza.

Only due to my...opinion...of the game we tend to do up to the first stint to try the tyres, then do something else. Your timing was just as Kingford was about to pit. He then went to play all those PC games he really likes.

Did I mention he likes the PC games?

I am going to get killed for that. Seriously.

In other news I am almost looking forward to Tuesday. Whether it is the break or Monza having about five corners I don't know but it seemed to go okay even racing the wonderful AI.