IGNORED

Is Under Siege 2 the worst film ever? A Steven Seagal Thread

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Under Siege 2 isn't all bad. It has Brenda Bakke in it for a start. And Kurtwood Smith. And Eric Bogosian isn't bad. Even the mercenary bloke out of Twin Peaks (and the other one, out of the mask) does what he can.

The only problem - and stop me if you've heard this before - is Steven Segal. He never, ever, seems to be in danger. Even the big fight against the lead mercenary consists of him just beating the shit out of him and not taking a punch.

Seagal isn't even running for his life in that scene, he's just out for a light jog. It really doesn't suit the scene at all and it has me in stitches everytime :lol:

I watched it again recently and that was one thing that stood out :lol:

The only problem - and stop me if you've heard this before - is Steven Segal. He never, ever, seems to be in danger. Even the big fight against the lead mercenary consists of him just beating the shit out of him and not taking a punch.

True. It's kind of his trademark, it seems. Most other action stars get the shit kicked out of them at some point, but it's a rarity for Seagal.

Also, anyone else find it funny how Seagal only moves his upper body when fighting. There's never much in the way of kicks. There's a scene in one of his films -- Nico, I think -- where he drops to his knees to give armed robbers in a convenience store more of a fighting chance. Seems silly, as he never moves his legs anyway!

True. It's kind of his trademark, it seems. Most other action stars get the shit kicked out of them at some point, but it's a rarity for Seagal.

I actually like that. Makes for a nice change from the cliched 'hero getting beaten up but coming through in the end' in nearly every other action film. The best one is Out for Justice, in which Seagal beats seven shades of shit out of William Forsythe.

I actually like that. Makes for a nice change from the cliched 'hero getting beaten up but coming through in the end' in nearly every other action film. The best one is Out for Justice, in which Seagal beats seven shades of shit out of William Forsythe.

Yeah I agree, it's one of the reasons I like Seagals films. There's no pretences about any 'back and forth' dramatic moments in a Seagal film, you are there to watch him break bones and fuck people up. Out For Justice is a great one, my other favourite is Screwface being fucked up in Marked For Death. Great one liner at the end of that fight as well.

Executive Decision was great BECAUSE he dies five minutes in, and then Kurt Russell takes over.

If Seagal had lived in that the film would have been a lot shorter. No dilly dallying shit here, he would have just dandered around the plane dodging bullets and breaking necks.

Oh ryodi, you've reminded me of the Ryback running through train part at the end. The brilliant thing is, Seagal isn't even running for his life in that scene, he's just out for a light jog. It really doesn't suit the scene at all and it has me in stitches everytime :lol:

That's because Seagal is so hardcore that even fire doesn't want to f**k with him.

I sat through all of Under Seige 2 and enjoyed some of it. I had to leave the room halfway through Daredevil and stay away from sharp objects.

Actually, if you ever get the chance, give the director's cut of Daredevil a bit more time. The whole film was originally structured around a courtroom drama that connects all of the crimes in the film. It was cut out for pacing which was lunacy, because it tears out the entire "spine" of the movie. Its inclusion doesn't make it a brilliant film, but it lifts it from "quite shit" to "OK".

I always found it weird that Executive Decision is in a Steven Seagal box set that I've got. There are plenty of other shit Seagal films that he actually stars in that they could have used instead.

That film caused a bit of a stir in Hollywood because loads of Seagal fans went to see it, then were miffed because he dies so fast. Admittedly, he has top billing on the poster and in the trailer, so it was a little bit off.

i love it too. the bad guy is up there with Fisher Stevens in Hackers and it has my favourite Seagull quip of all time, in response to the young black porter (lol) who is overwhelmingly impressed by everything he does:

[steven Seagull has been shot and is bleeding]

'hey man my brother you been shot!!'

'you think this is shot? this isn't shot.'

:huh:

Out For Justice is a great one, my other favourite is

I love Out for Justice. He bascially just drives around with that dog he finds, stopping to go into places and batter the fuck out of people. I don't think he takes a punch the whole film and that includes a pool room brawl in which it's about 15 rent-a-goons versus him.

Plus, he wears a beret. Win.

Wow, Nico! I had a timecoded pirate of that prior to its release. He had four really quick releases - Nico, Marked For Death, Hard to Kill and Out for Justice. But then he went one better and directed On Deadly Ground! A film about saving the planet in which he blows up half of Alaska! Absolutely awesome movie!