IGNORED

Is Under Siege 2 the worst film ever? A Steven Seagal Thread

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've heard of it as Nico (a resident of bargain bins everywhere), but not Above the Law. That's probably why I sort of assumed it was thrown in as a crap filler or something. I'll be watching that today then.

It was a long time ago but I remember it being pretty decent.

Wow, Nico! I had a timecoded pirate of that prior to its release. He had four really quick releases - Nico, Marked For Death, Hard to Kill and Out for Justice. But then he went one better and directed On Deadly Ground! A film about saving the planet in which he blows up half of Alaska! Absolutely awesome movie!

another personal favourite. I love the opening scene when he provokes a bar fight and smashes it to pieces because someone insults native Americans or something? Also he wears a dress in this movie. A+++ 10/10

Nico's one of Seagals best films, genuinely great film that IMO. The one thing I remember most about Seagals films is how they always tended to be edited for arm/leg breaking at the time they came out :lol: Not so much now though, I don't think I've seen On Deadly Ground uncut yet. Must get round to sorting that out soon.

As for On Deadly Ground, Lee Ermey does a great job with some great one liners:

this also seems like a great time to bring up my favourite Hollywood story: on the set of one of his films Seagull challenged anyone to put him in a hold and keep him in it. A stuntman who moonlit as a bouncer put him in a chokehold and Seagull blacked out and shit himself, then made everyone sign an NDA

I like this one from Sylvester Stallone as well.

I remember one time at my home in Miami, I think it was in 1996 or 1997, Jean Claude Van Damme was there with Steven Seagal, Bruce Willis, Arnie, Shaquille O'Neal, Don Johnson and Madonna. It was a heck of a party. Van Damme was tired of Seagal saying he could kick his ass and went right up to him and offered him the chance to step outside so he could wipe the floor with him, or should I say wipe the backyard with him. Seagal made some excuse and left.

After Seagal excused himself and left Sly's home, Van Damme couldn't let it go. He went searching for him that night and found Seagal at a Miami club he was known to frequent. He challenged him again and once again Seagal slipped out the back. Sly went on to say that he believed Van Damme would have taken Seagal based upon sheer determination.

there are so many hilarious stories about Seagal. he used to claim he worked for the CIA. he moved to Japan, opened a dojo and renamed himself in Japanese to something that translates to 'the path to enlightenment'. He's been known to insist he is the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama. Hollywood legend.

If you want a laugh when it comes to Seagals films there's a book called Seagalogy written by Vern from AICN. It's pretty funny and easy light reading. I can't stand that site in general but always liked his reviews as he tends to do a lot of the straight to video action films, especially Seagals.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagalogy-Ass-Kicking-Steven-Updated-Edition/dp/0857687220/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344774275&sr=8-1

My Seagal boxset contains:

Nico

Out for Justice

Under Siege

Under Siege 2

Executive Decision

The Glimmer Man

Fire Down Below

Exit Wounds

Under Siege, Nico, and Executive Decision are the only ones unwrapped. Which is the best of the rest? I feel like I should watch The Glimmer Man after that story on the other page.

I think Glimmer Man and Exit Wounds are great films, everything after Exit Wounds sucks massive donkey dick. It's a bit cringy nowadays with all the rappers in it (what was it with early 00's action films being stuffed full of moron rappers?) but the action scenes are great - especially when Seagal shoots down a helicoptor with a pistol lol.

Out for Justice is my fave Seagal film it's fucking wicked.

• No Sleep Till Brooklyn!
  • Machete through hand at shop
  • Snooker ball and sock bitch slapping
  • Ritchie being a massive dickhead
  • Bloke that gets leg blowed off by shotgun
  • Cooking with Gino and Ritchie finale

The region 1 (uncut) version of Marked for Death has some awesome snaps and kills in it as well, don't buy the region 2 it's cut to hell like Commando.

That's actually a pretty good boxset, Fire Down Below is pretty crap though but most of his good stuff is in there

Hard To Kill's pretty decent as well, has one of my favourite Seagal one liners in it too 'This is for my wife, fuck you and DIE' *kick to head* Had me in stitches when he awakens from his coma and within the space of 20mins he's banging Kelly LeBrock :lol:

Anyone seen his True Justice tv show ? I believe they released it as a series and as some tv movies, just wondering if they're much cop (i'm going to assume not but you never know)

Hard To Kill's pretty decent as well, has one of my favourite Seagal one liners in it too 'This is for my wife, fuck you and DIE' *kick to head* Had me in stitches when he awakens from his coma and within the space of 20mins he's banging Kelly LeBrock :lol:

Anyone seen his True Justice tv show ? I believe they released it as a series and as some tv movies, just wondering if they're much cop (i'm going to assume not but you never know)

My fave line in Hard to Kill is when the senator on TV says 'AND YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!' and Seagal goes 'I'll take you to the bank. The BLOOD BANK'. It's hilarious.

True Justice is true shit. I got 'Dark Vengeance' on blu ray of my mom for xmas (bless her) and it was basically a compilation of episodes from his TV show edited into a feature length shitfest. straight down CEX that one went. Sorry mom.

My fave line in Hard to Kill is when the senator on TV says 'AND YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!' and Seagal goes 'I'll take you to the bank. The BLOOD BANK'. It's hilarious.

True Justice is true shit. I got 'Dark Vengeance' on blu ray of my mom for xmas (bless her) and it was basically a compilation of episodes from his TV show edited into a feature length shitfest. straight down CEX that one went. Sorry mom.

Hmm you see that's got me curious. You're talking to someone who's watched so much of his low budget shite so I honestly don't think I could see much worse. It's at least supposed to have OK action and him actually speaking with his own voice :D Maybe it'll be on Netflix/Lovefilm.

True Justice in order of broadcast.

1, Deadly Crossing

2, Dark Vengeance

3, Street Wars

4, Lethal Justice

5, Brotherhood

6, Urban Warfare

Yep, Nico/Above The Law is a must see.

When faced with 5 armed bad guys.

Bad guy: "I don't think you can drop us all, badass."

Shoots bad guy in chest.

"You're right. But I'll get an 'A' for effort."

"You guys think you're above the law. Well you ain't above mine"

Anyone seen Eye of the Tiger?

It has a scene where Busey covers a giant Looney Tunes-esque stick of dynamite in lube and shoves it up a bad guy's arse.

Everyone should experience it once in their lifetime, preferably in company and inebriated.

Sadly I am alone and stone cold sober, but I couldn't wait to see this slice of madness. Gary Busey is off his face on a good day, so the prospect of watching him ham it up in a z-list action flick is too tempting to resist.

Some charitable soul has uploaded the whole thing to Youtube, so I'm going through it now:

I was going to post his crazy interview footage, but shit... had no idea he suffered actual brain damage in a biking accident. A shit waste of a promising career. :(

...meanwhile in Seagal world.

:lol: :lol:

Yep, Nico/Above The Law is a must see.

When faced with 5 armed bad guys.

Bad guy: "I don't think you can drop us all, badass."

Shoots bad guy in chest.

"You're right. But I'll get an 'A' for effort."

Bravo. That's next on the watch list. :)

My favourite Seagal film, is one of his semi recent ones called Belly Of The Best. His wrist flicks send bad guys rocketing across the room, and the end fight is set to the backdrop of monks chanting and an evil shaman smoldering away. It's one of the most surreal things I've ever seen in a film.

Here's a part of the fight where his slightest touch inverts the gravity of anyone he touches: