rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Robo_1

Gamescom 2012 - Ubisoft Conference Happening Now

I don't get why Nintendo is skipping Gamescom this year. With 3DS doing well and Wii U releasing in a few months, you'd think they would have every reason in the world to want the spotlight of the gaming press on them at this moment. Are they holding their own conference or something?

I don't get why Nintendo is skipping Gamescom this year. With 3DS doing well and Wii U releasing in a few months, you'd think they would have every reason in the world to want the spotlight of the gaming press on them at this moment. Are they holding their own conference or something?

There's rumours going round that they're doing their own shown somewhere in September (not in Europe, mind!). Poss. after TGS. So, maybe they're completely focussing their time and energy on that?

I'll be going tomorrow and stay until Sunday. Wednesday should be good, as it's industry only that day.

Looking forward to playing Hitman, seeing The Last of Us, playing or at least seeing Ubi's promising line-up (AC3, AC Liberation, FC3, Rayman Legends, ZombiU), Dishonored, Unfinished Swan and tons more.

Looking forward to it. :)

If anybody else is going, let me know, I have a busy enough program as it is, but I can always squeeze in some beers and burgers.

There is a live premiere of multiplayer Black Ops 2 footage streaming via the Xbox Dashboard at 5pm BST on Wednesday too :)

Sony are supposed to be showing off two new IPs, one for Move and the other a Japan Studio joint. Presumably the former is Until Dawn, so perhaps Rain is the latter; my guess would be a downloadable PS3/Vita title.

EA have to announce NFS: Most Wanted for Vita at GamesCom if it's coming out close to the other versions. I suspect we might hear about Ghost Recon: Final Mission, too.

Well done to Robo 1 for making that epic opening post.

Can I (cheekily) request the first post get updated with links to specific games' videos once the dust settles?

Well done to Robo 1 for making that epic opening post.

Can I (cheekily) request the first post get updated with links to specific games' videos once the dust settles?

Thanks and yeah, I'll work something out with regards updates. :)

• Upvote 2

I didn't think they'd even be showing Tekken x Street Fighter until at least a year after Street Fighter x Tekken's release. The did say it would be a long way off. And I'm not sure they'd be announcing it so close to Tekken Tag 2's launch.

I'm always wrong, though.

Sega are also having a press conference on August 16th, there's an 'Unannounced title' in their list of games so we should find out what that is. I would love for it to be Yakuza 5 getting a western release but it could be another digital release of one of their older games.

Sega are also having a press conference on August 16th, there's an 'Unannounced title' in their list of games so we should find out what that is. I would love for it to be Yakuza 5 getting a western release but it could be another digital release of one of their older games.

Like a western digital release of Yakuza 1 and 2 HD! :D

Nintendo europe/japan hate Multi platform shows, have done since the Snes days. There is always a big uncertainty over if they will bother to turn up to them, E3 aside.

I'm really struggling to find anywhere with reliable live updates for the upcoming Capcom show. If anyone finds a site with a good live blog, let me know and I'll update the OP.

DMC is sounding great. I know it's got a lot of ill will running against, but I'm looking forward to it.

Is Lost Planet 3 Capcom's big announcement then or did we already know about that?

Yep im sure its been about before (i think magazine scans and trailers), but i think this is its first main showcase (even a 3ds version about). I do not think this is a the big announcement