IGNORED

Npower League 2

neoELITE

WTF?

Barnet FC tonight announce the signing of Dutch legend and former Barcelona, Juventus, Ajax and AC Milan midfielder Edgar Davids.

Davids will become joint Head Coach and will form an equal partnership alongside Mark Robson who tonight said "I am delighted to welcome Edgar to our club. His experience as a player throughout his illustrious career will be a massive benefit to all our players and I look forward to forming a strong partnership with him".

As entertaining as this is, I can't see this working out well for us. I can't see a joint coaching system working, or Davids maintaining any sort of interest, and the last time we got in a big name ex pro (Tony Cottee) we were relegated.

Barnet vs Plymouth today.

It's an unusual signing for Barnet and apparently, they're his local side. He had a short spell at Palace where he played six games and he described his time at Palace as "one of the greatest experiences of my life" - although as a comparison, he did play for Barcelona, Inter, AC Milan and Juventus and he's won the Champions League, the UEFA cup and several Serie A and Eredivisie titles. When clubs like this sign players like this, it's brilliant for a week as it's in the papers and it's as if the Chairman has discovered a cheat code for Championship Manager but he's hardly played since 2008, he's almost 40 and he has no real experience of lower league football so I'll predict (quite predictably) that it'll end in disappointed "OH WELL"s.

I'm not looking forward to today and I think we are capable of taking Barnet apart if we play like we did in midweek (we beat Aldershot 2-1 but that was by no means a fair reflection of the game); if we just play the same way, we'll win. I fear however that our usual suspects will turn up - negativity, safety first and reverting to a long ball game that we cannot play. Whenever we play a side on a terrible run of results, they tend to get something out of the game. Our central defence is out so this might be a chance for Barnet to pick up some points.

We've just played Wycombe and AFC Wimbledon and only picked up a single point from those two games. If we don't win today, there's going to be mounting pressure on our manager.

I feel really sorry for Barnet fans. You let four in against a team that only seem to play well every five games. It could have been more too. We're almost in the black in terms of goal difference. I think this is the season Barnet go down - they've been flirting with relegation for a long time. I'm not sure how a team can survive on less than 3,000 home attendance. It's really sad as they're such underdogs and they have almost everything against them.

It was nice to see Exeter thrashed by Northampton :)

It was also nice to see the football league show was only 30 mins long too.

I'm not sure how a team can survive on less than 3,000 home attendance. It's really sad as they're such underdogs and they have almost everything against them.

It's happening for more teams. The recession is definitely biting in the lower leagues with people picking and choosing their games more and more.

Unbelievable, first win of the season and a stuffing of Northampton.

I'd spent Friday on the piss so it was a nice surprise to wake up to. In terms of our gates, somehow the chairman balances our books and we pull together a few good young players. We've also found strikers or forwards who've done really well for us since being back in the league; Tresor Kandol, John O'Flynn, Albert Adomah and Izale McLeod have all given us that bit of quality to keep us up.

With lower league prices, I pick and choose a lot more I've only bothered with two games this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Four games unbeaten in the league, without conceding! It says something about our poor start that we've only just come off the bottom of the table. I've got of my arse and watched our last two games and it's quite funny watching Edgar Davids ordering the team about on the pitch in a 'I actually know what I'm doing way'.

• 1 month later...

4-1.... pretty much bottom... bye bye McGhee.... *sigh*

Will we ever get stability again? Since Holloway left us:

2001 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Garry Thompson (caretaker)

2001 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Gerry Francis

2001–02 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Garry Thompson

2002 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Phil Bater (caretaker)

2002–04 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ray Graydon

2004 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Phil Bater (caretaker)

2004 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Russell Osman & Kevan Broadhurst (joint caretakers)

2004–05 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Ian Atkins

November 2005 – December 2010 22px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png Paul Trollope

December 2010 – January 2011 22px-Ulster_banner.svg.png Darren Patterson (caretaker)

January 2011 – March 2011 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Dave Penney

2011 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Stuart Campbell (caretaker)

June 2011 – January 2012 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Paul Buckle

January 2012 – December 2012 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Mark McGhee

14 managers in 11 years... ffs... no wonder we are where we are! Who next for a sip from the poisoned chalice? :(

Devon derby tomorrow.

Bring it on.

Surely we won't have a better chance to stuff Argyle!

I predict we lose :D

Not a great result for either team, two deflected goals, a poor turnout in terms of attendance and people on the forums struggling to choose a man of the match from either side. The usual rubbish happening in the ground - Adam Stansfield chants, Alan Nicholls chants and one arrest outside the ground. I listened on the radio but in all honesty, I wasn't that interested - our football club at the moment is in a coma and there's rumours abounding that administration part 2 might not be that far away.

Poor old Rovers - you've got John Ward in who seems to have been playing two clubs against one another - he was virtually announced as the Director of Football at Plymouth last week but now he's managing Rovers.

Why on Earth we need a Director of Football is beyond me - we're in League 2. How many people does it actually take to tell a professional footballer how, when and where to kick a football? :lol::(

• 4 weeks later...

I think this thread should be nuked into orbit - the only people that post in it are fans of teams propping up the bottom and a chino wearing, chablis sipping Exeter fan ;)

Barnet have picked up some real form in the last couple of months but still are still in the relegation mix - it seems as though the bottom 5 have had a good few weeks. If you look at the form guide and in the last 3 games for each team (so 15 in all), the bottom 5 have won 9 and drawn 2. Unfortunately for Plymouth, 2 of the 4 losses have been for them.

Accrington have won only once in the last 10, they're looking like this year's nosedive team, along with Rochdale as an outside bet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who don't live in the west country, you may not have heard. But Bristol City council have agreed to plans to sell off the Memorial Stadium and build a Sainsburys. Which means that Rovers' new ground up by the UWE can now go ahead!

Good news for the Gas....

...now all we need to do is stay in the fucking league!

For those of you who don't live in the west country, you may not have heard. But Bristol City council have agreed to plans to sell off the Memorial Stadium and build a Sainsburys. Which means that Rovers' new ground up by the UWE can now go ahead!

Good news for the Gas....

...now all we need to do is stay in the fucking league!

Bristol is virtually the Midlands.

Good win for you yesterday. Ward's made a hell of a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

So, thanks to the wonders of Sky Sports I was able to see my beloved Gillingham play tonight. As we've been fighting with Port Vale at the top I assumed they were a pretty solid side considering our league position, however after witnessing that it's obvious they're clearly not. All they do is hoof it. I watched Rotherham beat Wimbledon a few weeks back by dismantling them with a nice passing game, so it can be done at that level. Disappointed that a team that's 2nd in the league can get away with such primitive tactics. Wycombe were good though.

Still I hope we cling on to a promotion spot, always a bit risky being in League 2.

I think anyone can beat anyone in league 2. Fingers crossed for another good performance from the gas tonight.

You've not had to endure a season and a half as a Plymouth fan... we couldn't currently beat the under 8 girl guide team.

The quality is shocking at times. In comparison to the Premier League and the Championship, it's almost a different sport. I've seen few good players this year - last season, there was always a stand out player in every team - not so much this year.

Alan Gow? ;)

One of the laziest, believe your own hype players I have ever seen. He kept Jamie Mackie out of our side for a while.

The Dagenham left back was pretty good last weekend. Ilesamni. Tom Pope for Port Vale was ok. I can't think of many others though. Barry Ferguson plays in this league.... poor Barry.

• 4 weeks later...

20 goals already for Jamie Cureton now. Superb. At the start of the season I'd have been happy with survival this year so it's great to see Exeter in the play-offs and with a genuine chance of bouncing straight back into League One.

It'll be hard to catch either Port Vale or Gillingham but the battle for third place is on.

At the other end, both of the other Devon teams look to be relegation candidates right now!