IGNORED

Npower League 2

neoELITE

I think most of us would take that!

It would be amusing if you could sneak into the playoffs.

I was thinking that there's that old adage about the Premiership that no club that was bottom at Christmas has ever escaped relegation (although I think West Ham did it), wonder if there is a similar stat about a club that was bottom at Christmas gaining promotion....

And then I stop that sort of thinking because getting your hopes up when you support someone like Rovers is a fool's game.

A lot of postponed matches today!

I'm on my way back from Wimbledon Morcombe. They looked pretty good until we scored against the run of play. When we scored again it seemed to break them. We played a lot better second half.

No idea what wa going through their keeper's mind when he picked up the back pass. That rules must be older than all the players by now.

A lot of postponed matches today!

I'm on my way back from Wimbledon Morcombe. They looked pretty good until we scored against the run of play. When we scored again it seemed to break them. We played a lot better second half.

No idea what wa going through their keeper's mind when he picked up the back pass. That rules must be older than all the players by now.

If I could +200 you, I would. I haven't been away with Argyle since we were near the bottom of the championship. Hat off.

Proper fans.

Looks like we might have a better idea at the bottom after the bank holiday weekend. We've got derbies against Dagenham and Wimbledon, neither of which I'm looking forward to.

Dagenham generally get the better of us and Wimbledon seemed to have really picked up recently.

Speaking of away fixtures, I can't decide whether to head over for the Devon derby. Last time it took ages to get out because the Argyle lot were kicking off and trying to get at the City fans and then it took an age to get the car out. Not sure I can be arsed with the hassle buuuuut we might beat Argyle at Gnome Park...

Speaking of away fixtures, I can't decide whether to head over for the Devon derby. Last time it took ages to get out because the Argyle lot were kicking off and trying to get at the City fans and then it took an age to get the car out. Not sure I can be arsed with the hassle buuuuut we might beat Argyle at Gnome Park...

You might not win :)What happened to Sid James' Park? LOL

It's an early kick off - 1pm. I'm not sure why as you can leave Exeter at 9am and be sat in a pub in Plymouth by 10am. There's plenty that open early.

Both sides have hit form and there will be a decent sized crowd - early estimates are 14,000. I'm not looking forward to it as the recent history isn't great between some sections of the 'fans' - I know a few of the more dubious supporters who've been looking forward to a riot for weeks who'll be going. Mix in a bank holiday wekeend and it could all kick off. I hope it doesn't.

If you come down, stay safe.

No league 1 thread? I went to Tranmere v Sheff Utd, £21.50 for ticket and like watching 2 pub teams and they are both near the top of the league, id love to see the pass completion stats, Sheff Utd won 1-0, They had Dave Kitson Wh used to be in the prem with Reading, wasnt he nearly in the England squad at one point? looked like a big donkey

Some guy ran onto the pitch with all of his clothes on which I thought was a bit pointless, well worth an arrest that :rolleyes:

Two former England internationals play up front for Accrington Stanley.

With regards to carheex - the problem when non-die-hard fans go to a game in the lower leagues is that it's not super Sunday on Sky. No replays, pitches that aren't bowling greens, players who aren't on £100k a week. It's expensive and the quality might not be the best but regularly attending is much more than 90 minutes.

I'm a bit nervous about the game today down in sunny 'muff. Exeter need a result to get back into the top six and Plymouth need a result to extend the gap to either 3 or 5 points from the bottom two. On Monday we go to York. Without a result today, Monday will be one of the biggest games in our history. I'm wearing dark underpants today.

I find it really hard to care about Premier League and Champions League matches on TV. I just have so little emotional connection I get bored really easily. Stick me in a cold shed next to several hundred chanting loonies any day.

I was mentally prepared for a loss yesterday, we really struggle against the promotion candidates. Won't know the full damage until the games in hand have been played though.

Barnet on Monday is big one. The Mrs has told me to go, would be great to see Champion's League winner Mr Davids play. Don't know why I'm hesitating really!

Predictions for the Devon derby then?

My prediction for today is a 1-1. I'll be happy with a point. We've sold close to 13,000 tickets according to our forums - Exeter have sold 1,600.

The weather is perfect - sunny, no wind. It's an early kick-off. 1pm. I'm getting nervous now. I might have a pint in a minute with my breakfast.

Davids is still quality - it was a real pleasure watching him.

Barnet on Monday is big one. The Mrs has told me to go, would be great to see Champion's League winner Mr Davids play. Don't know why I'm hesitating really!

Barnet's form against clubs near the bottom has been pretty ropey and our strength has been at home so I'd put you as slight favorites. A win would probably put you safe, a win for us would put us within touching distance of safety. Apparently the record for staying up is about 50 points.

Nervous about the run in now, our pitch was carved up by the snow so we were playing more long balls than normal and the team looked both nervous and unable to control possession in the way that we can. Lucky to gain a point against Dagenham and I think we'll need to pick up our away form.

Also, got my ticket for Monday. Living in South London means that this is shorter trip than going to home games!

Edited by FinalityJack

Bollocks to it.

Uri Gellar, Noel Edmonds, that transexual Becki, Tisdale... your boys took one hell of a beating.

Massive game for Plymouth today - away at York.

Poor old Carlos. We've taken four points from you this season. I think your decision to stay at home on Saturday was the right one - your fans were so quiet.

Blimey, it's all going off in League Two today. So many late goals. What happened to Exeter? Beattie saving a point for Accrington, and Aldershot losing a lead on 85 minutes, then getting back in front on 87.

Gillingham won again. I really hope we take the title this year.

Watching Soccer Saturday on Sky (on a Monday) and for me it was - BALLS! Hmmmmm. Yes!! Oh no! What!? Some mad late goals. Exeter, Plymouth and Torquay doing Devon proud today :facepalm:

It's going down to the absolute wire and I can see someone staying up on goal difference this season. Four points separate eight teams.

Next weekend, York play Accrington.

League 2 always seems to go down to the wire, we've stayed up on the last day three years in a row.

This year, I could see a mass of clubs being involved.

Another poor game of football for Barnet but the sort of satisfying relegation battling win that nudges us closer to safety. Wimbledon probably shaded the game but we're ineffective in front of goal, we managed to break and score a deflected goal in the last 10 or so minutes. We're looking toothless up front with, Davids preferring to play himself and a striker on the wings giving us no width but we're looking as though we have just about enough to stay up.

A crap weekend for Exeter. Play-offs at best now and even that looks dodgy right now.

We're crap at derbies.

Uri Gellar, Noel Edmonds, that transexual Becki, Tisdale... your boys took one hell of a beating.

You forgot Chris Martin, Ade Edmondson, Liam Tancock, and Joss Stone! ;)

Brilliant win against Cheltenham yesterday - two nil and should've been more. Both our goals were ugly but we deserved all three points - fantastic team effort and considering The Robins are going for automatic promotion, it was a superb result.

We're three points off the bottom two now but it's more like four points with our goal difference at -7.

There's talk Warnock wants a DoF role as he's decided to retire from management and lives locally. Not sure I want him here and our manager has performed miracles without one.

Exeter's wheels are falling off.

Well done to Gillingham - my home townclub - promoted.

I think Bradford might just pip Exeter to the play offs. Bradford could end up at Wembley again.

Oh Carlos!

Plymouth away at Burton today. We won manager and player of the month awards, have free coaches going up paid for by a supporter/sponsor and should take over 1,000 fans on the 400+ mile round trip. It's all set up for a crushing defeat :lol:

Torquay at home to Barnet is a massive game. I hope Exeter win 10-0 today.

Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!