rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

Plants vs Zombies 2 - Spring 2013

They do say it can be played fully without ever needing to make an in app purchase. I wonder how much of that playing will be a joyless slog or a Candy Crush style waiting game/harass your facebook friends thing.

They do say it can be played fully without ever needing to make an in app purchase. I wonder how much of that playing will be a joyless slog or a Candy Crush style waiting game/harass your facebook friends thing.

Yeah, that's what literally all of these kind if things say. PopCap's freemium stuff has been shit so far though, so I'm not going to go into this with any hope at all because it's a near guaranteed disappointment.

Is it me or does it look worse than the original.

x4ptO86.jpg

yahqadg.jpg

If I didn't know, it looks more like second picture is a sequel to the first one.

• Upvote 1

A lot of people whined about Popcap's F2P Solitaire on iOS, but I enjoyed it and never spent a penny on it. I didn't piss on it either. At any rate, I'm looking forward to this.

Isn't the first one F2P now? I know i got it for free on my iPhone and i either had to pay money to access the bonus games or spend YEARS earning enough money in the game to unlock them.

I got the first for free on PS+ & played it to death. I still play it now, & I've even wiped my savegame for it just so I start from the beginning again without all my built up advantages & have a greater challenge.

I never liked the iOS version though. "Sweeping" across the screen for sun & coins was much more of a chore with touch than a controller, but since I liked the first so much I'll be there to try this one out. Maybe it'll hook me just like the first did.

Reviewed in edge this month, it got a 9. They say the only problem with it is that its hard to see how it will make money, as its generous for a free to play game. No Paywalls and no energy system.

• Upvote 1

Created a new Zealand account and got this earlier. First impressions are good - the in app purchases look far from essential. Love the world map and looks like loads to do. Graphics have been tweaked nicely as well.

Created a new Zealand account and got this earlier. First impressions are good - the in app purchases look far from essential. Love the world map and looks like loads to do. Graphics have been tweaked nicely as well.

Can you play it from a UK account once downloaded?

Did you chaps punch in real credit card details on that store?

No, I just selected 'None'.

If someone who's done this doesn't give us a step-by-step guide on how to get pvz2 from the NZ store, I will strongly consider raping you. This is in large part due to the fact that I am a rapist.

From Home click on your profile (email address), select Account, 'Change country or region', select Australia and 'Change', 'Continue', tick box and 'Agree', payment option 'None' and enter four numbers (I just used 1234) and then select any State, and finally 'Continue' to finish.

I've been playing this for a bit but now it freezes everytime I try to pick a map which effectively means I can't play any of the levels anymore.

Nevermind, restarting my iPad seems to have resolved the issue.

I've picked up a fair number of upgrades without buying them so far but are some of the plants such as the stomping one only available by purchasing it?

A few of the plants are purchase only (snowpea, chilli, firetreetrunkthing). I'm mostly feeling the grind with the key hunt. Need 17 to unlock all the first level, and I've got 6 having completed it.

This is now available in the UK on android. Not all that impressed so far but I haven't really got very far yet. The mechanics, tactics etc. Feel identical to the first game.