IGNORED

Toast of London "Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango"

FishyFish

I just finished the last 3 episodes this afternoon and felt a bit slightly underwhelmed by this as well. I can't help but feel there was a Covid separation going on by how they were filming things. I felt like he filmed certain US sections whilst he did "What we did in the Shadows" and the other "US" parts within the UK. I wasn't quite sure what they were going for it yet I'm still compelled to see another series if it surfaces.

Did they film any of it in America? The few external locations look like they could have been shot in the UK, and the more famous guest stars like Paul Rudd, Larry David, Bill Hader, etc, only seem to appear on screens of some kind.

It’s very hit and miss this series. Episode three with the S&M therapist and the $3M shot was hilarious, but episode 4 was a bit lame.

Man, just finished the newest series and gotta say I found it pretty naff overall. There were some good characters and a few lol moments, but it just felt a bit try-hard. 

And I was really kind of hoping it was going to end in a smart interesting way, something that could explain the surrealist nature of everything, the mismatched time periods etc, but naaaaaah. The end itself was terrible! 

Such a shame, not really a patch on the prior series. 

39 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why would you ever want an explanation for the surrealism. 

Because this time round it felt more forced, more over the top, like it was a dream or something? I mean, homer Simpson even got a cameo

Felt a bit too "weird on purpose" this time around. 

On 15/01/2022 at 23:59, cassidy said:

That's fair enough tbh and you can tell Covid impacted on the show imo. 

Gotta be honest though took me a while to recognise Poldark. 

Same!  We almost had to look it up on IMDB before my missus put me out of my misery, and even when I knew it was him, I still couldn't get my brain to recognise him, with the beard.

Jesus, that western episode is absolutely terrible. I get that they’re trying to do a kind of surreal acid western, which is quite a promising idea, but it’s so unimaginative and slow. There’s about two funny jokes in the whole thing. 

• 1 month later...