IGNORED

2012 London Paralympics

Luke

The poster boy Oscar Pistorius beaten.

I haven't seen it, but my missus said he was acting up a bit after he lost suggesting his rival's blades were unfair, too long etc.

I get the impression (based on not much) he's a bit of a dick. He's made a bunch of money, and is very protective of his image. He treated one of the bloggers I follow quite badly, a South African sports scientist who believes his blades give him an unfair advantage compared to two legged runners.

I want to see a Paralympic Event before it ends. Or just got to the stadium. I see mentions of a "day ticket" that just lets you wander around the olympic park but can't find anywhere to buy it. Help appreciated

No Park tickets currently available other than expensive Closing Ceremony tickets.

If you want to go to Excel for fencing, lifting and volleyball, £5 tickets are up right now.

Thanks Orbette! Going Mon and Wed!

Hmm. What happened to the comedown? :-D

We've athletics tickets for saturday morning, and wheelchair rugby for sunday lunchtime (which appears to be bronze then gold medal matches, and ticketed). What the hell we do the following weekend, I'm no longer certain. Start planning for Glasgow 2014?

West Ham if you like walking and it's not *that* much longer to get to (from the Park) than Stratford (I reckon an additional five minutes, once you factor in the slightly slower rate of progress).

Also the District Line is much quieter than the Jubilee and it's a more pleasant entry into the Park.

On the other hand, I'll be going to/from Stratford both days, if that means anything...

Was at the mornings athletics yesterday. So many differences compared to what you are shown on TV. I really thought it'd be one event at a time with downtime inbetween but apart from the medal ceremonies you often had 3 events all happening at once. Long jump going on as people race around the track and javelins being thrown, it was almost difficult to know what to follow. The crowd was amazing though, hearing and seeing people cheering, sometimes as it circled the stadium and other times as it exploded for the underdog. Actually the weird thing for me is most of the time you didn't notice that any of these atheletes were disabled and i don't mean that in a bad way. Sure some of the long jumpers had a leg missing or the runners may have an arm, but i didn't really notice it. The wheelchair races, they could have easily been able bodied for all i knew such as the strength and skill on show, pretty much every one looked like a normal athletes in my eyes.

Even saw one of the minis smash into a camera bag sending expensive lenses flying. The part is huge too, i'd seen video of it but it reminded me of Epcot in its size, the way its laid out and brilliant atmosphere. Whilst there was police presence there was no intimidation, the police on horses interacted with the public and you could quite easily spend a day in the park without seeing a single event. The stadium itself is fantastic, took minutes to get in and getting to and from your seat was easy. I was near row 60, so quite high up but you was still afforded a fantastic view of everything, normally you think the high up seats give the worst view and you get what you pay for but the view from even up that high was still brilliant, in fact being nearer the track may have been worse with so many events going on.

Its just a shame that after this it'll never happen at the stadium again, at least in my life time as i could quite easily waste a day every year there just enjoying whats going on even though im not a follower of sports or the olympics.

Whilst there was police presence there was no intimidation

Its just a shame that after this it'll never happen at the stadium again, at least in my life time as i could quite easily waste a day every year there just enjoying whats going on even though im not a follower of sports or the olympics.

I suspect they'd have intimidated Smitty.

You realise they're staging the World Athletics championships in 2017?