2012 London Paralympics

Yea previously the critieria has been "British and played sport".

This year I can probably think of about 30 off the top of my head who would win in any other year.

And the best thing of all. Not one of them is a greedy footballer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-19517086

Team GB hand cyclists Karen Darke and Rachel Morris say they want to share bronze after crossing the finish line arm and arm in the women's H 1-3.

I can't find a video yet but there's some Hollywood shit going on in these games. I was sceptical before they started but now I just want them to carry on forever. Can't we just start the Olympics again in a couple of weeks and keep rotating.

comments like that are odd I find. Her classification is based on her level of disability. Its a world record for people as disabled as she is.

I find it weird how they classify them as "people as disabled as she is". It's strange when you have someone with two arms compete against someone with one and a half, or someone with dwarfism competing against someone with only one arm and someone who, well, I don't actually know what's wrong with some of them.

Whilst I know it's the record for "people as disabled as she is", everyone else in the race was using their arm(s), it's just amazing.

You need tickets. But the wheelchair marathon goes through central London on Sunday, and you don't need tickets for that. Also if you're still here on Monday, there is a big victory parade through central London for the GB Olympic and Paralympic teams.

Ah, final day and C4 is finishing how it started. I thought I'd sit down to watch David Weir race for his 4th gold in the marathon but apparently they only have cameras at The Mall so they'll be spending nearly all of it chatting in their shit studio.

Some annoyances were always going to be unavoidable, like adverts every 20 minutes, but come on...

Over :-(

We've still got a Coldplay concert to come! And in that stadium and with all those lights and all that budget, it could very well be amazing.

Then tomorrow afternoon we've got the London 2012 victory parade (minus the sunshine that's made the last week the perfect time to photograph the Olympic Park and London as a whole).

One person who won't be there is Andy Murray. He's got business elsewhere tomorrow so there's no need to let the depression set in just yet.

You could see next years IPC world championships being televised on Channel 4, but they probably won't have the television cameras In Lyon.

I mean, I noticed the 2011 championships in Christchurch (because we saw some of the athletes jogging round the park by the river), but it had precisely no local media coverage - let alone tv coverage.

Once you say "stuff narrative, what ridiculous things can we spend a few million on", giant mechanical demons and lots of fire is obviously what you get.

It's so much more imaginative than the Olympics closing ceremony it's silly.

Why not have a beetle and fish van?

Once you say "stuff narrative, what ridiculous things can we spend a few million on", giant mechanical demons and lots of fire is obviously what you get.

It's so much more imaginative than the Olympics closing ceremony it's silly.

Why not have a beetle and fish van?

Yep, and pick a band thats contemporary, British and nice and upbeat for a party atmosphere.

I doubt I'd ever spend money on Coldplay, but this is a big improvement on the Olympics closing rubbish.

Good montage. Its almost gone. BLUB.

Since when were Jay Z and Rhianna British ? Have to admit being a little disappointed.

I'll take them over the tosh we dished out at the last one. This is a celebration of Paralympians of all nationalities so no limit to "best of british" which was themed in both olympic ceremonies (one very loosely) anyway.