IGNORED

PS+ Jan (Jan 7th): Infamous: First Light, The Swapper (PS4) Ducktales, Prototype 2 (PS3) Whoa Dave, Duke Nukem (Vita)

Timmo

Oooh, Motorstorm is cross-buy.

Also, from the PS blog:

chap- Cant you include more indie games that we may all not have such as corpse party, persona titles, escape plan, guacamelee, sound shapes, Virtue’s Last Reward, super stardust…etc

Sony fellow- We already had Virtues Last Reward in Plus a couple of months ago and at least two of those are planned to come up at some point so watch this space!

Well, I think that removes any doubt that Persona 4 will be free next month.

How are half of those indie games?! P4 though, yes I will have that if it appears. They must start repeating at some point, there's bound to be a hell of a lot of new signups with the Vita deals on at the moment so there's a hell of a lot even I've missed out on despite having been hoovering stuff up for the last 4 or 5 months - Virtue's Last Reward left + at the start of May for example so it's hardly been on just "a couple of months ago".

Also, from the PS blog:

chap- Cant you include more indie games that we may all not have such as corpse party, persona titles, escape plan, guacamelee, sound shapes, Virtue’s Last Reward, super stardust…etc

Sony fellow- We already had Virtues Last Reward in Plus a couple of months ago and at least two of those are planned to come up at some point so watch this space!

Well, I think that removes any doubt that Persona 4 will be free next month.

You say that, but then looking back as far as last December I can't see Corpse Party, Escape Plan, Guacamelee or Sound Shapes having shown up yet so it's not exactly nailed on.

Sound Shapes would be a lovely PS+ title, it always piqued my curiosity.

Not too sure about Corpse Party, though - It did have quite a hefty discount during the past couple of months, alongside Book of Shadows. I'd certainly be more welcome to some free PSP and PSOne games though, especially with the run-up to VitaTV. And potentially, those PSOne Classics could supplement the PS4 during the launch window period if the console allows it.

It makes me sad that PS2 Classics is still an unknown for PS4, as simultaneously offering those for both PS3 and PS4 on Plus would be ace. Admittedly, though, that might be more for NA than anywhere else - while the folk over the pond has access to games like Capcom vs. SNK 2 and the Disgaea series, we get Winnie the Pooh's Rumbly Tumbly Adventure. Huff.

It was said with tongue partly in cheek, but I still think it will happen.

Sony have already shown with XCOM that third-party titles can go into the year long rotation. It's comfortably the highest scoring Vita game on metacritic and lots of new people (particularly 'hardcore' gamers) will be looking at PS+ next month with the launch of the PS4, and there aren't really many flagship titles on the Vita that could really sell the service/handheld. It's been out a while too, so I doubt Atlus (Sega?) would mind. No reason why you couldn't pair it with a more family friendly game, like LBP, and watch the Vita momentum really pick up over the holidays.

I imagine it's more likely that LBP, Sony All Stars or Sly 4 will put in an appearance instead, with smaller games like Guacamelee and Sound Shapes appearing among the monthly titles, but a man can dream. Maybe something like The Walking Dead or Sonic Racing Transformed too.

Persona 4's still pretty near RRP everywhere I've seen so I assumed it must be a fairly steady (if not spectacular) seller.. Plus Atlus seem pretty tight as far as sales on their digital stuff goes. But on the other hand, Sega are now involved and they're not averse to knockdown prices so who knows.

Anyway, pretty psyched about Revengeance since I've been slack on picking that up for the last x amount of months.

Yep, two PS3 games a month now...

From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles. The PS Vita monthly updates are remaining the same and members will have access to two new PS Vita titles every month. Good news is that with the impeding launch of PS4, the great news for PS Plus members is that existing membership automatically covers PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita, so watch this space!

2 games does fine for me as my pile of digital shame is growing ever larger. And when I get a Vita again (been very skint recently, had to sell my old one), I'll have an amazing catalogue to play.

Add in the PS4 games that will come. I have no intention of moving to a PS4 for a long while, but I may have built up a nice catalogue by then to download and play when I get one.

PS+ has been the game changer for me this gen. I used to hate Sony, I saw them as arrogant and uncaring, but they have really turned it around with giving long term customers value. MS played catch up but the quality on offer on Games on Gold to PS+ is crazy

I hope MS do launch a bona fide PS+ rival, it will keep Sony's next-gen version of PS+ honest and reduce any risk of complacency that could result if they are early leaders in terms of hardware sales.

As to which next-gen content Sony can offer to PS+ beyond freemium PC conversions and extended demos, I struggle to imagine (at least for the first 6 months).

I hope MS do launch a bona fide PS+ rival, it will keep Sony's next-gen version of PS+ honest and reduce any risk of complacency that could result if they are early leaders in terms of hardware sales.

As to which next-gen content Sony can offer to PS+ beyond freemium PC conversions and extended demos, I struggle to imagine (at least for the first 6 months).

Indies.

Yes. Resogun is potentially the best game of either next-gen launch line-ups (and I think EG said it actually is, based on what they played so far), so to get that is rather ace. You'll also get Outlast (Edge 9/10), Don't Starve and the rather promising Secret Ponchos (though they are probably not all available at launch). Add the Plus version of Driveclub and it's indeed a pretty good start.