rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
TheSlugFormerlyKnownAsNap

LittleBigPlanet™ Vita

I downloaded this last night it seems quite good so far. The touch screen mini games are fun, the music isn't as varied as usual - or at least it doesn't seem so from the few levels that I have played. My wife is a big fan of these games (and has some serious OCD when it comes to collecting stickers) She seems to like this one a lot.

Very, very tempted to get it. I think it's a game which will flourish on the Vita.

That said, I can't say I was the biggest fan of the first two games, but the appeal of this on a handheld and using it as a bit of a showcase for all the Vita's various inputs is quite tempting.

Be interested to hear how well it all implements. I played the beta and it was a horrible experience of hanging on loading screens and not really having a clue what was going on in terms of structure of the game.

The main game itself when you got to play it was ok, but not anywhere close to something like Rayman Origins. It would need to have a pretty good community support I think to draw me in.

I'll be downloading tonight. I'm really looking forward to it, and can see the hours slipping by in creator mode.

Interesting about the loading times. How is it on the actual release, rather than the beta?

I'm enjoying this so far, seem to suit the smaller screen well.

Being an ipad and iphone user though the touch screen on the vita is shit and doesn't help any game with controls that need a drag, the plastic screen is too 'sticky' for a slide motion to feel good.

that has nothing to do with the hardware. Escape Plan is slide motion-controls all over the place and it's just perfect.

My problem with the touch on this is that you hand ends up getting in the way of what you are trying to do :) Though it's the same for some iPad games too.

My wife is at the 3rd or 4th world now, she definitely seems hooked. I notice that they didn't improve the swinging on the grapple hook :(

OK, what's the state of community levels at this point? are there many LBP2 ports ? mindblowing little gems in abundance ?

I didn't know there was a thread for this!

I bought this during the week and despite being skeptical at first, I've grown quite fond of it - I'm now on the weird 80s world. It's a very pretty game - at times remarkably so. And the music is wonderful too :wub:

I love this game! It makes me incredibly happy whenever i play it. :D

The characters and the music remind me of Coraline.

There is definitely a Burton-esque vibe to the whole thing, particularly some of the music.