Noe Loves Us (kinda)

Version2.0

Second run, Nintendo Customer Support:

NOE: 'If you print out proof of purchase from online purchases then it's okay, as long as the shop is UK based and you are UK based.'

JDK(GME): 'This is kind of excluding the loyal customers that bought all the games already or bought what they wanted before yesterday..'

NOE: 'It is a promotion.. it's trying to encourage people to buy games. If you've already got what you want then i'm afraid it's not going to help much.'

JDK: 'I'm thinking about it, I did have my heart set on a Zelda collection and I bought Eternal Darkness, Zelda and Metroid already. What are my other choices?'

NOE: 'The star catalogue has the disk. do you know about that promotion? What it is...'

JDK: 'I'm aware of it, isn't everything sold out permanently?'

NOE: 'I am not authorised to say that it's guaranteed but we may have them back in stock at some point in the future'

JDK: '(frustrated giggle) Okay, thank you very much.'

NOE: ' Thank you for calling with your enquiries.'

Well then, this second person says that you can print out your invoices for online purchases! Good luck everyone!

I gave one copy to my cousin Kate and the other to a friend that just got a Gamecube and hadn't really heard of Zelda. So.. if anyone wants to pass me on an e-mail invoice or a html invoice (with any private information deleted of course) for a game bought online at any point (i'll change the date :blink: I'll be very grateful!

#warp pipe noise#

Julia: What? Bowser?

Bowser: S.T.A.R.S.!!!!!!!!! ... catalogue..

#sound of fireball hurtling across a room..#

#sound of synthesized calipso music as Julia looks suprised, jumps up then falls through the solid floor#

FFS Nintendo do everyone a good turn and you start moaning. There are plenty of nintendo games out that you may not have. So what if you bought a game last month, it wasnt part of the offer.

The whole point is to increase sales during january when sales are shit. Its a special offer NOT A RIGHT.

FFS Nintendo do everyone a good turn and you start moaning. There are plenty of nintendo games out that you may not have. So what if you bought a game last month, it wasnt part of the offer.

The whole point is to increase sales during january when sales are shit. Its a special offer NOT A RIGHT.

Well said.

1) FFS Nintendo do everyone a good turn and you start moaning. 2) There are plenty of nintendo games out that you may not have. 3) So what if you bought a game last month, it wasnt part of the offer.

4) The whole point is to increase sales during january when sales are shit. Its a special offer 5)NOT A RIGHT.

Fanboy :ph34r: Seriously though:

1) They're not doing their loyal customers a good turn. Nobody that actually likes Nintendo can get a copy due to

2) already having the games that they want that funnily enough came out quite a long time ago. A zelda disk is like catnip to 'hardcore' gamers.

3) Dick.

4) Why not let us buy the disk then? that would increase sales

5) Nobody said it was, stop being self-righteous.

I bought Fzero on the 24th of dec but you dont see me complaining. Maybe cos ive already got a disk...

...and I'd probably be bawling and crying by now if I didn't have the disk.

And please, if you want to defend Nintendo like that, talk to a wall, or a three year old.

So once again Nintendo are punishing those who buy their games early.

Yesterday I bought Viewtiful Joe, Dec 28th I bought Metroid Prime, Early December I bought F-Zero and Ikaruga.

I own around 20 gamecube games, and yet I DON'T qualify for this disc?

NOE can fuck off

I brought an PS2 on launch and now it seems Sony has cut it's price.

Once again I get screwed becuase I supported them from the start.

Sony can fuck right off :ph34r:

Yeah I know how you feel, I brought a DVD from HMV before Christmas and when I went back after Christmas they had cut it's price.

Once again HMV are punishing me becuase I brought thier product early.

HMV can fuck off :)

I've been subscrbing to FHM for 2 years but I saw yesturday that a new subscriber who signs up now gets a free bit of soap. Once again I am punished becuase I paid for the magaine early.

FHM can fuck right off :D

Last year I brought a flight from Ryanair and then I found that that it was 75% cheaper if I had waited until the week of the flight.

Once aagin I get punsihed by ryanair for being a supporter and buyer early.

Ryanair can fuck off ;)

Do you need more examples or do you understand yet that they will always be better deals if you wait for a product. You can't blame NOE for not sending out a copy of the disk to every Cube owner in the UK. However they have provided you with a reletively cheap way of getting the disk and if you allready own all the games then just flog it on ebay once you have brought. Oh and read the signiture. You are person 2. :P

So once again Nintendo are punishing those who buy their games early.

Yesterday I bought Viewtiful Joe, Dec 28th I bought Metroid Prime, Early December I bought F-Zero and Ikaruga.

I own around 20 gamecube games, and yet I DON'T qualify for this disc?

NOE can fuck off

I brought an PS2 on launch and now it seems Sony has cut it's price.

Once again I get screwed becuase I supported them from the start.

Sony can fuck right off :ph34r:

Yeah I know how you feel, I brought a DVD from HMV before Christmas and when I went back after Christmas they had cut it's price.

Once again HMV are punishing me becuase I brought thier product early.

HMV can fuck off :)

I've been subscrbing to FHM for 2 years but I saw yesturday that a new subscriber who signs up now gets a free bit of soap. Once again I am punished becuase I paid for the magaine early.

FHM can fuck right off :D

Last year I brought a flight from Ryanair and then I found that that it was 75% cheaper if I had waited until the week of the flight.

Once aagin I get punsihed by ryanair for being a supporter and buyer early.

Ryanair can fuck off ;)

Do you need more examples or do you understand yet that they will always be better deals if you wait for a product. You can't blame NOE for not sending out a copy of the disk to every Cube owner in the UK. However they have provided you with a reletively cheap way of getting the disk and if you allready own all the games then just flog it on ebay once you have brought. Oh and read the signiture. You are person 2. :P

Alright, who let the "state-the-bloody-obvious" parade in?

Second run, Nintendo Customer Support:

NOE: 'If you print out proof of purchase from online purchases then it's okay, as long as the shop is UK based and you are UK based.'

JDK(GME): 'This is kind of excluding the loyal customers that bought all the games already or bought what they wanted before yesterday..'

NOE: 'It is a promotion.. it's trying to encourage people to buy games. If you've already got what you want then i'm afraid it's not going to help much.'

JDK: 'I'm thinking about it, I did have my heart set on a Zelda collection and I bought Eternal Darkness, Zelda and Metroid already. What are my other choices?'

NOE: 'The star catalogue has the disk. do you know about that promotion? What it is...'

JDK: 'I'm aware of it, isn't everything sold out permanently?'

NOE: 'I am not authorised to say that it's guaranteed but we may have them back in stock at some point in the future'

JDK: '(frustrated giggle) Okay, thank you very much.'

NOE: ' Thank you for calling with your enquiries.'

Well then, this second person says that you can print out your invoices for online purchases! Good luck everyone!

From UK based retailers though.

Does that exclude play.com et al, as they ship from outside?

The same guy who let the 'NOE hate us all and want to see us die by giving away free stuff' parade in :ph34r:

Enough with the smilies, shitface, and put up a constructive argument.

Those in Europe have always been on the shitty end of Nintendo's stick. You may think "Wow starz catalogue nintendo love us like I luv them yay", but then there's Americans and Japanese who already get their own superior versions, which really is fair, isn't it?

It's simple enough really; from the beginning of the Zelda Disk promotion, Americans have had a simple "buy two, get bonus disk free" offer. Clear as muck. Here, it's been a desperate fight to get it first from an extremely limited supply, and with an outrageous amount of points (equating to 18 games, but you probably already have that and more) it looks like a whole load of unfair.

People started complaining, but not before still buying games from Nintendo, whom they were "supporting" to use your crazy phrasing, and Nintendo do a turn face and say, "Yes, you can get it now, provided you didn't purchase said games before. If you already have, TOUGH SHIT FOR SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON OUR SHIT WHICH WON'T THANK YOU FOR, BECAUSE WE WANT TO DISTRIBUTE THE DISK TO THOSE IN THE UK FAIRLY UNTIL AFTER CHRISTMAS, all for the sake of our sales sheets and not for anybody buying our games, heaven forbid no".

Well, the offer incited me to grab F-Zero GX from my local indy game shop - I got home before realising the receipt said "GCUBE NEW", with no game title. And if I was meant to get any stars with the game, they're missing too. I am a twunt, but at least F-Zero is eye-meltingly great. Sob :)

I know... another whine :ph34r:

It's simple enough really; from the beginning of the Zelda Disk promotion, Americans have had a simple "buy two, get bonus disk free" offer. Clear as muck. Here, it's been a desperate fight to get it first from an extremely limited supply, and with an outrageous amount of points (equating to 18 games, but you probably already have that and more) it looks like a whole load of unfair.

People started complaining, but not before still buying games from Nintendo, whom they were "supporting" to use your crazy phrasing, and Nintendo do a turn face and say, "Yes, you can get it now, provided you didn't purchase said games before. If you already have, TOUGH SHIT FOR SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON OUR SHIT WHICH WON'T THANK YOU FOR, BECAUSE WE WANT TO DISTRIBUTE THE DISK TO THOSE IN THE UK FAIRLY UNTIL AFTER CHRISTMAS, all for the sake of our sales sheets and not for anybody buying our games, heaven forbid no".

Lets compare the Uk and the US then shall we.

US: They were the option of buying 2 games from a limited selection and sending off to buy a receipt. You were damed if you had no interest in the games that were in the offer.

UK:Every single first party Nintendo game is in the offer I beleave and in the majority of cases you need only buy 1 game to get the disk.

Verdict: Uk Wins

US:Were not given the option of using stars points to buy the game.

UK: Whilst the price was set very high, avid collectors of Nintendo products were able to afford it so the people who supported Nintendo from the beginning did get something out of it, they were able to afford the disk when many others could not.

Verdict: UK wins

US: They were offered the disk mid November.

UK: We were offered the disk in January.

Verdict: US wins.

US: For each Nintendo game that is brought the consumers get nothing

UK: For each Nintendo game that is brought consumers get points for an online system which in theory they can use to redeem for free gifts. They have however been problems.

Verdict: Whilst the UK system has had it's fair share of problems it is more than the US has had and is more than other competing companies give out.

I will freely admit that NOE seem to make terrible mistakes quite a lot of the time but then again by my point of view Nintendo itself has been cocking up over and over again for the last 5 years.

However really the only difference between the US and UK offer is that we got it a bit after them which I don't consider to be signifcant. Our offer is quite very staight forward as to how to redeem the disk and in acutality you only have to buy one game to get it, whilst the US had to buy 2 games from a much more limited selection.

I'm not saying that NOE has been perfect in this regard but looking at it without the bias many of you seem to have against NOE it's not as bad as many of you make out.

I've said before this before but it bares repeating, looking at the reaction of some in this group to the stars offer and to this offer it occurs to me that NOE would have been better off to have not bothered with Stars in the first place and too simply have not bothered giving out the free disk to people who don't buy a new Gamecube. Few others companies would have done the same thing since it was simply a promotion to enhance the sales of the Gamecube.

So that's what I feel about the situation, you may see it differently so I have just one question to ask:

Looking back at the past 2 years would you have preferred NOE to never have started up the Stars Cat and not to be offering the disk now?

Good question, eh? :ph34r:

The answer is.. no Stars Catalogue, it's far more teasing and problematic than it is good. Yes to the disk, but only if it were on sale instead of in these random offers and prize draw thingies.. let supply and demand decide.

dahhh.gif

OH, AH HADN' THOHH O DAHHHH!

That. Is. Brilliant.

You wouldn't believe how long that took to make.. XP seems to be making it more and more difficult to make screencaptures, even with dedicated Direct X capture software. I took the captures pressing the button in the beat of the rhythm of his speech, that's why it actually works with only 10 frames