IGNORED

Elementary

squirtle

I love this show. Just watched the current season finale and it was obviously intended as a possible series finale (It works brilliantly). Glad to hear we're getting a new season next year though.

spoiler for the last scene

The pair of them living and working out of Baker Street in London. *lipsmack*

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Just finished season 6 and yeah, it is still fantastic watching. 

Was hoping the final scene would the the absolute final scene

I believe the season 6 finale was written as "The End" for the show - then they got another season

Just now, Hexx said:

I believe the season 6 finale was written as "The End" for the show - then they got another season

Yeah, it felt very much like it was written as an end. My main fear is how it changes the dynamic if it is set in London. 

Gregson, Bell and even all the other NYPD officers were written as competent at their job and were aided by Sherlock and Watson, rather then being bumbling buffoons that NEED Sherlock, that they tend to be in other adaptations. So hoping they can find the right sort of supporting cast for season 7. 

13 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Yeah, it felt very much like it was written as an end. My main fear is how it changes the dynamic if it is set in London. 

Don't worry, this is TV land.

They'll set a couple of episodes in London then miraculously all will be sorted out with the US authorities and they'll be able to go back to New York.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Really confused by that last Ep. Was the word “Joan” dubbed onto the tape of the call? Hannah said she didn’t hear it, and her flashback supports that - and in the show those are usually ‘the truth’ rather than subjective memories.

So, if he didn’t say it, why was it on the tape? Did Agent Malik dub it on to frame Joan? Why? No real reason to do that was given. And how anyway?

And if Michael really did say “Joan”, why? He saw his killer.

Neither option makes any sense. And as it was written as the last ever episode you have to assume we were never meant to get an answer.

So, what am I missing?

• 1 month later...
On 18/12/2018 at 13:24, Lochenvar said:

What an odd situation. Make what was obviously supposed to be the final ever episode of the show, then have to write a way out of that, then axe it after a short season. Why even bother?

Even weirder. Season 7 was allegedly approved during the filming of S6, so there was time to re-film the last scene of the S6 finale before it was broadcast.

3 hours ago, knightbeat said:

Even weirder. Season 7 was allegedly approved during the filming of S6, so there was time to re-film the last scene of the S6 finale before it was broadcast.

Yeah, they could easily have changed the last couple of minutes. Very odd.

• 6 months later...

Anyone watching Season 7?

Episode 2 and 3 spoilers

So they had one episode in "London" before they were back in New York, and then by episode 3 they basically solved the FBI issue by saying "did you talk to my dad". If it was that simple why didn't genius Sherlock just do that in the first place.

You could tell during episode one how quickly they'd be back to normal when they made such a poor attempt at pretending to film any of it in the UK. All they did was change some car number plates and have Tamsin Greig in it.

• 1 month later...