IGNORED

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Captain Kelsten

R2 is clearly the hero of the whole franchise.

He saves everyones arses seconds after being introduced in ep1 by fixing the shields.

He must save everyone at least twice a film.

Hyperdrive broken? Get r2.

Trapped in a garbage crusher? R2 will sort it

X-wing taken fire attacking the deathstar? R2 has it covered.

Let's take this right back.

Imagine if when Luke got the message on his R2 unit asking "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!" he thought to himself, "Nah... that's spam, that is. I'll delete that."

Alderaan Princess is their equivalent of a Nigerian Prince.

"Stay hard for hours"... delete, "Earn space credits from home"... delete, "Alderaan Princess"... delete... oh hey, Biggs sent me another hologram of a cat!

i reckon there's a very good chance that after ROTJ (and Vaders/Palpy's death)

that the force gradually begins to disappeared as the great threat of the sith had been vanquished.. and balance is restored.. so Luke loses his powers and becomes a disillusioned recluse.

its only when the vader sith/ cult reappears - that so does the goodside and the oldman gets his mojo back..

or something...

i reckon there's a very good chance that after ROTJ (and Vaders/Palpy's death)

that the force gradually begins to disappeared as the great threat of the sith had been vanquished.. and balance is restored.. so Luke loses his powers and becomes a disillusioned recluse.

its only when the vader sith/ cult reappears - that so does the goodside and the oldman gets his mojo back..

or something...

Its been done:

Highlander II

Yeah...

Just bought a BB-8 from Firebox. Couldn't resist it. And I expect they'll be sold out within hours.

What with the Millennium Falcon quadcopter drone and the plethora of lovely TFA Lego available to buy in about 10 minutes, it's gonna be an expensive 24 hours.

Yep plenty of online retailers selling BB-8s at the moment - zavvi, disney, firebox, maybe more. Nice work by Sphero getting so much global stock out there. Course, once this hits the mainstream media tomorrow, there will be bunfights in bricks and mortars for them.

Off to bed. Hope my little guy gets a good night's sleep in his box at the Firebox depot.

By the way, you can already download the app (at least for iOS). Sat on my phone and just waiting for 'Beebs' to arrive and wake up.

I'm a little unsure about that BB-8 after watching the video in here yesterday

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/sep/03/star-wars-droid-bb-8-is-real-you-can-take-him-home-sphero-disney

It's a real-world video rather than a polished promo. It looks like his head goes wonky pretty easily. It also came off with a bump not too unlike the bump in the promo video where it stayed on. I'd rather get some other impressions first.

Just bought a BB-8 from Menkind. While I was checking out, the product page for it went down and it went out of stock elsewhere! Get it quickly, folks! Was still available at the Disney Store and Firebox last time I checked. Watch out for Firebox using YODEL, though!

If you can hang on for a bit, you will have a window of opportunity at the Apple Store and John Lewis in the not too distant future. Bound to sell out really quickly, though.

I'll let you know what it's like when I get it.

(Incidentally, I had no clue that I would be so insta-hyped for these toys, but the BB-8 and the flying Millenium Falcon - which I haven't bought yet! - immediately awakened the force of my inner child. HOLY FUCK, kids are lucky these days to have such awesome toys available.)