IGNORED

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Doctor Shark

I wouldn't normally mention the P word. But when you're picking ridiculously pedantic holes in a film, it comes off as really rich when you spent such a long time graspingly "explaining" gaping chasms in another movie. Just apply those same justifications to this movie. Not to do so would be intellectually dishonest.

You can poke fun at a movie without criticizing it. Don't jump on my balls.

You can poke fun at a movie without criticizing it. Don't jump on my balls.

I don't care if you criticise it, or if you hate it. I care that you have one rule for one film and one for another. "Poking fun" my arse, none of those points are funny.

What's the Wampa eating? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh a tauntaun. Yeah makes sense.

Some pretty trivial stuff to have a problem with. I mean, you literally can't envisage a scenario where the lightsaber is flung out? And you really want the eating habits of a wampa?

As for the others, Luke is a rubbish Jedi, unless we're to suppose the community college training he received with yoda was good enough (which, in any case, was after that scene).

Who knows why he ran. Fight or flight? The fact that it's a film not a reality TV series?

:doh:

Does that first post really need a tongue smiley? I'm picking holes in a throwaway manner in one of the most scrutinised movies of all time!

Why doesn't Chewie wrap up when he goes out with Han to get the probe droid?. He's hairy, but Han still wore a hood. It's a pretty cold planet.
Then when he gets back Luke scratches Chewie's neck like he's a dog. Pretty damn patronising.
Leia-Hoth-briefing-ESB.jpg
bowchickawowow

He's right in that people nitpick things in films to an absurd degree, and that film quality is not at all about completely rigorous internal logic and consistency, but rather their other, more artistic and expressive properties. On the other hand, Prometheus made less sense than Inland Empire.

I'm about 10 minutes into the first rewatch of Empire i've had in a good while. I already have 4 questions.

1) How did Luke not sense the Wampa coming?

2) Why was the lightsaber lodged in the snow beneath him? It's far enough away that it wouldn't have slipped from his belt and fallen down. Also it wouldn't be orientated that way.

3) What large creature is the Wampa munching down on? We've spent what little dialogue we've had so far establishing that there's no life anywhere near them. That Wampa is pretty ripped...

hYNgKxm.jpg

"...I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic Wampa or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder."

"...I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic Wampa or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder."

Thank you. That's it exactly. My post was made in the spirit of the Simpson's writers, the downvoters are the characters in the gif.

I might get back to more observations, but can't tonight.

It did, yes.

Really?