Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Er, the video bares absolutely no resemblance at all to any of the above.

2dwf4gh.jpg

The sad thing about star wars shut-ins reacting this way is that the video is very interesting and fun speculation about the film. It was just meant to be fun and positive compared to a lot of my posts in the thread!

But no just shit all over it because you watched it for 2 mins and noticed a location was misnamed.

Here's a new flash guys: not everyone out there has obsessively studied every piece of news and media about the film. Not everyone spends their afternoons masturbating over Wookiepedia entries. Not everyone has seen 100 YouTube videos analysing everything.

It's such a strange attitude.

"Nnnng they called the droid the wrong name"

She just sounds like she's channelling the same shitty delivery that Hayden Christiansen had.

The rest looks great though, but I think she's going to be the weak link. Although to be fair, she's the only one saying a significant amount of stuff in that trailer.

She just sounds like she's channelling the same shitty delivery that Hayden Christiansen had.

The rest looks great though, but I think she's going to be the weak link. Although to be fair, she's the only one saying a significant amount of stuff in that trailer.

The I will finish what you started line in the other trailer sounded flat to me.

I think everything in the entire history of existence isn't quite as good as it could have been. Everything. Ever.

But you know, accentuate the positive and all that.

So, all of the teasers and trailers for TFA have been heart-skippingly, fist-pumpingly, eye-wateringly brilliant.

BRING. IT. THE. FUCK. ON.

Funny, Peter Mayhew was interviewed by and Australian publication recently and he said that John Boyega was great- very natural and expressive with good sense of comedic timing. He described Ridley as 'solid' (as in a bit wooden), saying he thinks her agent had to take her aside for a talk at one point. He later says he thinks she'll be a great actress when the right role comes along.

It almost read as if they didn't get along but he's an older guy and probably just has a way of saying things.

I'm getting a bit concerned now. Daisy Ridley sounds particularly awful. It's like she should be on the railway children or something.

Well, maybe there's an elephant* in the room.

Was she chosen cos she looks like Natalie Portman?

I'm not commenting on your point as I have no view on it right now but regardless of that, my point stands...

* it could be a Bantha, yeah it's a Bantha. Definitely not a Ronto though, oh no.

She doesn't look particularly wooden with Kylo Ren's lightsaber tickling her earlobe. I'm not worried - maybe she'll take a bit of getting used to as she's a bit different from what we've had before, but she'll be fine. She actually sounds a bit Australian in one or two of those clips in the new trailer, especially when she introduces herself to Finn on the Falcon - that would actually work really well if there's more of it in the film, in a sort of Mad Maxine way.

I'm a little worried that the parallels being drawn between this and a Star Wars will either grate or just give it an unoriginal feel.

Luke and Rey longing to get off their planet and out into space adventures I can handle as I love that aspect of Star Wars, but another trench run scene may be too much. Hopefully they will fail this time and the planet will crack open birthing the return of the Empire as the ultimate power in the galaxy. Downer ending, but then Luke is shown chilling in his cave, his eyes open, cut to black. STAR WARS!!! But you know, good...

I've just booked my seat for Cineworld Unlimited Secret Screening #4, which is going to be a 3D screening at Ashford on Tuesday, 15th December at 7:30pm.

It couldn't be... could it?

The running time of the secret screening is different from their advertised running time for Star Wars. So, unless they're really trying to disguise it, I would be pretty surprised (but pleased) if it did turn out to be TFA.

I'm sure it will be great but her delivery, even in those lines sounds stilted and awkward. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Also I too think she looks very similar to Portman, the woman I can never find attractive as I then remember her in Leon and fell like a dirty old man.

Looks nothing like her.

Yeah, in films where people who are relatives are played by people who have no biological connection whatsoever this is a particularly heinous example I gave because the two actresses couldn't look more different if they tried.

natalie_portman_68716.jpg

daisy-ridley-as-rey.jpg

EDIT: Not a spoiler since I have no idea whether they are supposed to be related or not. I just think they look similar. In the same way I thought Padme was like Leia.