IGNORED

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Doctor Shark

Well, gee, they really failed with that reboot then! Spiderman 2012 was snore-inducing mediocrity with flatly played dull characters.

Whilst I enjoyed it, the quality of the reboot is academic, the point is that they could never have set anything serious after Spider-Man 3 or Batman and Robin.

Whilst I enjoyed it, the quality of the reboot is academic, the point is that they could never have set anything serious after Spider-Man 3 or Batman and Robin.

Are you unable to watch License to Kill because you keep remembering Roger Moore raising an eyebrow and dropping a fish out of his car window?

Are you unable to watch License to Kill because you keep remembering Roger Moore raising an eyebrow and dropping a fish out of his car window?

The Bond series is a law unto itself. Are any events from a prior actor's films ever referenced in later films, except for the death of his wife? Each time they cast a new Bond it's effectively a reboot.

The characters in the Spiderman reboot were exactly as shallow as they were in the Sam Raimi ones. 'Rhys Ifans is sad because he has one arm, and wants another arm back' is about as in-depth as it got.

The Bond series is a law unto itself. Are any events from a prior actor's films ever referenced in later films, except for the death of his wife? Each time they cast a new Bond it's effectively a reboot.

"This never happened to the other fellow".

only for Han and Leia to die (in each other's arms - think about it, could work) and Luke to become both embittered and critically injured or even disfigured at the same time, whilst watching his sister and best friend get killed / murdered in front of him.

locked in a familiar-looking Vader suit, he becomes the new right-hand man the Emperor predicted he'd be and then sets about becoming an integral part of the resurgent Empire.

Stuff like that just sounds like you're trying to focus on making Star Wars all grim 'n' gritty for the sake of it. Combined with the idea that the Emperor's not actually dead - which would be yet another example, after the prequels, of Star Wars looking in on itself rather than expanding into new stories - and it's no surprise that your suggestion's getting negged.

JJ will handle the return of the key cast just fine. they won't be the main players - just supporting cast. the old supporting the new.

The plot has to revolve around the third gen of Skywalker(s) - who will presumably come from Leia's loins, not the monk like Uncle Luke's.

Han has to be long lost for his return to be in anyway dramatically satisfying. And someone will turn to the dark side - meaning Luke will most likely will sacrifice himself to get them back.

or something.

The plot has to revolve around the third gen of Skywalker(s) - who will presumably come from Leia's loins, not the monk like Uncle Luke's.

"The Force is strong in my family. My father had it, I have it, my sister has it...but that's it, cos we're not permitted to breed."

Nah reboot actually makes sense, am far more interested in a better version of what happened pre star wars than what came after. Basically, three more Empires please

Like with Bioware's SWTOR? Story based on Old Republic and the Sith/Jedi + Revan?

Oh right i see. I do agree there, i think if you brought the original cast back its going to be a bit of a dull show. The guys did a good job back in the day, but i think they should move aside let the new generation through.