IGNORED

Elite Dangerous - Console players can move their save to PC

Thor

I did a bit more on that moon; just bezzing around looking for points of interest. I found another settlement with a few sentries and defence turrets; so I took those out then scanned the data point for some more intel. This time it was for the feds. I then found a mining outpost; destroyed the turrents, sentries and mining extractors and then scooped up the mining fragments. All in all, with the fragments and intel I made about 40k. Not great compared to the money I can make from bounty hunting. but it was fun and something different..

... and then it went all dark on me, before I realised I was in a fucking ECLIPSE! Holy shit, that was awesome...

bNCv0vP.png

Wicked! Easy money :D I should be on in a bit, hopefully.

So do you need the SRV to do the assault? I figured from the description I could just blast away from a decent range and take out the generator. Fuck it, I'm buying an SRV anyway :wub:

I've gotta go for dinner now, but should be back on in a bit. I then have a couple of missions to take care of that are running out of time - one of them a nice bounty hunter mission to kill 6 pirates in a system.

You'll need the SRV if you want to land and scan the data points; or collect mining fragments etc. But you can just shoot the defense turrets from the air if you want.

Ah yeah, that'll help! I'm Cmdr Sophie-Beth.

I did some missions from the base I was at. Interesting experience, pretty much blew up the entire base using my ship but then drove around for some scanning fun, which in all got about a million credits after play (kept getting stopped, lots of bounties too). I don't like driving the SRV much, heh. Also had to remap the controls as the game seems to have forgot since the Beta. Get 'em done in double-quick time teamed up providing air support. Next to no resistance at the target for my mission (rated medium).

What fines? :eyebrows:

How do people use X52 properly with the damn Windows 10? I sometimes get it to work and sometimes now. With the recent W10 update some of the buttons stopped working and I had to re install drivers again. But this time I get a warning in device manager in the "programming support" and I can't seem to fix it. I can't believe that a company like MadCatz, with a popular product like X52 Pro still hasn't proper drivers for W10. What an incompetent bunch.

Yeah I've seen other people mention that online, pretty shocking from MadCatz.

The only problems I had with it were prior to a recent windows update; where disconnecting it would cause my PC to hard lock. But since then it's been fine. Never had any issues with buttons not working.

I never downloaded any specific drivers myself. When I was on Windows 7 it was plug-and-play; and I just did the upgrade route to Windows 10. I never had any cause to download specific drivers really; aside from that issue with the hard locking which fixed itself after a windows update (just after I started playing Elite again).

I don't use those buttons in-game; but they work fine from within the windows controller properties page. Is it just in-game you're referring to? I've been meaning to find a use for some of these extras actually; so I'll try and map them sometime.

If you go into Device Manager you'll probably see exclamation marks for the X52, certainly I do for the X55. As you say, it still pretty much works fine if you don't use the advanced functions, and I don't either. Might try them when MadCatz ever get round to sorting the drivers properly.

Re: the X52, the only way I could get all the buttons to work on Win7 was to use it in Plug & play mode (i.e. not using the shitty software), and open the 'usb game controllers' menu from control panel. While the properties/test screen was visible (the one which shows you the position of the analogue controls and which buttons are being pressed) then all functions would work in-game. If I close the properties the extra buttons would not work. Bizarre, but it might help!

I had no problems with it on Windows 8 and I have also managed to use it fully in W10. But after each Windows update it seems like it needs something new to work. Sometimes it just locks up the PC if the driver is recognized as a bad driver. There was also a time that I wasn't allowed to even enter Windows. That has to be some Microsoft fuck up. There are also problems with my 3.1 usb slots. I just don't understand why such things are not fixed when we are talking about such well known products.

Anyone know if they are still updating the base game to get 1.0 SDK Oculus support or would I need to buy Horizons for that? How does Horizons affect game patches from here on out? Will it be like Destiny TTK where you are left behind without the DLC and pointless buying the base game anymore?

The rough idea is that if a feature affects everyone, then it'll be available for everyone. Horizons specific updates will be about adding gameplay features like the planetary landings, crafting, etc. but things affecting the simulation or core experience like mission structure updates get rolled out to everyone.

Oculus support should be rolled out to everyone on that basis - it's a core feature.

• Thor changed the title to Elite Dangerous - Console players can move their save to PC