rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Keyboard Koala

Gamecube image question

So I have been playing my trusty old 'cube recently, and I've noticed that the image on my trusty old Trinitron is a bit off.

There's a slight downward bend at the left side of the screen. I do not seem to have the problem when using a Sony LCD flatscreen, so the 'cube should be working fine. I might add that I'm also using the standard official composite cable that came with the console.

Any ideas, fellow retro 'mukers?

PS. Thought I'd place this question in here, as I'm not sure many retronauts visit "Ask the forum"

CRTs have controls that affect the geometry of the image fired from the gun on the tube

depending on the make and model of tv you'll either have a hidden service/engineer mode that will let you alter the geometry

or you'll have to piss around with the slider rings on the tube neck... DO NOT DO THIS.

adjust crt tv geometry

• Upvote 2

Not if its physically happening in the yube, after image processing, and you say its ok on t'other telly

SCART might shift the image a bit, which might hide the problem a little, but consumer CRTs don't generally allow you to fiddle with their internal controls much, though I have done such a thing in the past on a Philips set, but that was proper old school, with actual physical knobs to twiddle, unlike the later CRTs which were controlled electronically.

Well, this thread saved me from shelling out £40 for a second hand official RGB cable then :)

Cheers!

you should still do this. Honestly

314470224_a56820bb8e.jpg

RGB.......................................................Composite..............................................

• Upvote 1

you should still do this. Honestly

RGB.......................................................Composite..............................................

It's £40, man! For a cable that was only £25 when it came out to begin with. If someone can direct me to a cheaper official RGB cable, I'd be happy to check it out.

I have one somewhere which I don't need as I use the component leads instead now. I'll see if I can dig it out.

I have one somewhere which I don't need as I use the component leads instead now. I'll see if I can dig it out.

If it's an official one, PM me asap after you find it :D