rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
moosegrinder

Christmas Present Board Game Ideas Thread: A Cry For Help

I got the first expansion for Race for the Galaxy and Santa gave my son Dungeon! We played Dungeon! this afternoon with my brothers, was very lightweight but great for kids.

I got Pandemic. We won the introductory game on the very last possible turn; I've no idea how it'll be possible to win any harder game because we felt like we were caning the cures pretty hard and fast!

I 'only' got Zombiecide.

Will be interested to see what you think of it.. Particularly if you get a chance to try single-player. Had my eye on picking it up.

I'm looking forward to giving King of Toko a go.. Looks great fun. Assume it's best to try without expansion first? Also is it okay 2 player or are more recommended?

I got plenty! Cards Against Humanity + First Expansion, 4 Game of Thrones LCG chapter packs, Gloom expansion pack and an Avacyn Restored fat pack. Oh, and a lovely chess set.

I am spoiled :wub:

Annual Gift Man didn't bring me anything either. Though on the flip side, I didn't receive any shit such as tea towels, so the balance of the universe remains unaffected.

Oh...SCORE!!!

xmas_haul.jpg

Hey, That's My Fish!

The Resistance (card game)

FF: Night of the Necromancer

Star Wars miniatures game

Y-Wing expansion (not pictured)

Dungeon Command: Tyranny of Goblins

• Upvote 3

For xmas I got the princess & dragon for carcassonne. Quite fun. Doesn't break the game too much and adds a bit of randomness. I couldn't play with it all the time but I liked it.

I got the Star wars Miniatures game too, and Would I Lie to You? Which to be fair, does look like it'll be a decent party game, despite not really being a proper board game. Have made a mental note not to have my first game of Star Wars with the wife after the cautionary tale on the previous page.

Treble, whats the D&D miniatures set?

I got a grand total of zip. I'm ok with it, I really am... :coffee:

Dude, that sucks. You'll have to come to mine sometime and have a game of something.

The D&D game is a dual-purpose thing: it's a small, self-contained game with tiles, minis and counters but also can be used as an extension set for the modular system (Ravenloft / Ashardalon / Drizzt).

I did pretty good at Xmas too- Got Galaxy Trucker Anniversary edition (which is enormous and very heavy), the 1910 expansion for Ticket to Ride, several more X-Wing Miniatures and Star Wars Guess Who! I also bought my girlfriend Lego Creationary, which is amazing. We were up to 3am on Xmas Night playing it!

Bought King of Tokyo, which I was expecting to be more fun than it is, although it might be better when we get to play it with six players at the weekend.

Have also been bought Fast Flowing Forest Fellas (looks good) and The Three Commandments (doesn't).

I was very spoiled.

Some lovely people got me the following:

Carcassonne

Forbidden Island

Netrunner

Mage Knight

Warhammer 40K Dark Vengeance

Dixit

Currently building my 40K army, going to play family Carcassone tonight and Netrunner tomorrow.

Only thing I think I'm missing is Zombiecide, think that can wait till my birthday.

Bought King of Tokyo, which I was expecting to be more fun than it is, although it might be better when we get to play it with six players at the weekend.

Have also been bought Fast Flowing Forest Fellas (looks good) and The Three Commandments (doesn't).

It's much better with 3+.

Saw my family today and also received Android: Netrunner, Citadels, Race For The Galaxy and Merchants & Marauders.

So many chits to pop and rules to read.

I also think SMERSH has arrived while I'm out and is with my neighbour who is not there now I'm back.

Dude, that sucks. You'll have to come to mine sometime and have a game of something.

The D&D game is a dual-purpose thing: it's a small, self-contained game with tiles, minis and counters but also can be used as an extension set for the modular system (Ravenloft / Ashardalon / Drizzt).

Just been reading about the D&D sets, sound very interesting. And aye, i'll have to take you up on that offer, you might be able to show me how to play the D&D board games/Arkham Horror correctly.... :lol: