rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
moosegrinder

Christmas Present Board Game Ideas Thread: A Cry For Help

I got the first expansion for Race for the Galaxy and Santa gave my son Dungeon! We played Dungeon! this afternoon with my brothers, was very lightweight but great for kids.

I really didn't get on with Race- couldn't get my head round what was going on! Finished the game with not much more of a clue of the rules than when I started.

I got Roborally, looking forward to playing that in the near future.

Saw my family today and also received Android: Netrunner, Citadels, Race For The Galaxy and Merchants & Marauders.

So many chits to pop and rules to read.

I also think SMERSH has arrived while I'm out and is with my neighbour who is not there now I'm back.

A nice selection there. Though I particularly love Merchants and Marauders. Such a fun game.

Right, got a birthday coming up so I thought this thread was still appropriate! I was thinking of asking for Pandemic, and maybe Ticket to Ride. I notice there are different editions of Ticket, which bring in different rules as well as maps- any thoughts on the comparison between them?

Either get standard or Europe depending on which continent feels better (I went Europe as the geography means something). You'll be set from there. The additions in Europe (stations I think) are relatively optional. We've never laid one at least.

From there the expansions offer some variety and additions but still require the base game. India is a great one for lower numbers of players. The base game is good enough, though - a genuine classic.

• Upvote 1

Finally got one* of my board game presents from the lass - all of her presents, bar two blu-rays, were ordered late. I'm pretty pleased though, as it's - topically - Ticket to Ride Europe, which I've only ever played once before, years ago, but really enjoyed. Looking forward to playing a game tomorrow/this weekend.

*possibly the only, I have no idea

• Upvote 1