IGNORED

Nintendo Wii U

deKay

My new Wii U arrived a couple of weeks ago, and over the last couple of days, I've occasionally had some classic Nintendo game reviews and videos on in the background, as well as some Wii U-specific games, and I've got myself really hyped up.

I knew when I bought the system that I was going to play Skyward Sword, Assassin's Creed 3 in SP and co-op New Super Mario Bros. U and Sonic Racing Transformed in co-op, but now I really, really want to replay both Galaxy games, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country Returns (and the SNES games), the NPC Pikmin games, etc.

I also want to replay Bowser's Inside Story, Paper Mario: TTYD, Super Mario Sunshine and countless others.

I love Nintendo. :wub:

Is New Super Luigi out at midnight tonight?

No - midnight on the 20th.

There's a banner on the eShop confirming it. Woo!

The banner says the 20th.

I have no idea what Flubit even is.

http://www.flubit.com - give them a URL for a product you want to buy, and they come back with a better price (usually around 10-15% better IME). I, and many others on this forum, have used them many times. We have no real idea how it works behind the scenes, but we don't care. You can order Pikmin 3 through them at the mo for about £26.

a lot of fun to play.

That's pretty much a 100% description of Lego City Undercover. If you want something fun, you really should be picking it up.

bouncyfun94u4z.gif

And do please try the ZombiU demo - it's a free download from the eShop, and well worth seeing if you get on with it. If you do, it's just a really great, tense experience.

http://www.flubit.com - give them a URL for a product you want to buy, and they come back with a better price (usually around 10-15% better IME). I, and many others on this forum, have used them many times. We have no real idea how it works behind the scenes, but we don't care. You can order Pikmin 3 through them at the mo for about £26.

Thanks for the advice.

That's pretty much a 100% description of Lego City Undercover. If you want something fun, you really should be picking it up.

That's single player only, isn't it? It does look fun but I might just wait for the Lego Marvel game as at least I can play it with my nieces and nephews.

I only realised last night that that Rayman game that's always hovering over the Miis is free. Is it any good?

It's a sub-set of content from the soon-to-be-released Rayman Legends game. It's basically 4 levels from the game with different daily and weekly challenges - go as far as you can, collect as fast as you can etc

It's well worth giving it a try - I;ve never previously liked the Rayman series that much, but this new one looks like it'll have a lot of charm and it's moved me from a 'maybe not' to a 'quite possibly' in terms of the full release.

It's especially good if you have friends playing - challenging each other to get the best times/distances can get quite addictive. Some of the stuff people do globally is insane in terms of skill.

That's single player only, isn't it?

It is yes, but it's sooooo good.

Real shame there's not a demo on the eShop for it.

Thanks for the advice.That's single player only, isn't it? It does look fun but I might just wait for the Lego Marvel game as at least I can play it with my nieces and nephews.

If the Lego Marvel game is as good as Lego City, I'll eat my face. Seriously, Lego City is just brilliant and even though it's single player, just passing the controller around and playing it with the kids is a joy.

Daft question alert...

Wanting to purchase Luigi DLC. It's asking to update the NSMBU software first. How do I do this? Just put the disk in the machine? Load the game up first? I'm at work and trying to get the misses to do this but she's having no joy.

http://www.edge-online.com/review/game-wario-review/

Miyamoto’s curious obsession with measuring everyday items became Measure Up at E3 2011, and gets a repeat airing here, in which you’re given a series of specifications – a 50-degree angle, a circle with a 5cm radius – to try to draw with the stylus. It’s surprisingly competitive with two players, but again there’s not enough of it.

They...they actually turned Miyamoto's hobby into.... :facepalm:

On the bright side...

I SHALL PLAY IT TO DEATH :o